P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I had my hips x-rayed this morning.

We then went for some lunch.

I'm 66 tomorrow so finally qualify for my government pension.

😀

IMG_20221026_123640.jpg

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Graham, you beat me to the pension, I recently got notification of my details for February, then I will be joining the old duffers club😁.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day one of decorating of upstairs room complete, ceiling, architrave and door painted, all corner joints caulked, ready to start papering tomorrow, should be complete tomorrow pm. Then to move furniture etc between 2 rooms to create a craft room/office as not needed as a bedroom. The old office/craft room will eventually become an upstairs sitting room with a sofa bed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Snow Hill said:

Day one of decorating of upstairs room complete, ceiling, architrave and door painted, all corner joints caulked, ready to start papering tomorrow, should be complete tomorrow pm. Then to move furniture etc between 2 rooms to create a craft room/office as not needed as a bedroom. The old office/craft room will eventually become an upstairs sitting room with a sofa bed. 

I'm worn out just reading this. Have fun !!

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, Peanut006 said:

Lovely photo of you both. Sounds like you had a fabulous day. It’s my daughter’s wedding this weekend so everything in in full preparation mode.

Michelle

How exciting, I hope you have a lovely time!

• Like 3

On 10/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, kalos said:

Sharing memories is an amazing gift we are left with ,they never leave our hearts ☺️

Today as I held a newly born Granddaughter, you can guess who came into my mind .☺️

Lovely news Kalos. Congratulations! 😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Disappointing news for us today. Bolton Council have given Peel Holdings permission to build a Ryder Cup golf course and 1036 houses on the the Hulton Estate at the bottom of our garden. Most of the land is currently farmland and we have lovely views of the the cattle and sheep in the fields. It will be sometime before building starts as the farmer will have to find somewhere else to go, or give up farming. I still don’t believe that we will get a Ryder Cup golf course in Bolton. As much as I love my home town, I suspect the the golf course will never happen here and it will just be more houses. We haven’t got the infrastructure for all this. We will just enjoy what we have for now.

I think I remember you posting some beautiful photos of your garden with lovely countryside views. I hope either it never happens or they don’t build too close to you

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

😀

IMG_20221026_123640.jpg

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Graham, don’t go mad spending all of that state pension.

We find an excellent way to put it to good use is to book more cruises.😇

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Graham, don’t go mad spending all of that state pension.

We find an excellent way to put it to good use is to book more cruises.😇

Thank you Josy.

Pauline is only 60 and still working otherwise we would be cruising even more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

😀

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Graham and great to be getting your government pension……

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your birthday meal out with Pauline and your Sarah.

Gill x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

No idea why but am struggling to respond and can only post over an old message ! So deleted it hoping this gets through!!

Anyway here are some photos of Bodnant Gardens in the Spring ... a real MUST

20210604_134016.jpg

20210604_141309.jpg

20210604_141245.jpg

20210604_141225.jpg

20210604_142528.jpg

20210604_150018.jpg

20210604_142710.jpg

Lovely photos. We were there mid May and have some similar ones. It’s such a beautiful place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I think I remember you posting some beautiful photos of your garden with lovely countryside views. I hope either it never happens or they don’t build too close to you

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, it will be what it will be. I’m sure it will be a long time before anything happens. We also know that the narrow wood between our garden and the land will never be built on as the water feed from Ullswater is there. One other possible plus is that the deer may move on and my garden will be untouched. As much as I love to see them, this year I have lost so many plants. Hey ho, it’s nature.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Not just farmland ,we could soon loose our local airport, I hope not .

Unfortunately I think it is a lost cause.  Peel Holdings have a certain history in these circumstances! 

DSA is a fantastic airport, let down by management with a certain agenda. 

Looks like it is EMA or BHX from now on. I will never fly from LBA , although back in the 80s I used it on a weekly basis. 

Whilst the 747 flying into DSA from Nairobi with flowers and green beans used to wake me up on a regular basis,  it was a small price to pay  for  a great airport.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Disappointing news for us today. Bolton Council have given Peel Holdings permission to build a Ryder Cup golf course and 1036 houses on the the Hulton Estate at the bottom of our garden. Most of the land is currently farmland and we have lovely views of the the cattle and sheep in the fields. It will be sometime before building starts as the farmer will have to find somewhere else to go, or give up farming. I still don’t believe that we will get a Ryder Cup golf course in Bolton. As much as I love my home town, I suspect the the golf course will never happen here and it will just be more houses. We haven’t got the infrastructure for all this. We will just enjoy what we have for now.

Sadly, whilst this government purports to protect the Green Belt, it is all just talk. The bulk of new housing (private of course) proposed in the North Herts District Council Local Plan is all in the Green Belt. It was referred to the Planning Inspectors who passed it...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

😀

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.2179d4d32fcec5a3ff837835c4877b52.gif Graham😁

Happy birthday Graham and enjoy your pension and other wondrous things ..
Such as OAP chippie specials at a fish shop probably near you.
If and when you retire you will find time to see and hear other things that will blow your mind,

like at the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not even eating cereal.

Body popping takes on a whole new meaning as you get older😑
Enjoy your meal out tonight .Be good to yourself and take care .:classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1