P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are now all packed and ready to go tomorrow on our first cruise since 2019 in probably our favourite PO ship now, Britannia. May not post much away as like to switch off but will let you all know how it goes when we get back.

Getting excited now 🤗 😆 ☺️ 

Hope you have a lovely time.  I too will be very interested to read your thoughts - I was on Britannia in 2018 and loved it.  Booked again for January and thinking about September as well.  A bit concerned about recent comments so hope yours are good!  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Not doing themselves any favours.They put my car insurance up 200 quid this year despite 15 years no claims.Goodbye Saga,got it 150 cheaper elsewhere.

Sadly, loyalty counts for nothing these days……

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Not doing themselves any favours.They put my car insurance up 200 quid this year despite 15 years no claims.Goodbye Saga,got it 150 cheaper elsewhere.

Saga have created themselves a financial problem by a series of disastrous financial moves, and they're expecting customers to make up the shortfall.  Expecting people who've bought lifetime subscriptions to their magazine to pay all over again (another £30 a year) is really taking the mickey though!

What's next?  Send out another cruise invoice halfway through the cruise, saying they've decided to charge you all over again?

• Like 7

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

200 metres from McDonald's  is a brand new food park with 

Greggs.

Starbucks.

Burger King.

Kentucky fried chicken.

This is a preview of P&O’s new food mall instead of The Quays on their next mega ship (all chargeable of course). 😉

Edited by DamianG
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Direct Line did the same to my wife, a rise of £138 despite having a new car in a lower insurance bracket and 9 years non claims. Got cover elsewhere for £50 less than last years renewal. Mine not due until September, but if they play the same game I will be off and take House Insurance off them as well. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Direct Line did the same to my wife, a rise of £138 despite having a new car in a lower insurance bracket and 9 years non claims. Got cover elsewhere for £50 less than last years renewal. Mine not due until September, but if they play the same game I will be off and take House Insurance off them as well. 

Problem was that Saga and only one other company offer unlimited euro cover.Luckily ,the other company were more sensible.

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are now all packed and ready to go tomorrow on our first cruise since 2019 in probably our favourite PO ship now, Britannia. May not post much away as like to switch off but will let you all know how it goes when we get back.

Have a great time. 

• Thanks 1

Currently at Keele Services in the sunshine having a coffee .. here very early but wpild rather be far too early than worrying. Once the coach comes we chill completely.  Then again lots of other happy cruisers waiting too now !! 

• Like 13

44 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I was surprised recently about the rise in my premium but a quick phone call produced a fairly small discount. It did get me thinking though. Insurance companies must have done well during 2020-2021. All cars were insured but hardly used as we couldn’t go out, homes were occupied most of the time which probably reduced the number of burglaries and no-one went on holiday but many kept their annual holiday insurance policies in place. Lots of money coming in, less going out and some staffing costs paid for by the furlough scheme. Naive thinking? Possibly.

• Like 12

It doesn't pay to stay loyal to any insurance company. I have used cashback sites for years and not only saved on insurances, but received £100's cashback. I cannot understand why everyone who has access to a smart phone or laptop doesn't do this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Currently at Keele Services in the sunshine having a coffee .. here very early but wpild rather be far too early than worrying. Once the coach comes we chill completely.  Then again lots of other happy cruisers waiting too now !! 

Just make sure you are on the side of the M6 going South rather than North. 😊

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I wonder what made them think they were worth £200 more ? 

Our insurance was just over £230 for the pair of us last month on renewal.

But then we are lucky if our mileage goes over 3k these days ,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hope you have a lovely time.  I too will be very interested to read your thoughts - I was on Britannia in 2018 and loved it.  Booked again for January and thinking about September as well.  A bit concerned about recent comments so hope yours are good!  

We have been in Britannia 3 times since lockdown and go again in December. Loved every minute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Are you skipping school ?  When I was out for my morning walk today there were lots of children in school uniforms. 🤔

• Haha 3

My wife thinks I think she’s a witch.

This morning (she chooses the start word for Wordle and we both use it in some sort of semi-competition) for the second time she got Wordle on the very first line. Using a thought process based on one of this morning’s news stories. No need for a spoiler alert - it’s impenetrable.

She has a system involving using things like current news stories or what comes up in emails to trigger the word chosen. And she consistently beats me at the game itself.

So she obviously is a witch!  😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Are you skipping school ?  When I was out for my morning walk today there were lots of children in school uniforms. 🤔

Ha ha. Doing a phased retirement so only work 4 days now. Whole new world being out when the schools are not on their  holidays. 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 6

Just now, Presto2 said:

Ha ha. Doing a phased retirement so only work 4 days now. Whole new world being out when the school's are not on their  holidays. 

Enjoy it, it's just a shame that the ship will probably still have lots of children on board who have taken a day off. 

The phased retirement is a good idea, I did that and it really eases you into becoming more relaxed.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have you had an aft view cabin on Britannia before? We have F727 (parents in F726) booked for a Med cruise in 2025 and wondered if we’ve made a mistake with the Live Lounge 2 decks below us?

Next year we have a C deck deluxe cabin for a Norway cruise.

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

This morning (she chooses the start word for Wordle and we both use it in some sort of semi-competition) for the second time she got Wordle on the very first line. Using a thought process based on one of this morning’s news stories. No need for a spoiler alert - it’s impenetrable.

She has a system involving using things like current news stories or what comes up in emails to trigger the word chosen. And she consistently beats me at the game itself.

I’m impressed.  I only got it on the 4th line …… but the thought process to get it ….. 🤭?

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Have you had an aft view cabin on Britannia before? We have F727 (parents in F726) booked for a Med cruise in 2025 and wondered if we’ve made a mistake with the Live Lounge 2 decks below us?

Twice F729 and wouldn't go anywhere else than the aft. Love it. Can hear a little noise.. mainly bass beat but didn't bother us that much. Think we heard them rehearsing in the day on the balcony once. You will get some soot but hey ho it washes off 🤪 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I got it on the 2nd line this morning.  I use the first 5 letter word that I hear on the news.  I have a bit of competition going with my niece, whoever gets it first blocks out the answers and WhatsApps the grid to the other who then replies when they have the correct word and the other person then sends their version.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have a great time! We have just got off Britannia after 2 weeks in the Baltic. We had a lovely cruise, the shows were excellent, especially the last one which was circus based. I see you have Chesney Hawkes in Limelight, are you going to see him? I think yours will be a busy one, a member of staff said there are 800 children on this week. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We had an aft cabin next door to where you are booked on a 3 night cruise Sarah.

Because it had stag/ hen parties on board the lounge we could hear some noise until around 3am.

We spoke to the hotel manager and got an acceptable extra OBC and he acknowledged on the short booze cruises the lounge is open very late

On a traditional 7 night cruise we had the same cabin and after 11pm it was quiet 

Fantastic balcony views and cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Twice F729 and wouldn't go anywhere else than the aft. Love it. Can hear a little noise.. mainly bass beat but didn't bother us that much. Think we heard them rehearsing in the day on the balcony once. You will get some soot but hey ho it washes off 🤪 

Thank you 😊 How much soot should we expect, enough to mark clothes? 🥴