P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I'm having many gremlins in this website today. Driving me mad.

Still waiting for rain here. Said 100% chance earlier but not enough to wet the pavements... Up to 23⁰ but cloudy and very humid.

On the plus side, been shopping for cruise wear...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'm having many gremlins in this website today. Driving me mad.

Still waiting for rain here. Said 100% chance earlier but not enough to wet the pavements... Up to 23⁰ but cloudy and very humid.

On the plus side, been shopping for cruise wear...

Still precipitating down here in biblical proportions. Like a French swimming pool for those who know their French pronunciation.

I’m sure we can pipe some water South. Fun fact - there is more water in Loch Ness than every lake and river in England and Wales. 🌧🌧🌧

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We have had a notification of an itinerary change for our upcoming Ventura cruise late October, early November. For operational reasons, we cannot go to Lisbon and instead, we will be going to Tangiers. Have any of you well travelled folk ever been there because I don’t  recall ever seeing it on an itinerary before?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

We have had a notification of an itinerary change for our upcoming Ventura cruise late October, early November. For operational reasons, we cannot go to Lisbon and instead, we will be going to Tangiers. Have any of you well travelled folk ever been there because I don’t  recall ever seeing it on an itinerary before?

I haven’t been, but my daughter in law has, a place she never ever wants to visit again, continual harassment from men in the Medina, she is almost 6ft tall, and was with her husband and children, but that didn’t stop the gestures etc, they returned to the ship fairly quickly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I haven’t been, but my daughter in law has, a place she never ever wants to visit again, continual harassment from men in the Medina, she is almost 6ft tall, and was with her husband and children, but that didn’t stop the gestures etc, they returned to the ship fairly quickly.

Wow, that’s encouraging ☹️. Thanks for your honesty. Looks like an excursion rather than a wander around.

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I would agree with your daughter-in-law. Would never go again.
I’ve been on several World cruises to many destinations and Tangiers is the one place I felt really uncomfortable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I would have thought Porto might have been a good substitute for Lisbon rather than Tangier's.

• Like 1

Dry here too, but a bit breezy.

Had a letter from my GP surgery inviting me for a Covid booster and flu jab, but on doing a test today, as I have been suffering a cold for the last few days,  I have tested positive, so that's changed all my plans for the next few days!  At least I have caught it now and not in a few weeks time when we are due to go on holiday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Had a letter from my GP surgery inviting me for a Covid booster and flu jab, but on doing a test today, as I have been suffering a cold for the last few days,  I have tested positive, so that's changed all my plans for the next few days!  At least I have caught it now and not in a few weeks time when we are due to go on holiday.

Sorry to hear you have tested positive.

Hopefully it is mild and you are soon well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Drizzly fog here, stupidly put a wash on so that’ll be nice draped in the living room, a practice for winter, no using the de humidifier this year, we’ll se how that goes damp wise. ( window open ). 
just been up to my friends at the farm behind us for a haircut (she’s got a little salon not the sheep shearer!). Younger son is contemplating changing uni from Bournemouth he wanted to go to Exeter, but geography is only available at Falmouth , don’t think he feels that’s far enough away, although getting there from here is actually not easy. He’s looking also at Portsmouth, hopefully he won’t choose there  though because it’s horrid to drive round & the halls are right by the train station, although nothing wrong with Portsmouth as such he could wip his washing over to Grandmas on the ferry! Have a safe day every one. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I'm sorry your test is showing positive today Purplesea, I was hoping they would stay negative for you. I was 5 days into my 'very bad cold' before I got my first positive test result. As you say, better now than nearer your holiday. Feet up, rest, pamper yourself and take care. x

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear of your positive test result. Hope you only have mild symptoms and recover quickly. Take care

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear you positive and altho not great timing, at least it’s not interfering with your holiday.

Look after yourself!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1