P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The morning started well but is going downhill.  I dropped my niece's children of at school but the daughter had forgotten her keys to get back in this afternoon so I had to detour back to their house to get them from her dad before he goes to see my niece in hospital.  Dad then told me that they haven't told the children yet but she is terminal and will be on morphine now until the end.  They have an appointment with her oncologist this morning to see whether or not they are prepared to let her come home.  I am going round to see my sister now because I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that both her husband and daughter are both terminal.

Oh Josy, I'm so sorry to read this. I just don't know what to say, there are no words. Only know that you and your family are in my thoughts, and that you will always have the support of your friends on here as and when you need us. 

Stay strong and take care. xx

Avril

• Like 12

Thoughts of the day from me.

What compassionate, caring bunch of people we have on here 🫠

How much I miss my keyboard &mouse laptop,not a fan of mobiles.

Most importantly of all,the hugs & kisses of my wife but they will return soon.

In Josys post those poor kids will soon lose some of their's. 

So folks give your loved ones a hug even if it's the dog but please don't try it on the goldfish! 

If you have no one then here a big hug from your CC family 💗 

Take care everyone ❤️ 🙂

• Like 25

The morning started well but is going downhill.  I dropped my niece's children of at school but the daughter had forgotten her keys to get back in this afternoon so I had to detour back to their house to get them from her dad before he goes to see my niece in hospital.  Dad then told me that they haven't told the children yet but she is terminal and will be on morphine now until the end.  They have an appointment with her oncologist this morning to see whether or not they are prepared to let her come home.  I am going round to see my sister now because I can't imagine how she is feeling knowing that both her husband and daughter are both terminal.

Oh my goodness, that's awful, I'm so sorry for you all!

• Like 2

That's so so sad to read

My thoughts are with all of you

Stay strong for your sister!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thoughts of the day from me.

What compassionate, caring bunch of people we have on here 🫠

How much I miss my keyboard &mouse laptop,not a fan of mobiles.

Most importantly of all,the hugs & kisses of my wife but they will return soon.

In Josys post those poor kids will soon lose some of their's. 

So folks give your loved ones a hug even if it's the dog but please don't try it on the goldfish! 

If you have no one then here a big hug from your CC family 💗 

Take care everyone ❤️ 🙂

I've thought this for a while kalos and, after reading the sad news today I feel as if I need to say it.

Kalos, you are one remarkable fella'.

Since this thread began in 2020 you have been a source of comfort and support to us all. No matter your own problems, personal or health, you always have the time to consider others. Today is the proof. Thank you kalos. ❤️xx

Can't have you missing out on hugs now can we?🤗🤗

Please take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Avril 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear this news Josy, life can be so unfair at times

Michelle

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this it's so desperately sad for all.  I hope that you can all at the very least spend some quality time together when she comes home.  Sending prayers and best wishes to you all.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Josy.

Prayers 🙏 for all of you.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've thought this for a while kalos and, after reading the sad news today I feel as if I need to say it.

Kalos, you are one remarkable fella'.

Since this thread began in 2020 you have been a source of comfort and support to us all. No matter your own problems, personal or health, you always have the time to consider others. Today is the proof. Thank you kalos. ❤️xx

Can't have you missing out on hugs now can we?🤗🤗

Please take care and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Avril 

I absolutely agree Avril.

Kalos is a gem.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear your sad new, thinking of all your family. After reading this I thought I must stop moaning about my ear which is driving me crazy at the

moment.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry to hear your news, Life can certainly be a bu***r sometimes

• Like 3

Had a telephone conversation with a cov-Lurgist and she was very pleased with my progress, providing no relapses of course.

I helped  her as I own an oxymeter,which giving her my readings was very helpful. 

So glad I bought one.

Onwards and upwards I hope. 

• Like 20

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Had a telephone conversation with a cov-Lurgist and she was very pleased with my progress, providing no relapses of course.

I helped  her as I own an oxymeter,which giving her my readings was very helpful. 

So glad I bought one.

I'm glad they are taking care of you 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

So glad I bought one.

Glad to hear you are doing well Kalos. They did the same for me last year, I was put on a “virtual ward” at the hospital, I had to submit my oxygen level readings via an app every three hours and a Dr rang me every day. They would have admitted me if my levels fell below 94%, fortunately it didn’t but excellent service. 

Michelle

• Like 9

That's  strange Kalos, I've just spoken to the paramedic/lurgist (love that) and he is sending over more anti-biotics etc,  they worry about our tickers when we get  something else don't they.  I have also done the same as you and given them oxymeter readings.  Bit low at 90/91 but going up a bit now.   It is a bit reassuring to take our own stats sometimes, isn't it.

I was feeling a bit sorry for meself having pain when standing , bronchitis,   then topped with cov.. on top, but Josy has put it all into perspective.

Sad news indeed  Stay strong.  BUT most of all... stay on here when you can xx

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 12