P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

A very good result from today's procedure and Frank is back home where he belongs. After 15 days of worry he has had his bp tablets and his statin removed, and 1 added. Believe it or not, an iron tablet. He had another echo scan and they have decided against the need for a heart tablet, however regular gentle exercise which is no problem as he's always active,  a  low salt diet, moderate fluids, an echo scan in 6 months and yearly after that. We cannot believe how close we came to losing him and to come home with only an iron tablet.

Avril xx

I want to thank all the wonderful people who have sent me best wishes and prayers via Av. She has read me every one and I am overwhelmed by the kindness, help and advice from people we have never met. I am grateful for all the support you gave Av because I know it kept her going when things got a bit 'hairy' 

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Great news for you both. Even though we have never met, I feel so pleased and relieved for you both.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Things haven't gone to plan this week. I ordered some zips which have arrived but the colours aren't suitable, so was going to take a trip up to Truro to get the ones I need, but had problems with the car.  Plus I been battling with  the hospital to get my MRI results. I have spent a good portion of today trying to find get answers and am not much further forward. Rang several times this morning and left a message,  got a phone call from the doctor, who can't answer my questions regarding my travel insurance, but he did inform me that they would be looking at my scan on Monday and said he would ring me on Monday,🤞 if not for me to ring on Tuesday. We leave home to travel up the the airport on Thursday to join Azura on Friday. Things are not going well!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

A very good result from today's procedure and Frank is back home where he belongs. After 15 days of worry he has had his bp tablets and his statin removed, and 1 added. Believe it or not, an iron tablet. He had another echo scan and they have decided against the need for a heart tablet, however regular gentle exercise which is no problem as he's always active,  a  low salt diet, moderate fluids, an echo scan in 6 months and yearly after that. We cannot believe how close we came to losing him and to come home with only an iron tablet.

Avril xx

I want to thank all the wonderful people who have sent me best wishes and prayers via Av. She has read me every one and I am overwhelmed by the kindness, help and advice from people we have never met. I am grateful for all the support you gave Av because I know it kept her going when things got a bit 'hairy' 

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Fantastic news Avril and Frank.

I'm really pleased to hear Frank's procedure went well today and you are home together now.

Best wishes to you both.

Graham and Pauline xx.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Fantastic. Enjoy your weekend.

I feel I should amend that to enjoy your life. As I know at the moment it will feel as if you have been given a new one

Edited by happy v
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Such good news. Glad Frank is back home recovering and that Avril will not have to travel in the awful cold weather next week. Look after each other and rest. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

That's very good news for you Avril and Frank, and I can almost feel the relief you must be feeling from the tenor of your post. My best wishes to you both, and wishing Frank a speedy return to the best of health.

John.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

wonder if we’ll be onboard Iona 24 hours from now?  I still can’t really believe it.  Have a strange “Meh” feeling, but I’m hoping that’s only because it’s been so long and we spent so long thinking that we would never be able to cruise again

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and lovely sunshine all the way .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Looking good up here at Manchester Airport tonight. Finally starting to think it is all real !  Always stay at the Radisson as a treat the day before. 😀

20240112_171138.jpg

Presto have a great time in the Caribbean and start to enjoy your retirement, safe travels.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Morning Avril and Frank

What fabulous news. Sending you both our very best wishes Us Prestos xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Yay!

What great news to hear.  I’m so pleased for you both

Have a lovely peaceful weekend together.  Just relax and enjoy each other’s company, your house & the family.

Nice to hear from you Frank.  No more dramas now! You’ve hogged the limelight enough 😏

Well, here we are.  Cruise day.  I took ages to get to sleep but finally made it and didn’t have any nightmares about being left behind or caught in a monster Southampton traffic jam

Have a lovely day everyone

• Like 18

9 hours ago, purplesea said:

got a phone call from the doctor, who can't answer my questions regarding my travel insurance, but he did inform me that they would be looking at my scan on Monday and said he would ring me on Monday,🤞 if not for me to ring on Tuesday. We leave home to travel up the the airport on Thursday to join Azura on Friday. Things are not going well!

What a horrible situation to be in hope they pull their finger out and sort you ASAP and 

then you can travel and relax on the Azura .

Morning everyone , 2.c  here , Hope you all have a great day whatever you do .🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning too .

It’s 0 here and partly cloudy at the morning.

Were going to Lymington this morning trying to find a rain coat in the sales  for our upcoming Alaska cruise , the seagulls are screeching outside and he’s still asleep 😴 so I’m catching up on here .

Purplesea I hope that you get your answer on Monday and early in the day , nothing worse sat waiting all day for a phone call.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We have arrived in Cape Town

What a place!!

We have tickets for sale sharks playing the cape town team at rugby tonight. The 5 star Radisson Blu hotel has a brunch with premium drinks and cocktails included 1pm to 4pm every Saturday. Take a look at the link. 

It only costs 38 pounds each per person!!!
Lol  with premium drinks and cocktails included

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe6etEVv/

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Purplesea I hope that you get your answer on Monday and early in the day , nothing worse sat waiting all day for a phone call.

Thank you. Have arranged to meet a friend for coffee Monday morning, who I haven't seen for a while, so will get phone calls diverted to my moblie.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 5

A dull, grey day here at 4c but feels a lot colder. At least it's dry and not windy.

Taking a trip up to Truro this morning, and it will be the scenic route as the A30 is closed all weekend. Hopefully I can then get on and finish the dress I'm making and I intend to make a start on the packing for next week. Wish me luck!

Have a good weekend everyone, whatever you have planned.

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Fantastic news! 🎉 How lovely to hear from Frank too 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

Great news sis,not much I can add to everyone else's comments,just good luck with the new healthy regime,bro.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A very good evening😊

Avril xx

You're a great bunch.

Frank

So pleased for you both, your love is obvious. I know you will be taking care of each other.  You deserve a nice period of relaxation. So, so relieved.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We have arrived in Cape Town

What a place!!

We have tickets for sale sharks playing the cape town team at rugby tonight. The 5 star Radisson Blu hotel has a brunch with premium drinks and cocktails included 1pm to 4pm every Saturday. Take a look at the link. 

It only costs 38 pounds each per person!!!
Lol  with premium drinks and cocktails included

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe6etEVv/

Great deal.We found Cape town good value when on a cruisetour a few years back.That reminds of when we were "stuck" in our hotel in Krakow on Easter Sunday when everywhere was closed.Very similar deal for 4 hrs,don't remember a lot about it,lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Great news sis,not much I can add to everyone else's comments,just good luck with the new healthy regime,bro.

Hey sis,just googled that Octopus has loads of benefits for ones heart,bro😉