Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

8 hours ago, Timbles said:

Are you referring to Junella by any chance? If so, last I saw on Facebook was that she did not get an assignment on the Sky. 😢 She is indeed a gem and we are always so happy to see her on our cruises.

that's her ... bummer ... was definitely looking forward to seeing if she got that assignment she wanted ...

Any pics of one of the 2 window suites?  S 107 or S108  deck 17?  Thanks!  Wind rig if there is a separate bedroom area,  and if so if there is a door or curtain.  I am thinking it does not have a door. But curious of any pics, just the same,  thanks! 

Thanks everyone for your responses and requests so far. We are reading through them while sitting on the roof terrace of our pre-cruise hotel. We are in the Amalia Hotel in the city centre and the views are spectacular - especially at night!

20191018_203946.thumb.jpg.31284682640d8da5ab4a9249c87acd96.jpg

Since we have seen most of the historical sights already (in the last century!), we went on a personal quest to visit the Phaleron War Cemetary by tram today. My paternal grandfather was presumed lost at sea in the evacuation of Greece in April 1941 and his name is on the Athens Memorial there. We signed the visitors book and took time to reflect. It is a beautiful memorial. 

20191019_115205.thumb.jpg.e4188de638faec14c82d0282cd18e089.jpg

20191019_115925.thumb.jpg.2d4ebf0f29f4b3a206bff48c8a6dc4fb.jpg

20191019_120119.thumb.jpg.c5259ba0fc072f2e1dbe77b68077db71.jpg

We met some fellow Sky Princess passengers in the bar just now and we are all watching the sunset over the Parthenon/Acropolis.

Back to the excitement of boarding her tomorrow!

Sandra and Chris

Edited by dides
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, milolii said:

Any pics of one of the 2 window suites?  S 107 or S108  deck 17?  Thanks!  Wind rig if there is a separate bedroom area,  and if so if there is a door or curtain.  I am thinking it does not have a door. But curious of any pics, just the same,  thanks! 

Go to list of posts and look under "Sky S107 S108etc.   Pics on there.

Pooh

• Like 1

I hope you enjoy your trip!  I am VERY anxious to know how the "new" Princess Live compares to the old Explorer's Lounge.  I'm hoping it is very similar.  Also, an artist's rendering of the wakeview pool makes it look ridiculously shallow.  If you have a chance would you please confirm the depth of the pool.

Thank you for your kind offer to provide answers to all of our burning questions.  But despite all the requests, take time to enjoy your trip! 🙂 

33 minutes ago, High C's said:

Also, an artist's rendering of the wakeview pool makes it look ridiculously shallow.  If you have a chance would you please confirm the depth of the pool.

On another thread there was an actual photo of that pool which based on the people next to it then it’s very shallow like a wading pool.

9DC34202-85EE-40FC-8268-D6016271F12B.jpeg

Thanks Frank ❤️  That's my fear - a "wading" pool.  That translates into a pool to bring young children.  No disrespect to ANY kids, but I had hoped that the wake pool would be an adults area.  Perhaps the intent is a "sunbathing pool".  But if its very shallow, I wouldn't be surprised to see families using that area.  

• Like 1

Have a wonderful adventure, dides. Thank you so much for your offer of answering our burning questions. 

I’m wondering about the cost of the on-board couples’ Enclave booking for one week as well as for two weeks. I’ve seen the online price and am wondering if there would be a better rate if waiting to book on board directly at the spa.

Also, if you happen to be near the Internet cafe on deck 5 on embarkation day..what is the embarkation day price for a one week booking of unlimited internet (one device only)? Often there is an on-board discount for Platinums/Elites. Is the Sky offering this? 

Thank you so much! 

2 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Captain is Heikki Laakkonen and he will be on board for the TA.

It’s been posted that Capt Tuvo said he joins Capt Laakkonen on the Sky in Lisbon for the TA in preparation for taking the helm in the Caribbean.  We’re on that TA & will learn if anything has changed.

3 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

Would be interested in photos of the Concierge lounge and if the bathrooms in the suites have individual small bottles of shampoo and conditioner or if they also have the re-fillable containers on the wall.

Worldtraveler, I will attempt to paste a link to a photo on another thread, "Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019". There are great photos of the Window Suite and one of them has a reflection of the shower in the mirror - looks like they have the larger, re-fillable containers on a shelf.

Brian

69D89187-E683-4ACA-AAEF-03970766E8DF.jpe

Pictures of the aft pool area and deck if you are able to post. What I’m most interested in is the Royal/Regal have a lovely area at the aft of the ship on the lido deck with deck sectionals sofas and chairs where you can sit and enjoy a drink and view off the aft of the ship. Some pics I have seen suggest there may be some sectional sofas and chairs on the deck above just outside of the gym. Thanks if you take the time to take  these pics. Enjoy your cruise!🛳

Edited by dstables
Correct spelling
  • Like 1

I would also really like to see the pool areas. I read here that the Sky has only metal ladders to get in and out of the pool rather than at least one set of steps like the other Princess ships I have been on. I have a family member with some mobility issues that really don't warrant a lift but the stairs are really helpful. Thanks for any details!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bagney said:

Worldtraveler, I will attempt to paste a link to a photo on another thread, "Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019". There are great photos of the Window Suite and one of them has a reflection of the shower in the mirror - looks like they have the larger, re-fillable containers on a shelf.

Brian

69D89187-E683-4ACA-AAEF-03970766E8DF.jpe

And at the sink it looks like a big bottle of liquid soap instead of a bar of soap plus a big bottle of lotion.

Hope you have a great cruise @dides If you’re still onboard next Sunday, we might bump into you. Based on all the pictures I’ve seen so far, the ship looks amazing. Just loving the changes since the last Royal Class ships. A lot of more modern touches.

My only request (and I’m surprised no one else has mentioned this - edit - just seen that someone has asked about this. Oops!) would be to check if the mythical Coke Freestyle machines have made it onboard!

Edited by Geoffa30