P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, Ilovemygarden said:

Hi folks - off on my river cruise tomorrow- going from Frankfurt to Amsterdam so looking forward to seeing new things and meeting people.   Hope anyone else cruising (or on land based holiday) has a great time too and the rest of you - play nice when I’m away! 😅

Hope you have a lovely time. River cruising does look very relaxing 

Michelle

• Like 1

Sunny with a bit of breeze, catching up with some washing. Got bogged down yesterday, fitted new toilet seats hopefully these will last longer than 4 years, got some with stainless fittings. Dh was a bit impressed that I’d done them, not difficult 🤔 No wonder plumbers have bad backs though, there’s always some narrow gap to work in! Just been to the charity shop, got a thick quilt/ comforter for on the sofa in the winter & a quilt cover for ds to take to uni as his new room has a double bed annoyingly. Also a load of books & staggered home with it all back not impressed! There was a lady up there talking about her first cruise she’s just come back from Iona, think she’s caught the  bug  as looking at another one 😂.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Got back from Scotland a couple of days ago.  Tesco Greenock, £1.72 per litre for petrol.  Tesco Sarfend same day 11p per litre cheaper.  Even lots of the petrol stations on the A1 were cheaper or the same price compared to Tesco in Greenock.

Paid £1.679 for petrol at Sainsbury’s on Sunday, notice from PetrolPrices site that 3 non supermarket petrol stations locally are selling it cheaper, nearby Esso Garage is £1.659. The service area on M54 is selling at £1.859 as usual Motorway Service stations ripping off motorists, probably 15 years or more since I last used one to fill up, and that was in the works pool car, for which I claimed it back on expenses. 

Been a busy morning messages from both granddaughters who received their GCSE results today, both girls remarkable results, one with the equivalent of the 7 A’s or A*’s the other with 5 A’s & 2 Bs. Very happy granddaughters, parents and grandparents, they have both worked extremely hard over the last 2 years in difficult circumstances. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Still not packed. Hopefully will be by tomorrow. 
Tests done and passed. Yay

Now just to see if we will get the car back from the garage so we can drive down  🤞 

I'm sure you will be packed in time & hopefully your car will be ready as it's a long walk from the moon 😄!

Have a super cruise 🙂.

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Now just to see if we will get the car back from the garage so we can drive down  🤞 

Have a lovely time, I bet your girls are super excited 

Michelle

Long story short I have just had a cruise cancelled at 4 days notice from Rosyth (Fred Olsen)  and we are looking for alternatives from Southampton as there is nothing up here at all.

The big issue is car parking which seems to be fully booked. I have checked all the usual suspects and nothing.

Any suggestions for hotels with parking or alternatives greatly appreciated, we would be travelling next week if we can get anything!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Long story short I have just had a cruise cancelled at 4 days notice from Rosyth (Fred Olsen)  and we are looking for alternatives from Southampton as there is nothing up here at all.

The big issue is car parking which seems to be fully booked. I have checked all the usual suspects and nothing.

Any suggestions for hotels with parking or alternatives greatly appreciated, we would be travelling next week if we can get anything!

Sorry to hear this and at such short notice too.

I have booked Elizabeth House Hotel, I know you can leave your car there.

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Have a great cruise. Looking forward to reading all about it.

24 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

West Quay Shopping Centre car park is used by many, including Graham. £5 a day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Have a lovely time, I bet your girls are super excited 

Michelle

Yes they are excited. I just have anxiety about it as usual. Can’t wait till I’m just on it and it’s all smooth sailing.  
I’ve gotten some packing done as hubby had a nap. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What a shame - you’d be looking forward to a nice short drive to the port for a change.   It would be nice of more cruises left from north of the border but I suppose the numbers just don’t stack up.  Hope you get something and have a nice time anyway.  🛳

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

How disappointing.  I hope you manage to sort something out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Long story short I have just had a cruise cancelled at 4 days notice from Rosyth (Fred Olsen)

Sorry to hear about your cancelled cruise . Not sure what would suit you but there is a F/O 

cruise next week from Liverpool. Southampton and other ports have a few cruises .

Not knowing what date you wanted I used the Eskimo House site and put in Sept 1st and

set it to -3/+3 days . Good luck with your research ,hope you find something that suits .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Oh no, I hope you can get an alternative sorted out.

Fred Olsen seem to be having a bad time at the moment - they cancelled a batch of Bolette cruises yesterday. Apparently due to low bookings, high costs and ‘an opportunity found to do a dry dock earlier’. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

What a shame.  Hope you can something sorted to replace it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hi folks - off on my river cruise tomorrow- going from Frankfurt to Amsterdam so looking forward to seeing new things and meeting people.   Hope anyone else cruising (or on land based holiday) has a great time too and the rest of you - play nice when I’m away! 😅

Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry to hear your cruise was cancelled.

I hope you can get something else.

There is a Premier Inn 1 minute drive from Southampton airport and you could book parking through HExtras at the airport for your cruise duration.

Taxi is £15-£20 from the Premier Inn to the cruise terminals.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

What a shame - you’d be looking forward to a nice short drive to the port for a change.   It would be nice of more cruises left from north of the border but I suppose the numbers just don’t stack up.  Hope you get something and have a nice time anyway.  🛳

I doubt I'm the only person from the southern half of the country who would rather drive northwards, avoiding the M25, than to Southampton. I love the northwards drive up the A1, hate the south western drive around London.

Hope you sort something out, Eglesbrech.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Thanks 1