Please remember these people in your thoughts and prayers

HillBilly Bob

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

May I add my prayers for everyone in Abaco, the Bahamas?  We have many good friends on a tiny island there and I am worried about them being directly hit by this monster storm.

All will need the thoughts and prayers, but I cringe at being on a tiny island in the Bahamas with a storm of this magnitude coming at me....

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

All will need the thoughts and prayers, but I cringe at being on a tiny island in the Bahamas with a storm of this magnitude coming at me....

Me too.  I'm so worried for them.  But they are an amazingly resilient people.  They have been hit before, many times.  They will survive and pitch in together to rebuild once again.  And they have already prepared as much as they can.  I just pray God will take it easy on them with this one.

• Like 1

This thread has been reported; however as long as it remains respectful and on topic I am leaving it alone here on Carnival. 

This being said will lock other threads of this sort. You can also comment on the Hurricane Zone board.

Be safe everyone

Edited by Host Carolyn
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, amyotravel said:

Yeah, dunno. Some of us have family very much potentially in harm's way and are very nervous. Sometimes talking about it, even just virtually, helps. I don't see any issues on this thread honestly.

Totally agree. Nothing on this thread but words of sympathy, well wishes, support and prayers.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

Yeah, dunno. Some of us have family very much potentially in harm's way and are very nervous. Sometimes talking about it, even just virtually, helps. I don't see any issues on this thread honestly.

I don't either and hope none arise. That is why it was left here😁

• Thanks 2

Please keep those in the path of hurricane Dorian in your thoughts and prayers. My family experienced the devastation that Hurricane Hugo left in the Charleston (SC) area back in '89. Tremendous destruction everywhere. Lives lost. We were without power for 42 days! Imagine that in West Palm Beach or Miami. We have relatives in Palm Bay that have not experienced a huge hurricane like this and they are always in our thoughts and prayers. I know that some people will be upset because their cruise was either cancelled or altered because of this storm. Carnival will do everything it can to protect its customers. We've had a couple of cruises cancelled, but at least we lived to tell about it.

Edited by jordanaire

4 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

Please keep those in the path of hurricane Dorian in your thoughts and prayers. My family experienced the devastation that Hurricane Hugo left in the Charleston (SC) area back in '89. Tremendous destruction everywhere. Lives lost. We were without power for 42 days! Imagine that in West Palm Beach or Miami. We have relatives in Palm Bay that have not experienced a huge hurricane like this and they are always in our thoughts and prayers. I know that some people will be upset because their cruise was either cancelled or altered because of this storm. Carnival will do everything it can to protect its customers. We've had a couple of cruises cancelled, but at least we lived to tell about it.

Great points, all @jordanaire!

I remember 2 years ago when Harvey & Irma hit Texas and Florida, people were steaming about the impact to their vacations, the inconveniences they suffered, not even considering that people lost their lives, their homes, everything!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jordanaire said:

Very much appreciated from here in South Florida jordanaire.  Thank you and everyone for your thoughts and prayers!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jordanaire said:

we live in western kentucky and we are keeping thoughts and prayers for everyone in the path of the storm. God bless all.

There are two groups of dedicated people who are often forgotten in an emergency like this.

1) All the employees that are at gas stations, grocery stores, convenience stores etc. If these businesses are open it's because someone who probably isn't making much money is working so you can get your supplies, food, and gas. They can't evacuate until they are told they can leave their jobs and they are probably worried sick about their families. Don't blame them because the store is out of water or gas - they have no control over what is in stock and what isn't. Please be patient and kind to them. Say thank you. It really helps.

2) Utility workers. There are thousands of utility workers who are driving INTO the storm zone so they will be available to get your power on as soon as possible. They are leaving families behind to drive hundreds, if not thousands, of miles to help. After the storm passes and you see them working, bring them iced tea or coffee or a cookie. Thank them for their service. You may be frustrated, but they are doing they best they can on very little sleep.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3