P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sunny, clear blue skies and no wind. Could be summer if it wasn’t freezing!!

Twelve months ago a coffee group was set up for people who wanted to make new friends in the area. It has averaged 20/25 people meet once a fortnight and I have made some lovely friends. We are all going out to a local Italian tonight so looking forward to that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 16

56 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Sunny, clear blue skies and no wind. Could be summer if it wasn’t freezing!!

Twelve months ago a coffee group was set up for people who wanted to make new friends in the area. It has averaged 20/25 people meet once a fortnight and I have made some lovely friends. We are all going out to a local Italian tonight so looking forward to that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Same glorious sunshine in my part of SW Lancashire Michelle 👍

Eight years ago an elderly lady posted on a local internet site that she would like to meet new people.  Six strangers turned up at the coffee shop and we all became good friends.  We try to meet up weekly at each other’s homes but sometimes go out for lunch instead. Today I’m hosting.  

Next week, however we are returning to the coffee shop where we first met, to remember the wonderful lady who brought us together.  She died suddenly one year ago at the age of 92, whilst still being fit enough to collect her morning paper and climb stairs!  Despite being 20 or so years older than the rest of us, she was lively of mind, intelligent, kind and a joy to be with and we miss her.

Enjoy your meal out tonight Michelle.

• Like 20

Lovely sunshine and blue skies here in Bolton, not a breath wind. As Michelle said, it’s very cold though. We will wrap up warm and go for walk after lunch then I will finish my cruise ironing, it’s all fun here.

• Like 7

We have been to Stone to top up our wine stock.  He who should be ignored suggested popping into Wetherspoons for breakfast so I now have indigestion and regret eating a very unhealthy sausage and egg muffin. OH had an English breakfast and despite having fatty food feels fine.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Same glorious sunshine in my part of SW Lancashire Michelle 👍

Eight years ago an elderly lady posted on a local internet site that she would like to meet new people.  Six strangers turned up at the coffee shop and we all became good friends.  We try to meet up weekly at each other’s homes but sometimes go out for lunch instead. Today I’m hosting.  

Next week, however we are returning to the coffee shop where we first met, to remember the wonderful lady who brought us together.  She died suddenly one year ago at the age of 92, whilst still being fit enough to collect her morning paper and climb stairs!  Despite being 20 or so years older than the rest of us, she was lively of mind, intelligent, kind and a joy to be with and we miss her.

Enjoy your meal out tonight Michelle.

There are some lovely thoughtful, kind and considerate people about

Michelle

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been to Stone to top up our wine stock.  He who should be ignored suggested popping into Wetherspoons for breakfast so I now have indigestion and regret eating a very unhealthy sausage and egg muffin. OH had an English breakfast and despite having fatty food feels fine.

That’s a really great phrase!  Passing it to my wife now.  She can add it to the list - which includes, when I deal with some legal or financial issue (my only skills) “I have staff for that - I’ll put him on.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have just had a lovely surprise.  DH's cousin has sent me flowers because she knows that we will be away for my birthday when I rang to thank her she said that she wanted me to have time to enjoy them before we went away.

• Like 14

Well day didn't start to well diagnosed with prostate cancer stage 2 having to have it removed so had to cancel Aurora cruise in July payment due in 3 weeks so darn't risk not being fit hanging on in hope for ventura September 

1 minute ago, binman2 said:

Well day didn't start to well diagnosed with prostate cancer stage 2 having to have it removed so had to cancel Aurora cruise in July payment due in 3 weeks so darn't risk not being fit hanging on in hope for ventura September 

So sorry to hear that news. Think you are probably wise cancelling Aurora in July - hopefully you can transfer the deposit to another Aurora cruise for next year.

Ventura in September will be great to look forward to whilst you are recuperating.

Take care.

Gill

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, binman2 said:

Hope all goes well and your sorted ASAP 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, binman2 said:

I’m so sorry to hear your news. Let’s hope they get you sorted quickly so that September is a goer.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

They do a nice eggs Benedict in Spoons.We eat healthy breakfasts at home but do like a full bifta English when away especially the Premier Inn for a tenner.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, binman2 said:

Sorry to hear your news, and the treatment goes well. Hopefully you will be well enough to get on Ventura in September.

Take care.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, binman2 said:

Sorry to hear your news, hope you get the treatment you need so you can look forward to booking another cruise

Michelle

• Like 5

So sorry to hear your news Binman2.   Hope it all goes well..

We realised yesterday that it was 16 years since my op, and I'm still ok, though, of course, mine was in a different place to yours! 

Good luck with your treatment.xx

• Like 5

Thanks  everybody for replies didn't move the aurora cruise we had already moved 2 cruises to 2024 so was prepared to loose deposit this time as it was only  £50 each as we had booked onboard iona in Oct 2020 so that was one advantage of booking onboard that year 

• Like 8

I don't know what is going on this evening but my phone has been ringing non stop. I have been asked if I can help a councillor to deliver her local election leaflets, I have had messages telling that the spring booster vaccination roll out will be starting in a couple of weeks so can I help out booking people in and finally 2 team captains checking that I will be bowling for their teams again this year.

My s-i-l is also trying to organise a family get together and is giving all of the ladies instructions on what she expects us to do to help out.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, binman2 said:

Prayers 🙏 sent to you for a successful operation and excellent recovery.

Graham.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

They do a nice eggs Benedict in Spoons.We eat healthy breakfasts at home but do like a full bifta English when away especially the Premier Inn for a tenner.

We went shopping in Morrisons yesterday. 2 full English breakfasts for £10. I wonder if they are thinking of a budget hotel business?.

51 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I don't know what is going on this evening but my phone has been ringing non stop. I have been asked if I can help a councillor to deliver her local election leaflets, I have had messages telling that the spring booster vaccination roll out will be starting in a couple of weeks so can I help out booking people in and finally 2 team captains checking that I will be bowling for their teams again this year.

My s-i-l is also trying to organise a family get together and is giving all of the ladies instructions on what she expects us to do to help out.

What about the men?