P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well it’s sunny here yet again today, must be a record.

This warm weather has been putting me off my food. I always think that I might be thin if I lived in a hot country but as it is I live in a mainly cold one so I am more rounded, need the slight padding for the cold.

I don’t think I will even have dinner tonight, I have a cheese delivery today so may just have a cheese board and of course that means that a decent bottle of wine is also required.

Have a good weekend all.

ps can anyone living in the Liverpool area recommend a good hotel with decent food and car parking please. There seem to be lots of hotels but the restaurant menus don’t look the best, nachos, burgers etc which are not my thing.

• Like 2

There are some great restaurants in Liverpool, a decent hotel near one would be your best bet.  My son has eaten out in Liverpool recently, a few times, and is a 'foodie', though not necessarily a big spender.  I could ask him for some names to give you - he and his friends particularly like Indian, but also others.

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday

Just to let you know that the Tedster is much better now. I have attached an 'after' photo which, in fairness, doesn't look dissimilar to the 'before' photo but he's having a lie-in after his ordeal this week. The vet bill was actually less than I'd anticipated so I won't be starting a new thread after all.

I wish you all a happy and sunny weekend. Best wishes always. Jane xxx20230602_091706.thumb.jpg.cdcdd6bb8554dbcfb4d0c3c7a06ac31c.jpg

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just to let you know that the Tedster is much better now. I have attached an 'after' photo which, in fairness, doesn't look dissimilar to the 'before' photo but he's having a lie-in after his ordeal this week. The vet bill was actually less than I'd anticipated so I won't be starting a new thread after all.

I wish you all a happy and sunny weekend. Best wishes always. Jane xxx20230602_091706.thumb.jpg.cdcdd6bb8554dbcfb4d0c3c7a06ac31c.jpg

Glad the patient is on the mend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good to hear he is getting better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lincslady said:

There are some great restaurants in Liverpool, a decent hotel near one would be your best bet.  My son has eaten out in Liverpool recently, a few times, and is a 'foodie', though not necessarily a big spender.  I could ask him for some names to give you - he and his friends particularly like Indian, but also others.

Thanks that would be great.

I’m not keen on going out in cities I don’t know at night hence looking for a hotel with a good restaurant. If however I get a food recommendation I can find a hotel close by.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Great to hear Ted is much better. Has he learnt his lesson I wonder? 😄💩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Doubt it us humans and dogs are the same when it comes to consuming things ,

only in our case when we were young and daft ,it went something like this ...

Work  ... Pay Day ...  Pub ...  Next morning  ,Dog Ruff .

Did we ever learn ?  Nope we would do it again in the hope we could work out 

what went wrong 🙃

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank goodness, that's great news! We also have multiple names for our Teddy - Tedster (just like you), TeddyG, Ted Ted....

Our Teddy was so tired and subdued when we got home from Wales yesterday (3.5 hour drive for 140 miles) but he is back on form today.

IMG_3017.jpg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I'm pleased Teddy is a lot better Jane.

I hope you and all of our friends on here have a wonderful weekend.

Graham xx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

This warm weather has been putting me off my food. I always think that I might be thin if I lived in a hot country but as it is I live in a mainly cold one so I am more rounded, need the slight padding for the cold.

I don’t think I will even have dinner tonight, I have a cheese delivery today so may just have a cheese board and of course that means that a decent bottle of wine is also required.

Have a good weekend all.

ps can anyone living in the Liverpool area recommend a good hotel with decent food and car parking please. There seem to be lots of hotels but the restaurant menus don’t look the best, nachos, burgers etc which are not my thing.

The city centre is just behind the Hilton hotel including the nearby Cavern Club.

Albert Dock has a Premier Inn attached and several restaurants and shops and a good tourist attraction.

The Beatles story museum entrance is 10 yards from the Premier Inn entrance.

Across the road about 30 yards from the Premier Inn there is several Pay as you go parking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Of course not Gill! He'll still be diving into the unspeakable as soon as he can. Jane xxx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased Teddy is a lot better Jane.

I hope you and all of our friends on here have a wonderful weekend.

Graham xx

Thanks Graham, and the same back to you and Pauline. Jane xxx

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Thank goodness, that's great news! We also have multiple names for our Teddy - Tedster (just like you), TeddyG, Ted Ted....

Our Teddy was so tired and subdued when we got home from Wales yesterday (3.5 hour drive for 140 miles) but he is back on form today.

IMG_3017.jpg

Yep me too Damian. He gets called by so many names - little git being one when he's being a ....well, little git. I still can't get over how alike our Teds are. Have a great weekend. Jane xxx

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Have a good weekend all.

If you don't mind being slightly out of Liverpool I can suggest Moor Hall in Aughton near Ormskirk. Quite pricey but 2 Michelin stars for the restaurant and, I think, 1 Michelin star for the less formal restaurant. It's about a 20-25 minute drive to Liverpool or a direct train from Town Green station.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

If you don't mind being slightly out of Liverpool I can suggest Moor Hall in Aughton near Ormskirk. Quite pricey but 2 Michelin stars for the restaurant and, I think, 1 Michelin star for the less formal restaurant. It's about a 20-25 minute drive to Liverpool or a direct train from Town Green station.

I’ve just had a look and that is exactly what I am after for the night before a cruise from Liverpool, unfortunately it’s fully booked the evening I need. We would stay and eat.

I have however kept a note of the website as we may well be going from Liverpool again relatively soon and I would know to book in advance.

Thanks so much for the recommendation.

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’ve just had a look and that is exactly what I am after for the night before a cruise from Liverpool, unfortunately it’s fully booked the evening I need. We would stay and eat.

I have however kept a note of the website as we may well be going from Liverpool again relatively soon and I would know to book in advance.

Thanks so much for the recommendation.

Absolutely my pleasure. I live not far from there and we've got another good restaurant called Solo and a lovely wine bar called Arthurs right by the train station.

• Thanks 1

Just googled the menu.After my Mrs revived me with CPR,I thought 115 quid for 1 course lunch and 45 quid for a posh pot of tea is out of my reach.Don't even include chips.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My son has been to Moor Hall a couple of times, and felt it was  a bit hit and miss, sometimes excellent service, other times abysmal, and it is of course extremely expensive, which is fine if everything is wonderful.  They would not go again - and although they are foodies they are very easy to please and deal with on a personal level.

24 minutes ago, lincslady said:

My son has been to Moor Hall a couple of times, and felt it was  a bit hit and miss, sometimes excellent service, other times abysmal, and it is of course extremely expensive, which is fine if everything is wonderful.  They would not go again - and although they are foodies they are very easy to please and deal with on a personal level.

Thanks. I’ll be interested to hear their recommendations as fellow “foodies”

Well we had to come home... finished the unpacking now. Will be writing a long review and have taken photos for you Sarah re the aft cabin views etc.

As it was we had F728 Graham so we did  think of you!

Have had a lovely time but now done in and need to diet !!!

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I did say it was pricey! 😂

No worries,I guess I know my place.If I was on the Titanic I'd be sharing a bunk in the basement with Leonardo.😊

• Haha 8