Can I bring a Nespresso & Frother

coloradosmom

21. Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

It would appear to be a banned item.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Book a Haven suite. They have Nespresso machines in them.

But no frother (which is what we lost with the replacement of the Lavasa machines). 

The answer is still “no”. 

If you need froth, you’ll need to go to the coffee bar. 

5 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

'always'? I would think that because of the heating elements in both, you have been lucky not to have had them confiscated.

LOL.   Might want to have someone help you to take that fish hook out of your cheek.  😉

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

If this post is serious, I've never quite understood why some folks seem to go out of their way to try to pack more into their luggage instead of less.

I see them every cruise, struggling to get their luggage to the port, from the port to the ship, from the ship, to their cabins, and upon disembarkation, reversing the whole process.  I always think..."what exactly did you HAVE TO HAVE in your luggage to prompt you to drag all of those big suitcases around?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

It amazes me how many weird things people feel they need/want to bring on board with them. I’d love to hear stories from ship security of all the weird things people bring from home. 

That might be a Pandora's Box you don't really want to open! 😁

• Haha 1

You may want to check to see if the haven machines have the frother because our aft penthouse on the jewel did not have one, thus wasn't able to use it. 

Also the jet's have been removed from the tubs the tubs   were refitted  by bath fitter'

Needless to say we were pissed as this was also a b2b cruise to Alaska and Pacific coastal.

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I should have researched further to see the list of banned items before asking.  The reason I ask, is because I'm having a hard time justifying having to pay extra (almost $500 for the two of us) to upgrade to the premium plus beverage package, just so that we can have Latte's.  I just had a thought that if I brought my own Nespresso and Frother  I could avoid having to pay for a-la-carte latte's.  We usually cruise celebrity so the fact that the included beverage package with the promo doesn't include water or coffee is just kind of irritating and I was hoping for a work around. 

Edited by coloradosmom
type

13 minutes ago, coloradosmom said:

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I should have researched further to see the list of banned items before asking.  The reason I ask, is because I'm having a hard time justifying having to pay extra (almost $500 for the two of us) to upgrade to the premium plus beverage package, just so that we can have Latte's.  I just had a thought that if I brought my own Nespresso and Frother  I could avoid having to pay for a-la-carte latte's.  We usually cruise celebrity so the fact that the included beverage package with the promo doesn't include water or coffee is just kind of irritating and I was hoping for a work around. 

You don't need to apologize, some were just funnin' ya.  There was a thread a few years ago discussing bringing a pig to put on the spit on the pool deck.. 🤣

Anyway, how many lattes do you drink in a day; just wondering since it would probably be a lot less expensive ala carte than getting that Premium pkg for sure.  The water from the tap is fine, it's what most ppl use. The bottled water is way over-priced IMO.  

Hope you enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

If driving to the port it leaves room for all sorts of items that would be a total

pain to bring on an airplane. Some of the things I have seen people bring are

small beach chairs, giant blow up dolphins to use in the pool/ocean, gigantic strollers,

etc. etc. But one thing for sure if it is on the banned list it will either be discovered and

kept for you until after the cruise or if seen by the cabin steward  he or she  might have to

confiscate such items (not sure on that one).

I like good coffee so tested all the instant ones I could find.  Found that Starbucks Via House Blend tastes and smells like real drip coffee.   All the other Starbucks instants either smell awful or taste awful.  At least to me.  You might want to test out some of their Latte versions.  I didn't try those but they have lots of them. 

My husband  went to the buffet and got hot water from the buffet or we had a pot delivered with breakfast room service for free.  This route would be much cheaper than getting the upgrade beverage package.  And you could splurge on a real latte whenever you want.

And here is a small battery powdered "frother" if you really want to whip it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Operated-Electric-Cappuccino-Chocolate/dp/B07RDF3F69/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=frother+wand&qid=1571686173&s=home-garden&sr=1-5

Edited by firstimer2009