P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone😊

Well it's the 1st day of Spring, the clocks go forward at the weekend and it's a mild 11c even if a little cloudy. I'm trying to stay positive and get myself motivated, but it's taking longer than I had anticipated for my knee and leg to heal from my stupid fall. It's our grandson's wedding on March 31st so🤞. Anyhoo, that's enough of my whinging.

@P&O SUE I hope your mum and dad are both doing well now Sue and it's eased a some of your worries.

Have a good day everyone and enjoy the 1st day of Spring💐

Take care.

Avril

Thank you Avril, they’re doing ok but they are always a worry! Today they are off to the fracture clinic for my Mum’s knee, she went last week but they decided it was arthritis then she got a letter for an appointment today! John and I think it’s a mistake but they are going anyway.Perhaps they’ll decide it is a fracture after all 🤷‍♀️

They have been married 64 years today ☺️

I really hope your knee gets much better in time for the wedding, hopefully it will be a wonderful day for you all.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone😊

Well it's the 1st day of Spring,

Have a good day everyone and enjoy the 1st day of Spring💐

Take care.

Avril

15 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Morning all🙂

Oh no !    I seem to miss all the exciting things like when night  falls and dawn breaks .

I never hear them and now spring but to be fair it was at 5.24pm and I was watching 

Flog It on telly ,so was distracted 😉

When out and about I see the daffodils are up and looking fine . Which tells me that 

it must be spring 🙂

Have a good day everyone :classic_love:

• Like 4

I always thought it was 21st for the first day of spring.  

I cannot get my normal clothes into my wardrobe, it is so full, so starting to  do a big cull, one black binbag full already.  My daughter (I hope) will take them, and they will be reused and/or sold by  charity.  Those things you think you will wear again, and never do.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Avril, they’re doing ok but they are always a worry! Today they are off to the fracture clinic for my Mum’s knee, she went last week but they decided it was arthritis then she got a letter for an appointment today! John and I think it’s a mistake but they are going anyway.Perhaps they’ll decide it is a fracture after all 🤷‍♀️

They have been married 64 years today ☺️

I really hope your knee gets much better in time for the wedding, hopefully it will be a wonderful day for you all.

Many congratulations to your mum and dad Sue.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I saw that but it’s my Mum and Dad’s wedding anniversary today and in years gone by it was always the first day of Spring!

It can vary between 20 and 21 March, it will be 20 March until at least 2030, the Vernal Equinox determines the timing,

https://greenwichmeantime.com/longest-day/equinox-solstice-2021-2030/

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I always thought it was 21st for the first day of spring.  

I cannot get my normal clothes into my wardrobe, it is so full, so starting to  do a big cull, one black binbag full already.  My daughter (I hope) will take them, and they will be reused and/or sold by  charity.  Those things you think you will wear again, and never do.

I did the same thing 2 weeks ago, the charity shops are always happy to take clothes that are in good condition.  One of my friends works in a charity shop and she said that they wash and press all donations and items not suitable for sale are collected by a recycling centre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I did the same thing 2 weeks ago, the charity shops are always happy to take clothes that are in good condition.  One of my friends works in a charity shop and she said that they wash and press all donations and items not suitable for sale are collected by a recycling centre.

I used to work in a Hospice shop, and loved it.  We got some really nice clothes - I even bought  few things myself.  Our Manager was very strict (which was good) and we did not get a discount.  She also charged us for the biscuits with our coffee!  Another one I worked in used to get lovely biscuits, but used petty cash, which I did feel was not on, personally.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I used to work in a Hospice shop, and loved it.  We got some really nice clothes - I even bought  few things myself.  Our Manager was very strict (which was good) and we did not get a discount.  She also charged us for the biscuits with our coffee!  Another one I worked in used to get lovely biscuits, but used petty cash, which I did feel was not on, personally.

My mrs has got some brand new stuff from charity shops.Some of it good and blingy enough for formal nights.She got me a couple of nice shirts recently.PS don't tell anyone else on here,Brian.

• Haha 11

20 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

On a visit to Saffron Walden I bought a new Tommy Hilfiger shirt for £6.95 in a charity shop. It was current stock at the time and retailed at £69.95, I was a huppy bunny.

LL and I started the ball rolling here.Come on down guys and confess.

• Haha 1

The NHS are definitely working on getting appointments filled.  I have just had a phone call from Stafford hospital to make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon for my surveillance appointment.  I was not expecting that it would be exactly 8 weeks given the current NHS situation at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

The NHS are definitely working on getting appointments filled.  I have just had a phone call from Stafford hospital to make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon for my surveillance appointment.  I was not expecting that it would be exactly 8 weeks given the current NHS situation at the moment.

My mrs had an appointment for her knee the day before we drove here.She saw the consultant who sent her for a series of xrays,she went back to the consultant who recieved them on his computer.He sent her to the plaster room who fitted her with a velcro splint for damaged tendon.All this in and out in an hour,job done.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

49 minutes ago, brian1 said:

My mrs had an appointment for her knee the day before we drove here.She saw the consultant who sent her for a series of xrays,she went back to the consultant who recieved them on his computer.He sent her to the plaster room who fitted her with a velcro splint for damaged tendon.All this in and out in an hour,job done.

We have recently needed to visit the hospital several times, and like you we have received extremely prompt appointments and superb service. I guess the smaller town hospitals are not suffering the same delays,  and of course they are not then as newsworthy.

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have recently needed to visit the hospital several times, and like you we have received extremely prompt appointments and superb service. I guess the smaller town hospitals are not suffering the same delays,  and of course they are not then as newsworthy.

We are a London Borough TJ and a very large busy hospital.We did have to wait a couple of weeks for the appointment but weren't expecting to be done and dusted within an hour.I had visions of driving 1500 miles with my mrs leg in plaster hanging out the window.Brian.

Edited by brian1