P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Not a bad old day here at least it is dry so we can get out and about. I noticed yesterday that our tete a tete's are pushing through and the Hydrangea and Magnolia are full of buds, which no doubt the frost will get at some stage as usual.

Have a great cruise @bobstheboy and best wishes for Frank @Adawn47 and anyone else feeling under the weather or with dicky gnashers.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. Best wishes to those of you not in the best of health.

Cold but not icy so my drive to Manchester Airport should be okay. Staying at the Radisson overnight then a 0600 flight to Tenerife to join the Azura for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to some warm weather, it seems a long time since our summer ended. Always disliked our winters but count ourselves fortunate we can escape, we have a trip to Paphos booked in April to also look forward to.

Have a great overnight at our favourite pre flight hotel. We'll be there this time next week. 

We are off to Pafos the first 2 weeks of May for their Easter and then back again in September. Retirement is a hard life ... 

Where do you stay in Cyprus?

• Like 3

While we were out for lunch we decided that we needed to book another cruise because the ones we had already booked were 8 months apart.  So on the way home we detoured and went into the TA and booked another on Sky Princess. 

• Like 11

Weather here in Scotland just the usual Cold Damp Miserable but 'm Happy found out one of the other Airlines are now doing flights between Glasgow - Southampton at decent price and arrive at decent time so No driving with overnight stay for me this year. 😁😁😁

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have a great overnight at our favourite pre flight hotel. We'll be there this time next week. 

We are off to Pafos the first 2 weeks of May for their Easter and then back again in September. Retirement is a hard life ... 

Where do you stay in Cyprus?

Olympic Lagoon, used to Amathus Beach. Haven't stayed there before, gets very good reviews, 5* AI with speciality restaurants included. Settled in Radisson, 0300 call, yuks, dinner booked and Spurs on tv !

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Olympic Lagoon, used to Amathus Beach. Haven't stayed there before, gets very good reviews, 5* AI with speciality restaurants included. Settled in Radisson, 0300 call, yuks, dinner booked and Spurs on tv !

We know it as the Amathus Beach. Always looked lovely from the outside with a great position by the sea and not too far out of town for a nice walk in. Its lovely.

We usually stay with the Constantinous Bros Hotels - the Asimina (used to be called the Paphian Bay) which is now outside our budget sadly and the Pioneer Beach which is fab and has a great beach area. A bit further out than you but a good one 🙂

• Like 1

Good evening.

Quick update . After Frank's endoscopy it appears he also has a hiatus hernia which were told is common, nothing to worry about and treated with meds, so thats one out of the way. Now just to see about treatment for his heart and hb levels🤞

Blimey, that man of mine won't do anything by half. His first time in hospital and he's making sure he gets his money's worth😊

@lincslady I hope your feeling well today and your treatment begins soon.

Take care everyone and have a good evening.x

Avril

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Blimey, that man of mine won't do anything by half. His first time in hospital and he's making sure he gets his money's worth😊

Sounds like he may need his meds in a "sure med weekly pill pack" when he gets home.

I went from taking zero meds per day to nine, I would have been lost without it ,sorting 

out morning-mid day-tea time and bed time for me .

Our chemist pre packs them so we don't have to.

Glad to read Franks getting sorted -Onwards and upwards Avril 😊.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

What's yuks Bob,the dinner or Spurs😉.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It's good that they know what his problems are so they can work out the best way to treat him.  He has paid enough into the system in the past so he is entitled to get his money's worth on this occasion.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Sounds like he may need his meds in a "sure med weekly pill pack" when he gets home

Kalos I have googled everything I can think of re Sure Med packs and have found the makers/distributors, but can't find anything about chemists who provide this service.  Even giving my post code didn't help.

Any ideas?  My meds are increasing and getting a bit complicated.  I would even pay a small charge.

Goodnight x

• Thanks 1

I got an email from CC advertising cruise deals from £43 per night.I click on "see deals" and every one says no prices currently available for this cruise.This has happened a few times,what's all that about,lol.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Kalos I have googled everything I can think of re Sure Med packs and have found the makers/distributors, but can't find anything about chemists who provide this service.  Even giving my post code didn't help.

Any ideas?  My meds are increasing and getting a bit complicated.  I would even pay a small charge.

Goodnight x

Just asked in one of my local chemists and they said they did them but at a charge

which was worth it to me .

These are the packs below , maybe your chemist will do them if you use their delivery service ?

Hope this helps .🙂20240106_085409.thumb.jpg.630ca6b46f4c5c1c58d19f154a1b5421.jpg20240106_085429.thumb.jpg.fc3391afade76330c05d7ba87d7f3c45.jpg20240106_085446.thumb.jpg.204817dd69f3e0bb493a89e28195711b.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning.

It is 2°C but sunny here at the moment.

Most pharmacies sell different types of pill boxes and will give good advice.

Best wishes Avril @Adawn47 for Frank's recovery.

I hope everyone is safe and well and we all have a good day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A late breakfast this morning after a very late night yesterday celebrating the 12th Day of Christmas.

We traditionally celebrate the 12 days of Christmas (The Old Christmastide) with the add-ons of Christmas Eve and Epiphany... the traditional day that the Three Kings/Wise Men reached Bethlehem with their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

Christmas Eve is always a very quite reflective candle-lit non-Christmassy meal for two... often after having put up the tree and decorations. Epiphany is always a Middle Eastern meal just prior to taking the tree down and is usually inspired by our independent travels in Lebanon and Syria (try doing that these days!)

But the 12th Day of Christmas is for fun, frolics, laughter and cake! So last night it was to Kew Gardens... and we substituted sound, light, music and toasted marshmallows! At least we can share a video snippet.

Let's hope that this is a better year for all.

• Like 13

I have been to Slimming World this morning and despite having over indulged for the last week I have somehow managed to lose 2lbs which means that I and now 2.5lbs under my target weight so I have to be careful to not lose anymore before next Saturday.  My friend who I go with also managed to lose weight despite going to Madeira for 5 days.  She said that the afternoon tea at Reids Hotel is obviously special if it can help you to lose weight.  I will be testing this theory out later in the year.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Another “what have I done” post.   Yesterday I put on my big girl pants and booked 14 days on Arvia solo!   Am I crazy 🤪 

Good for you - an independent spirit! Not crazy at all 👍

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

3c and was sunny here but since sunrise the fog has developed.

Nothing much planned for today apart from watching some fa cup matches and following the scores on tv this afternoon as they develop.

My husband and son are going to watch the Gillingham vs Sheffield United match this afternoon so I’m looking forward to a quiet afternoon until they come back to watch the highlights to see if they can see themselves on tv 🥴😂

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good evening.

Quick update . After Frank's endoscopy it appears he also has a hiatus hernia which were told is common, nothing to worry about and treated with meds, so thats one out of the way. Now just to see about treatment for his heart and hb levels🤞

@lincslady I hope your feeling well today and your treatment begins soon.

Take care everyone and have a good evening.x

Avril

Things are sounding a bit more positive Avril. Let's pray the good news continues.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

I got an email from CC advertising cruise deals from £43 per night.I click on "see deals" and every one says no prices currently available for this cruise.This has happened a few times,what's all that about,lol.

Missing cruises, missing posts, missing posters. The mystery remains a ...mystery.🤔

• Haha 3