P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Those gowns are a nightmare, aren't they.  Not only showing your behind, even if wide enough, but some of them really short as well.  I sometimes wonder if they are like that on purpose, to make us quiet and uncomplaining.

The last time I was asked to wear a gown at the hospital they gave me 2, 1 to wear with openning at the back and the other with the openning  at the front.  I think that this is a practice that should be in place where ever you have to use one because I  am always worried about whatever they are going to do me so I can do without the extra worry of showing off parts of my body that I like to keep covered.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

@Eglesbrech. PS. The reason I do this is that as I've aged (badly), I've got very pale and having previously over-plucked my eyebrows when it was fashionable I had no frame to my face and this procedure works perfectly. Yes do ask your sister if she's come across it - I'll be interested to know. Jane xx

We don’t age badly, we simply evolve like a butterfly. Every wrinkle is earned and probably the result of smiles and laughter.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I am leaving the insomniacs group today, this is what my fitbit is telling me I slept last night.  I can't  remember when I last had this much sleep.  I must have been exhausted after the bowling match.

Screenshot_20240503-1108202.jpg.2ebfb719aa0e10e1040a1d6f788bc72e.jpg

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, Beckett said:

No Eglesbrech, it's a bit more brutal than that if you're a bit squeamish. You decide on a shape and colour with the therapist -  as near to your naturals as possible. You then get smothered in freeze-cream for 20 minutes or so. When you're frozen you lie on the couch and the therapist cuts into your brows with a machine- operated scalpel and follows the shape you've agreed on.  She then puts the dye into the cut bits and you come out looking like you've got perfect eyebrows! It can be a little bit painful when the first cut goes in but overall it's quite relaxing.  Jane xx

So it is like tattooed eyebrows? Sounds very painful. I think I will pass😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, happy v said:

So it is like tattooed eyebrows? Sounds very painful. I think I will pass😉

Yes Happy V - very much like tattooed brows but not a block colour like a tattoo. The blades cut little strips into the skin so the finished effect looks like natural eyebrows but they're permanent. Have look online because I don't think I'm describing this very well! It's worth doing - honestly. Jane xx

• Like 5

I have completely changed my mind about Queen Anne!

I said I was disappointed the other night when I saw the photos, but now I've seen some lighter, brighter views, and the inside, I'm a bit sold. I may try for an Aug '25 cruise when I have a big birthday. Sorry to sound a bit negative previously - I must have been in a negative mood - not now!

Have a great weekend everyone. Be well. Jane xx 

• Like 8

Dullish here with rain forecast, it is quite warm.

On the eyebrow theme; Mrs YP asked me where the best place to get her eyebrows tattooed was. In typical Yorkshire fashion I replied " just above your eyes" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

@Eglesbrech. PS. The reason I do this is that as I've aged (badly), I've got very pale and having previously over-plucked my eyebrows when it was fashionable I had no frame to my face and this procedure works perfectly. Yes do ask your sister if she's come across it - I'll be interested to know. Jane xx

I have been thinking about having mine done for a while now. As I have got older my eyebrows have become more sparse and patchy, I pencil them in every day. My daughter has been having hers done for years and they always look nice

Michelle

• Like 5

Sounds all alien to me this eyebrow malarkey .

If you go to one of those shops that do eyebrows and you get asked

"Can I help you ? " 

If your not buying do you reply ..No thanks I'm just browsing 🙃

They sound popular though and if they are short on appointments

they could always offer to pencil you in at a later date .🙃

I still flinch and get flashbacks to when Mrs K  says ..

"Come here ,stay still , you've  got a long hair on your eyebrow "

When she's pulled it , what I reply is not suitable for this forum 

and unlike Jane I do not find it to be relaxing 😬

Hope your all having a good day 🙂

• Haha 15

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sounds all alien to me this eyebrow malarkey .

If you go to one of those shops that do eyebrows and you get asked

"Can I help you ? " 

If your not buying do you reply ..No thanks I'm just browsing 🙃

They sound popular though and if they are short on appointments

they could always offer to pencil you in at a later date .🙃

I still flinch and get flashbacks to when Mrs K  says ..

"Come here ,stay still , you've  got a long hair on your eyebrow "

When she's pulled it , what I reply is not suitable for this forum 

and unlike Jane I do not find it to be relaxing 😬

Hope your all having a good day 🙂

You've never fancied a back,sack and crack then Kalos.All the rage with Essex boys.Luckily, I'm too smooth to need one.

• Haha 20

Posted (edited)

I have my eyebrows shaped and dyed. It doesn't hurt but my back does when I get up after laying flat out on the settee.  Slightly embarrassing too.

The lady comes to my house.  She does gel nails, eyes, and hair  in some sort of rotation.   I can never remember when she is due to do what.  I just go along with it.

When she is finished OH always comes out with "Who is this vision" and I always reply "It's only meeeee"🤣

Edited by indiana123
I forgot about the eyelash dye as well.
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You've never fancied a back,sack and crack then Kalos.All the rage with Essex boys.Luckily, I'm too smooth to need one.

To be honest Brian ,I had to google it as It sounded like something big Brenda 

used to get up to at the back of a dodgy pub .

Thankfully I did not need her services either ,so I will pass on that one thanks .🙂

• Haha 9

It's a little damp here today, bright but drizzley, and it feels a lttle cold too, even if it is 13c.

All this talk about eyebrow blading is making my eyes water😭 I've never been bothered about all the beauty faff, even when a teenager. I did, and still do my own manicures, hair and eyebrows, even though my brows are sparse now. I have my hair cut every 3 weeks and use moisturiser daily, that's it. Mum had a lovely wrinkle free skin and thick hair even in her 80's and I'm lucky enough to be following suit.

She was also short and chubby, and I've got that too😁

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone whether on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 15

Very cold and miserable here at the home of racing. Took nearly 6 hours yesterday in torrential rain and today it continued.  Who in their wit and wisdom decided to dig up the M25 near St Albans for two junctions in the run up to a bank holiday and to proudly announce it's until Summer 2025!  All very depressing. 

For the first time in 50 years my packing for this weekend's racing consists of three winter weight woollies, two pair of boots, my Austrian winter hat and a heavy raincoat. Certainly no hope of glamour this year!  On a more positive note the hotel has switched the heating on, Dutch Decoy is declared to run and the new super horse City of Troy has arrived from Ireland.  I just have to not freeze to death or get washed away before the big event!

• Like 9

A mixed day today rain this morning, the dry but overcast this afternoon and now it’s raining, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get the list of outdoor jobs done, two of which involve painting.

A poor nights sleep last night just about got  5 hours, early night tonight as I have to take someone to Birmingham airport at 5 am.

• Like 5

I'm envious of those of you with sparse brows, I'm constantly trying to tame mine. I have mine waxed but my skin is sensitive and I have red lines above and below my brows for 24 hours after each waxing 😏

My mum was in hospital this week having a spine decompression and disc removal op and dad stayed near the hospital which was over an hour away so I stayed at theirs and looked after their pampered cats. Having nothing to do for 3 days was very strange but I actually managed to  finish compiling a photo book of our Canaries Cruise last summer, just in time with only 4 weeks until our Norway cruise later this month ☺️

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I'm envious of those of you with sparse brows, I'm constantly trying to tame mine. I have mine waxed but my skin is sensitive and I have red lines above and below my brows for 24 hours after each waxing 😏

My mum was in hospital this week having a spine decompression and disc removal op and dad stayed near the hospital which was over an hour away so I stayed at theirs and looked after their pampered cats. Having nothing to do for 3 days was very strange but I actually managed to  finish compiling a photo book of our Canaries Cruise last summer, just in time with only 4 weeks until our Norway cruise later this month ☺️

I hope your mum is ok Sarah. I had a similar operation 20 years ago, I had nerve root compression and had a disc removed, I had cauda equina, it was quit scary at the time. I hope she makes a good recovery 

Michelle

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I hope your mum is ok Sarah. I had a similar operation 20 years ago, I had nerve root compression and had a disc removed, I had cauda equina, it was quit scary at the time. I hope she makes a good recovery 

Michelle

Thanks Michelle. Yes, I think that's what she's had done, very similar anyway. She was only supposed to be in hospital for one night but her blood pressure was very low after the op so the kept her in. She's in a lot of pain but it's early days. It my niece's hen do tomorrow so mum will miss that, hopefully she'll make it to the wedding next weekend! Did it take you long to recover from the op?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Wishing your Mum well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Firstly, I hope your mum is ok.  About 28 years ago I had three weeks traction  on my back and it was like a miracle but they don't do that anymore   It must have saved the NHS thousands as I needed no more back treatment until recently.

Have you tried threading for your eyebrows.  It's much less painful than waxing, but takes longer.  There is also less redness. I used to go to the booth at Hempstead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Foggy here in Dorset.

i see on another well known site that there is a lot of chatter about drink packages going up next week and that only 1litre of wine/champagne will be allowed on embarkation and no spirits.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Gill x

• Like 5

6 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Firstly, I hope your mum is ok.  About 28 years ago I had three weeks traction  on my back and it was like a miracle but they don't do that anymore   It must have saved the NHS thousands as I needed no more back treatment until recently.

Have you tried threading for your eyebrows.  It's much less painful than waxing, but takes longer.  There is also less redness. I used to go to the booth at Hempstead.

Thanks Indiana. Mum's in more pain than she expected. She had it done on the NHS but they sent her to a private hospital in Crowborough to have it done, so not cheap.

I get my eyebrows done at the stall at Hempstead Valley too. I used to have them threaded but it hurt so much I nearly swore at the lady. I find with the waxing it's less pain for less time 😂

• Like 1