bring a mug to mdr?

isladonna

22 hours ago, LostPuppy said:

nothing says "fine dining" like a 64 oz "bubba mug" on your table.  I'm guessing they'd allow one to bring any kind of mug into the steakhouse too.

I would never classify any meal in Carnival's (or most any other line's) MDR as "fine dining".

• Like 4

The MDR ceased to be "fine dining" a long time ago. Elegant nights align more with that description, but even those have changed a lot. I have never brought a travel mug of any kind to the MDR with me, but I'm not opposed to it. In fact, I'm highly considering doing it on our upcoming cruise because I drink lemonade and it'd probably be easier to bring my own rather than have the waiter bring me one, then need to be refilled. I don't let the sight of frivolous things such as travel mugs, hats, flip flops, etc. affect my meal. My food tastes the same no matter what others bring to the MDR. This country boy doesn't claim to be classy, so think what you will, I'm still going to enjoy my meal.

• Like 4

I have taken a can of soda into MDR, along with my Carnival tumbler.  I have never seen any negative actions from servers or fellow passengers.  I think the MDR is more like Applebees or Chili's.  On "cruise elegant" nights, it might be considered a little more upscale, but still not what I would consider true "fine dining."

3 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I have taken a can of soda into MDR, along with my Carnival tumbler.  I have never seen any negative actions from servers or fellow passengers.  I think the MDR is more like Applebees or Chili's.  On "cruise elegant" nights, it might be considered a little more upscale, but still not what I would consider true "fine dining."

Finally! Someone who shares my opinion. Thank you Banditwife.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:38 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

I agree! Tacky. Tacky. Tacky

Just because someone can, does not mean they should.

Couldn't agree with you more, but then you have to expect the unusual.

To carry the nonsense a bit further

we might expect this sort of question in the Tasteless category:

"Can I bring my Tervis Tumbler to the MDR

while wearing slip-slops, and jeans under my bath-robe?" 

Can you picture it? Do you even want to?