Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

27 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Didn't Royal use to release deployment schedules from Jan - April? Why did it move to Nov - Dec? Just wondering..

It used to be March / April.  Last year was the first year they started with the Nov / Dec release.  I would guess competitive reasons as other cruise lines release theirs around this time, Royal used to be behind other lines in their release dates. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It used to be March / April.  Last year was the first year they started with the Nov / Dec release.  I would guess competitive reasons as other cruise lines release theirs around this time, Royal used to be behind other lines in their release dates. 

That's good. The Mar/April always feel like that time of the year where time stands still cause of there's less to look forward to given Christmas and New Years passed.

34 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Would Singapore be part of China phase 1 or phase 2? or have they not even announced when they plan on releasing Singapore/exotic itineraries?

China is China, not Singapore.  Those probably won't come out until spring since they aren't on the current list.

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Would Singapore be part of China phase 1 or phase 2? or have they not even announced when they plan on releasing Singapore/exotic itineraries?

China has not come out this early before and I assume it is Wonder of the Seas sailings.

Some of the repositioning cruises may involve Singapore if Royal takes passengers on Wonder to Shanghai. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peacefrogdog said:

Looking to sail a Western Mediterranean cruise and hoping for itineraries with more Italian ports then what I’m currently seeing .

Royal's itineraries in the Western Med tend to be repetitive, predictable and somewhat uninspiring (at least from my point of view as a European. YMMV). Celebrity are usually a bit more interesting, so you might want to consider them, although that's obviously going to be a different cruise experience.

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Royal's itineraries in the Western Med tend to be repetitive, predictable and somewhat uninspiring (at least from my point of view as a European. YMMV). Celebrity are usually a bit more interesting, so you might want to consider them, although that's obviously going to be a different cruise experience.

Not only Western but Eastern Med too. Check Rhapsody that is gonna do for the 5th year in a row the same itineraries from Venice...

9 hours ago, peacefrogdog said:

Waiting anxiously for Europe itineraries for May-June 2021. Do the itineraries tend to be somewhat similar from year to year?  Looking to sail a Western Mediterranean cruise and hoping for itineraries with more Italian ports then what I’m currently seeing .

It depends on the time of year too. Usually early spring and late fall they have one cruise that goes somewhere a little different. I found one cruise in  April 2020 that goes to Portofino area

15 minutes ago, furloughedagain said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already. I was under the impression that Alaska itineraries for 2021 would be out this week (see image). I know the week isn’t over but I’m tired of checking their website every hour. Any insider hints when they might open it up?

10 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I asked because last time they tied China and Exotics together (which included Singapore).. 

Royal tends to reveal Singapore homeport sailings when a new ship homeports, or arrive in Singapore for the first time aka an important day for Royal. Same thing happen to Quantum which was announced during Mariner/Ovation double call in Singapore and during Spectrum arrival in Singapore. 

Nov 16 is when Voyager and Quantum calls together here. Expecting some news from Royal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaveSplasher said:

Royal tends to reveal Singapore homeport sailings when a new ship homeports, or arrive in Singapore for the first time aka an important day for Royal. Same thing happen to Quantum which was announced during Mariner/Ovation double call in Singapore and during Spectrum arrival in Singapore. 

Nov 16 is when Voyager and Quantum calls together here. Expecting some news from Royal. 

Let's see whether they release new information this time!

10 hours ago, KroozFoolz said:

The sooner they open bookings, the sooner they start raking in deposits.

BUT, with these early releases there seems to be more Canceled Cruises, Chartered, Port Changes or Changes in Ship Deployments. It's like with Air Travel, I buy them up to yr out and at least 1/3 times Times and Flights change. This yr will Probably be like last, majority my Cruises wont be open to Book until Spring anyway

Edited by ONECRUISER

Is there usually a specific day/time of the week they tend to release their schedules? Or is it completely random? Anyone know if they (Royal) tweet out when the schedules have been released? Would prefer to avoid having to check their website 100 times a day for the week sailings are supposed to be posted if I can simply follow their twitter or other social media platform.

Jewel of the Seas is definitely on the move. She has been booked for the winter season 21-22 into Grand Cayman port in what now appears to be a Tampa replacement for Brilliance.  There are not indicators that this would be Galveston deployment. 

This would indicate that another ship would have to move from Europe to Dubai for the Middle East cruise season. 

44 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Any idea which ship will do the snowbird migration?

2019 Adventure 

2020 Vision 

2021  ?

With no ports reporting that is a hard one to predict. Port booking in Europe would seem to indicate it is not Vision as the ship would seem to have an October TransAtlantic from Barcelona.