P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning All

Good luck today Pam - with the appointment and the traffic. It's good to hear there's a little gang of you you going up to Plymouth. Have a really nice lunch together.

Well His Lordship seems a bit more lively this morning and I've attempted to attach a photo of him on his settee. I know it's hard to tell which end is which but this is his favourite sleeping position and he hasn't been able to do that for a few days as his tummy's been too sore.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Best wishes. Jane xxxx

20230530_072749.jpg

Aw….. it looks like he is feeling a little sorry for himself.

I’m glad to hear Ted is feeling better tho. I’d like to say he won’t do it again, but……🙈💩

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning All

Good luck today Pam - with the appointment and the traffic. It's good to hear there's a little gang of you you going up to Plymouth. Have a really nice lunch together.

Well His Lordship seems a bit more lively this morning and I've attempted to attach a photo of him on his settee. I know it's hard to tell which end is which but this is his favourite sleeping position and he hasn't been able to do that for a few days as his tummy's been too sore.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Best wishes. Jane xxxx

20230530_072749.jpg

Our Teddy sends his best wishes, glad to hear there’s been some improvement. 

Also glad you’re sticking around as a lot of us have enjoyed your virtual support and not least your company on here over the last few years. 

I think it’s safe to say that “new” P&O isn’t going to be for everyone but that doesn’t mean we no longer listen to anyone who is unlikely to sail with them anymore. We still have experiences to share & I personally enjoy hearing all the different viewpoints regardless of whether the subject is P&O, another cruise line or air fryers!

Best regards (especially to Teddy).

24F57B2A-0822-4DC7-A076-949AB56E7E76.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 15

12 hours ago, Beckett said:

So, I hope you don't mind having a non- cruiser on the cruise critic forum but I'm staying on here so that I can carry on chatting with all you lovely people. 

Same here Becket.  No cruise planned but really hope I can  do just one more sometime in the future.  The thought of it gives me a goal to aim for.

As a potential non cruiser leaving the forum didn't enter my head.  No chance.. I enjoy it all too much!😀

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Same here Becket.  No cruise planned but really hope I can  do just one more sometime in the future.  The thought of it gives me a goal to aim for.

As a potential non cruiser leaving the forum didn't enter my head.  No chance.. I enjoy it all too much!😀

Me too, please.

• Like 14

Good morning cruisers and non cruisers hope your all ok this morning .

I wouldn't like to be the one telling my suitcase we are not going away this year.

I just couldn't be doing with emotional baggage .🙃

Have a great day everyone 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

Good morning all. Cowering in the shade indoors here with the windows open and blinds closed. It’s 23 degrees here already.

I have left out the cool box with bottles of cold water, cola etc next to the bins for the refuse collectors.  I only do it when it’s really hot but they know they can at least get a cold drink to rehydrate. Not a pleasant job in this sunshine as it’s food waste day and it stinks to the high heavens because of the heat. I don’t think we value the folks who do this type of work enough, for a while during the pandemic the press etc began to see the value of roles but things have slipped back to previous attitudes 

I’m making dosa as it’s warm enough to be a good fermentation going so that’s tomorrows dinner sorted. I’ll make a nice veggie filling to go with them tomorrow.

Hope you all have a nice day.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Our Teddy sends his best wishes, glad to hear there’s been some improvement. 

Also glad you’re sticking around as a lot of us have enjoyed your virtual support and not least your company on here over the last few years. 

I think it’s safe to say that “new” P&O isn’t going to be for everyone but that doesn’t mean we no longer listen to anyone who is unlikely to sail with them anymore. We still have experiences to share & I personally enjoy hearing all the different viewpoints regardless of whether the subject is P&O, another cruise line or air fryers!

Best regards (especially to Teddy).

24F57B2A-0822-4DC7-A076-949AB56E7E76.jpeg

Ah thanks Damian. What a lovely message - and a gorgeous picture of your Teddy. Very kind. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Thanks 1

Eglesbrech - just for a change it is grey and breezy and almost cold here on the eastern side!   Similar yesterday, sun coming out well after lunch.  It is also lovely in the Lake District this morning.  This makes a change from the usual, of dry and warmer weather this side of the Pennines - and I don't like it.

I am tempted to put the heating on.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good morning all. Cowering in the shade indoors here with the windows open and blinds closed. It’s 23 degrees here already.

I have left out the cool box with bottles of cold water, cola etc next to the bins for the refuse collectors.  I only do it when it’s really hot but they know they can at least get a cold drink to rehydrate. Not a pleasant job in this sunshine as it’s food waste day and it stinks to the high heavens because of the heat. I don’t think we value the folks who do this type of work enough, for a while during the pandemic the press etc began to see the value of roles but things have slipped back to previous attitudes 

I’m making dosa as it’s warm enough to be a good fermentation going so that’s tomorrows dinner sorted. I’ll make a nice veggie filling to go with them tomorrow.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Goodness, that hot for where you are! Still cloudy and 14C round here. Wife currently researching dosa - they sound good, and healthy too.

What a great idea for the refuse collectors.  They must love you for that!  We keep ice creams in the kitchen freezer to pass out to ours, and to the postman, on hot days.  And the occasional Amazon driver, though they often prefer a bottle of water.  We rely very heavily on deliveries and they don’t get a lot of thanks for what they do. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Eglesbrech - just for a change it is grey and breezy and almost cold here on the eastern side!   Similar yesterday, sun coming out well after lunch.  It is also lovely in the Lake District this morning.  This makes a change from the usual, of dry and warmer weather this side of the Pennines - and I don't like it.

I am tempted to put the heating on.

That is unusual as is the good weather here! I’ll enjoy it while it last as it will probably be back to your side soon.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Goodness, that hot for where you are! Still cloudy and 14C round here. Wife currently researching dosa - they sound good, and healthy too.

What a great idea for the refuse collectors.  They must love you for that!  We keep ice creams in the kitchen freezer to pass out to ours, and to the postman, on hot days.  And the occasional Amazon driver, though they often prefer a bottle of water.  We rely very heavily on deliveries and they don’t get a lot of thanks for what they do. 

The BBC recipe for dosa is nice and easy. They take a couple of days to make. I soaked mine last night then blended it today, currently out on a table in the garden to get the heat to ferment. Fermented foods are great for the gut.

I may even make some more souerkraut today as well. We eat it a lot. Got a great jar from Lakeland which lets the gas out, you still have to burp it every day but at least it won’t explode!

Given that it’s cold up here much of the time we don’t have too many days when cold water is required, now a hot cup of tea….

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Gosh, I hope you have insurance as it gets very expensive (£55 for a consultation here). 

I do Gill - thank goodness. Roughly the same here for a consultation; and that's just the walking through the door bit. I've never come out with less than a £120 spend - on a good day - and I fully expect this current illness to come in at quite a bit more - because he's worth it! Jane xx

• Like 5

Today we are staying around Brithdir before heading down the road into Dolgellau this evening for tapas. We’ve had a good walk in the countryside this morning but someone disgraced himself by deciding to have a roll in some sheep droppings. (There’s a photo below just in case any of you are wondering whether it was me or TeddyG).

ECC5FC67-5B30-4360-ACB5-5256C2767431.jpeg

96CD7363-1B4F-4BDF-9CC9-C073E6144099.jpeg

E6BA1954-2D74-4BDE-9B6F-EE796F552AE2.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The BBC recipe for dosa is nice and easy. They take a couple of days to make. I soaked mine last night then blended it today, currently out on a table in the garden to get the heat to ferment. Fermented foods are great for the gut.

I may even make some more souerkraut today as well. We eat it a lot. Got a great jar from Lakeland which lets the gas out, you still have to burp it every day but at least it won’t explode!

Thanks - passed that on.  She's heavily into gut microbiomes + Tim Spector.  Those jars are good, as is the sauerkraut.  

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

We try offering water etc but they often refuse because they have nowhere to use the loo. Not a problem I would like to have!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Gosh, I hope you have insurance as it gets very expensive (£55 for a consultation here). 

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I do Gill - thank goodness. Roughly the same here for a consultation; and that's just the walking through the door bit. I've never come out with less than a £120 spend - on a good day - and I fully expect this current illness to come in at quite a bit more - because he's worth it! Jane xx

That's the problem dogs will eat almost anything ,cushions, rugs and other strange things .

When I had a dog I took mine to the Vet  because he ate some Scrabble tiles.

He was kept in overnight .

The Vet took an x-ray and said that his next bowel movement could spell disaster.😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Funny old world. The cost of pasty crisis has hit Surrey. We popped into Greg's for a sandwich. Nothing on the shelves with a note that you have toask for your favourite selection. DW asked the very nice Chinese Lady why...Shlop riffters.🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks - passed that on.  She's heavily into gut microbiomes + Tim Spector.  Those jars are good, as is the sauerkraut.  

Had never heard of Tim Spector, just looked him up.

I have a recipe book full of fermented food and use a lot of live yoghurt, miso etc. I’m pretty healthy (if overweight).

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Funny old world. The cost of pasty crisis has hit Surrey. We popped into Greg's for a sandwich. Nothing on the shelves with a note that you have toask for your favourite selection. DW asked the very nice Chinese Lady why...Shlop riffters.🤣

Seriously?