Encore Vibe Boycott

gmbhardy

9 minutes ago, aero777 said:

a stupid boycott would hurt these two guys the most...that really pisses me off!

55F9F7E8-5443-4EC2-89D9-D8B688812C67.thumb.jpeg.ef17e7bf2ea846c2b91b4029c1ce8e5d.jpeg

Aero777....one of the reasons I gave my very succinct answer.  For the last several years, these 2 guys have provided great service and a lot of laughs to me, my wife, and friends.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

No H2O is a big loss to me...these ships with the go cart tracks do not appear to be my cup of tea.  

Lol. Lots of people say this, but there are maybe a couple of hundred passengers out of 4500 who ever go to the  Spice on other ships. Poor use of space. 

1 hour ago, SeaShark said:

Same question as before....how will they know that you are boycotting and not just one of the thousands of people sailing on a competitor's ship on a given week?

They won't know unless these folks go to the pier and march with boycott signs.😉

This seems like a good idea. 

All we need is for 4500 passengers a week to frequent the Cruise Critic boards and hear about our plans. 

Don’t get me wrong, I think the loss of Spice H2O sucks. On my only other NCL cruise a few months ago on the Epic it was by far my favorite place to spend time on the boat. We booked the Encore months ago because we have never been on a brand new ship, before the deck plans were released. I’m sure we’ll still have a great time but it remains to be seen just how much I’ll miss Spice. 

1 hour ago, aero777 said:

a stupid boycott would hurt these two guys the most...that really pisses me off!

55F9F7E8-5443-4EC2-89D9-D8B688812C67.thumb.jpeg.ef17e7bf2ea846c2b91b4029c1ce8e5d.jpeg

No, if Vibe went back to the original size they would be able to provide the personal service people are used to.

IMHO, the design flaw is the undersized/ poorly designed pool deck on the Away ships.  I agree that it is a shame that Spice H2O was removed.   Spice is nice on the BA and Escape but to make it great for me, it needed a small pool like EPIC or Princess ships 

Personally, Vibe has been a great experience and it may have been the club atmosphere and the great people I've met in Vibe but I had a better experience three times in Vibe then my two Haven cruises (sun deck compare only).   

• Like 3

As consumers we have a choice, if you don't like the deck plan of the encore don't book the encore.  Either book another ncl cruise ship, or in the case of the op based on this and another recent ncl thread the op posted about his disappointment in a recent ncl cruise try a different more expensive cruise line to achieve the cruise they are looking at for future sailings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gmbhardy said:

No, if Vibe went back to the original size they would be able to provide the personal service people are used to.

Could a compromise be for the port side to become Spice H2O and the starboard side and deck 20 be VIBE? Each side would have their own hot tub and each side could share the bar in the middle.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Could a compromise be for the port side to become Spice H2O and the starboard side and deck 20 be VIBE? Each side would have their own hot tub and each side could share the bar in the middle.

That’s a great suggestion. That would be similar to the set up on Escape right now, except the public area would become Spice.

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Dont make comments about services provided if you dont know. There were only 25 passes sold on the TA Maiden sailing of the Encore.  The next revenue sailing is Sunday. They have increased the staff proportionate to the number of passes.  To imply they cant give personalized service is premature.  Dont buy a Vibe pass on the Encore. We wont miss you. And I was one of the 25 that bought a pass for the TA sailing and Ill be running to get one this Sunday ( even as a platinum plus guest with priority boarding).  Ill be happy to revisit this page when you have real experiences or information to base your comments on.   

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Karmary said:

Dont make comments about services provided if you dont know. There were only 25 passes sold on the TA Maiden sailing of the Encore.  The next revenue sailing is Sunday. They have increased the staff proportionate to the number of passes.  To imply they cant give personalized service is premature.  Dont buy a Vibe pass on the Encore. We wont miss you. And I was one of the 25 that bought a pass for the TA sailing and Ill be running to get one this Sunday ( even as a platinum plus guest with priority boarding).  Ill be happy to revisit this page when you have real experiences or information to base your comments on.   

Tell em Mary!.  Enjoy your cruise!. Looking forward to using my Shot O'clock towel holders in February!

• Like 2

I hope the OP is being tongue and cheek about this.  Vibe sells out within minutes and these expanded Vibe areas will also sell out but now probably midway through the boarding process.  NCL has options to upcharge just about everything these days.  Not sure how this is any different.

I would pay $200 for a guaranteed deck chair.  However, will Vibe lose its appeal from a small uncrowded and private experience to a crowded and typical pool deck on a cruise ship?  IMHO I think its very possible.  Laying down like sardines far away from the pool with hundreds of people sounds like a typical day on any cruise ship with no upcharge.  I also see this feeding the chair hogs.  They now have to get up earlier than ever to secure that pool chair since there is limited availability.  🙈

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Karmary said:

I agree, Mary. Can you please fill us in on your experiences with the first fully populated Vibe sailing? I'm excited for my trip in April and would love to know how things go!

Edited by Melody7
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Same question as before....how will they know that you are boycotting and not just one of the thousands of people sailing on a competitor's ship on a given week?

They are the one's waving a big flag from the dock that says "I'm Boycotting This Cruise" Lol

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 6:46 AM, david_sobe said:

I hope the OP is being tongue and cheek about this.  Vibe sells out within minutes and these expanded Vibe areas will also sell out but now probably midway through the boarding process.  NCL has options to upcharge just about everything these days.  Not sure how this is any different.

I would pay $200 for a guaranteed deck chair.  However, will Vibe lose its appeal from a small uncrowded and private experience to a crowded and typical pool deck on a cruise ship?  IMHO I think its very possible.  Laying down like sardines far away from the pool with hundreds of people sounds like a typical day on any cruise ship with no upcharge.  I also see this feeding the chair hogs.  They now have to get up earlier than ever to secure that pool chair since there is limited availability.  🙈

You would pay $200 for a deck chair? Would you pay to get in the movie threatre and then pay extra for a seat? I don;t see the attraction regarding Vibe, on all the RCCL ships I have been on (and there were many) they all had adult solariums which were very nice. Im going to have to respectfully disagree with your willingness to pay extra for a lounge chair, the cruise is expensive enough without these ridiculous upcharges. Soon they'll be an upcharge for a 'premium' seat in the dining room. I cruise because it's ALL INCLUSIVE, at least thats how it was years ago, 

Edited by Greyfox50

23 minutes ago, Greyfox50 said:

You would pay $200 for a deck chair? Would you pay to get in the movie threatre and then pay extra for a seat? I don;t see the attraction regarding Vibe, on all the RCCL ships I have been on (and there were many) they all had adult solariums which were very nice. Im going to have to respectfully disagree with your willingness to pay extra for a lounge chair, the cruise is expensive enough without these ridiculous upcharges. Soon they'll be an upcharge for a 'premium' seat in the dining room. I cruise because it's ALL INCLUSIVE, at least thats how it was years ago, 

I don't really disagree with what you are saying.  HOWEVER, I don't cruise that much and I remember my first NCL cruise where there were no available pool deck chairs unless you wanted to sit up by the loud engines.  Many of us pay extra for lots of things on our cruise i.e. specialty dining, a dinner show, go carts, ice bar, etc.  I cant believe the amount people spend on the upgraded beverage package.  But if that is important to you then go for it.  To know that I don't have to get up early to get a chair knowing there is a definite chair waiting for me would be worth every bit of $200.  I don't want to fight the masses, argue with chair hogs, and just wonder around the pool deck hopelessly hoping I get lucky and someone is going to leave.  Imagine shopping malls on Black Friday had pre-paid parking lots. Can you imagine the amount of people that would be paying big bucks for guaranteed parking spots near the mall?  When there is huge demand for something this is what happens.  Lets be real, there are NOT enough deck chairs for everyone on the ship.  The cruise line hopes people have other interests.  So for me, to have a deck chair reserved the entire week is probably worth more than 3 specialty dinners.  Also, I have yet to hear anyone buying a Vibe pass have regrets.  Most of them rave about the experience.  

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Greyfox50 said:

All inclusive? Where do you cruise where everything is included? It certainly isn't RCCL.

As advertised:

pd.jpg.623634a77a86119d258568f3da44df04.jpg

RCCL wants $1,700 for a cabana for 8 hours. Given that you can squeeze 8 people into the cabana, that works out to over $212 per person.

I think $200 to have the Vibe for an entire week is waaaaay better than $212 for 8 hours.

• Like 1