P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

36 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Dear Friends

Well here we are again - in a state of alarm and angst and wondering if our cruises are going to happen or not. I was so sorry to read about the Cunarders whose cruise was cancelled at virtually no notice. I'm obviously being very careful what I'm writing because I don't want to be deleted.

I hope the weather has calmed for those of you who have really suffered with storms and snow.  I'm also thinking of you all without heat and light. Here where I live we have got away lightly. High winds yes, very cold temperatures also, but nothing beyond that. 

On lighter notes, Teddy is very happy to curl up by the radiator to keep cosy, and pretty well refuses to go out apart from doing the necessary, so very little venturing out for me this weekend. My dreaded shopping day with my daughter turned out much better than expected and we actually had a lovely day together. The Black Friday queues didn't exist, we got all our Christmas shopping done, and even had a leisurely relaxing brunch. It was so nice to spend a special day just the two of us.

Please be safe everyone. Look after yourselves and your loved ones. With best wishes to you all. Jane.x 

So pleased you had a lovely day with your daughter shopping Jane , because you weren’t looking forward to it and the shops not to busy with Black Friday deals .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning Jane,

So pleased to hear you had a lovely day out on Friday with your daughter and well done on getting all Christmas shopping done.

I am also lucky that Freddie is happy with the garden - we did venture out in the afternoon but I think the wind and the leaves must have sent him loopy as he was darting from side to side with great excitement and tail swishing. How he didn’t pull me over or upend me I do not know!

The news is depressing but I’m just so grateful I had my booster last weekend and once again thank everyone who is working so hard to keep us safe and well.

Gill x

Good morning Gill. Sounds like Teddy and Freddie are of like mind! I'm ashamed to say that Ted has actually forgotten he's a dog - he's turned into a proper little princess. But I love him. Glad you got your booster last weekend - we need all the help we can get now. Take care Gill and keep safe. Best wishes as always. Jane.xxx

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

So pleased you had a lovely day with your daughter shopping Jane , because you weren’t looking forward to it and the shops not to busy with Black Friday deals .

Thanks Sandra. Yes, it was unexpectedly enjoyable. I can remember the early days of Black Friday when the queues were horrendous and people were actually fighting over greatly reduced televisions etc. I suppose online shopping has seen off a lot of that hideous behaviour. In our case, most of the things we were looking for weren't in the sale anyway. Typical! Have a good day Sandra and be safe. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning all.  Beautifully clear and bright with no gales.  Hurrah!  We’ll wrap up and get out later this morning.  I think we might just do a small diversion half way to get some medicinal hot chocolates 🤣 Fortunately, or possibly unfortunately, our dog doesn’t mind the cold and is happy to wear a coat when it’s necessary.  She hates rain though, having cotton wool like fur, which isn’t waterproof

We’ll get more info on the latest situation from the health secretary on the Marr show at 9am, apparently.  I think I can curb my enthusiasm and wait for it to come online - I’ve never been keen on morning telly, even from the FranknBough/Selina Scott days

Joint of gammon in the slow cooker for our lunch today, which will be a change.  Lots of TV sport for the afternoon.  Enjoy your day everyone 

• Like 6

It is minus 2 and snowing here. Looks quite pretty but I’m glad I don’t have to go out today.

Fire on and we will do some Christmas wrapping after watching the service online, first Sunday in Advent.

Im also glad the wind has died down and the power is back (still some areas out I believe so hope you are all staying as warm as possible). Slept under 3 duvets on Friday night and wearing a hat in bed, very becoming! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It is minus 2 and snowing here. Looks quite pretty but I’m glad I don’t have to go out today.

Fire on and we will do some Christmas wrapping after watching the service online, first Sunday in Advent.

Im also glad the wind has died down and the power is back (still some areas out I believe so hope you are all staying as warm as possible). Slept under 3 duvets on Friday night and wearing a hat in bed, very becoming! 

Well I’m certainly glad we changed our minds and went up to Scotland on Tuesday and come home Thursday this week and not Thursday and come home Saturday only for travel wise though , would love to of had snow or just seeing it on the mountains , I guess we timed it good 

• Like 4

Morning everyone.

It's very calm down here after all the wind, but it is raining, although not torrential as we have had the last few days! 

Jane, I am glad to hear your shopping trip with your daughter went well and you had an enjoyable day.

I am way behind with my Christmas shopping and also have quite a few birthdays next month too🙄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thermals on, shortly venturing outside to clear up mess from the other night, not too much, just need to straighten bird feeder from its “Pisa style lean”, dismantle the mini greenhouse I use as a cold frame, which is currently lying on floor despite being attached to garage wall, wall plug pulled out by strength of wind.

Temperature currently 0C with wind chill -2C, with Sunday morning walkers going past house all wrapped up, guess it is cold out there.🥶

• Like 1

Well one step forward and one step back sums up today. LFT arrived changes to PCR.......mutter mutter.

Rain and wind gradually subsiding. BUT a plus I need some additional outside lights so off round to Mr W as he asked me to pop round when I rang to tell him. Did that, he lives 4 doors away, he says "fence down then?", no getting anything past him!. I say yes going to have a wall thats all been previously approved but goodness knows when that will happen. Apparently it could be today.

To the rear of me a chap has been doing his own extension all the time I have been here and very nice it looks. He has apparently run out of money for it at present as he has obviously not been doing much paid building during Covid. As always here everyone seems related to everyone else if they are true locals so Mr W tells me that he  is his daughters husbands cousin and he is sure that he will be delighted to step round and get that wall built for me with his 2 brothers as they have just finished a paying job and the next one does not start for a week. He will be on the case. 2 hours later they are already here getting rid of the fencing in the rain. Stroke of good fortune. Price is less than I thought so I am adding in some other bits like cabling through the wall for lights and outdoor plugs and water.

Every cloud.

54 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Well one step forward and one step back sums up today. LFT arrived changes to PCR.......mutter mutter.

Rain and wind gradually subsiding. BUT a plus I need some additional outside lights so off round to Mr W as he asked me to pop round when I rang to tell him. Did that, he lives 4 doors away, he says "fence down then?", no getting anything past him!. I say yes going to have a wall thats all been previously approved but goodness knows when that will happen. Apparently it could be today.

To the rear of me a chap has been doing his own extension all the time I have been here and very nice it looks. He has apparently run out of money for it at present as he has obviously not been doing much paid building during Covid. As always here everyone seems related to everyone else if they are true locals so Mr W tells me that he  is his daughters husbands cousin and he is sure that he will be delighted to step round and get that wall built for me with his 2 brothers as they have just finished a paying job and the next one does not start for a week. He will be on the case. 2 hours later they are already here getting rid of the fencing in the rain. Stroke of good fortune. Price is less than I thought so I am adding in some other bits like cabling through the wall for lights and outdoor plugs and water.

Every cloud.

Good news for you then getting your wall built in this week hope it looks fantastic for you 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good news for you then getting your wall built in this week hope it looks fantastic for you 

I hope it does but I am a bit sceptical. Plus on Friday the lady who bred my dachsies arrives with her 4 I doubt it will be secure. So I need to ring her tonight to see is she is still willing to come. If not I will have to drive down to her adding on time and money to this so called cheap cruise. I always thought I was a glass half full person not now.

Just out of interest are there any folks on here who are leaning towards non compliance? I hasten to add not me not now but in all honesty soon. My grandparents and my parents wars were for 4 and 6 years respectively. They knew their enemy and they all said by the end they felt it was enough. 

Me - there have been so many failures  - A major one nightingale hospitals. Cost a fortune were mainly never used. I truly think this pandemic is a problem, vaccination is a core element but where are the other elements.

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Dear Friends

Well here we are again - in a state of alarm and angst and wondering if our cruises are going to happen or not. I was so sorry to read about the Cunarders whose cruise was cancelled at virtually no notice. I'm obviously being very careful what I'm writing because I don't want to be deleted.

I hope the weather has calmed for those of you who have really suffered with storms and snow.  I'm also thinking of you all without heat and light. Here where I live we have got away lightly. High winds yes, very cold temperatures also, but nothing beyond that. 

On lighter notes, Teddy is very happy to curl up by the radiator to keep cosy, and pretty well refuses to go out apart from doing the necessary, so very little venturing out for me this weekend. My dreaded shopping day with my daughter turned out much better than expected and we actually had a lovely day together. The Black Friday queues didn't exist, we got all our Christmas shopping done, and even had a leisurely relaxing brunch. It was so nice to spend a special day just the two of us.

Please be safe everyone. Look after yourselves and your loved ones. With best wishes to you all. Jane.x 

Glad you had a good day out shopping with your daughter and a nice relaxing lunch.

It’s 1 degree here at the moment, snowed a bit this morning but stopped now and nothing has settled. 
Hubby is outside trying to repair a few bits that were damaged in the storm. The dogs are less than keen to go out, they are curled up keeping warm. 
We went to see Pete Tong Ibiza classes with the Heritage Orchestra in Manchester last night, it was fantastic!!! Take a look on that well know video site.

Take care everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Beckett said:

I was so sorry to read about the Cunarders whose cruise was cancelled at virtually no notice.

I share the sentiment but a word to the wise. They are not Cunarders, they “Cunardists”.

Yes very little difference to you and me but I was corrected roundly on this social gaff on my first Cunard cruise, sorry “crossing or line voyage”(admittedly back in the dark ages).

Anyway a shame to miss out at such late notice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ccpm said:

4 hours in and the fencing is gone whisked away on the back of a lorry belonging to yet another cousin who owns a local garden centre.

Ipswich Town have a celebrated chant about Norwich City which I won't repeat on here, but involves cousins and other family relationships in Norfolk...........😉

• Like 1

Good evening everyone.

It is -2°C and snowing outside.

Church was quiet today with only 18 of us including the vicar and organ player for the first Sunday of Advent but it was icy and a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

Pauline has to go into the office in the morning at 07.30am but it's only her second day in the office in 18 Months so can't really complain.😨

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening everyone.

It is -2°C and snowing outside.

Church was quiet today with only 18 of us including the vicar and organ player for the first Sunday of Advent but it was icy and a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

Pauline has to go into the office in the morning at 07.30am but it's only her second day in the office in 18 Months so can't really complain.😨

The bad weather has hit Surrey at last. 5mm of snow. We put the thick duvet back on. Oh!, it's stopped now. Duvet stays and see what its like in the morning🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

The bad weather has hit Surrey at last. 5mm of snow. We put the thick duvet back on. Oh!, it's stopped now. Duvet stays and see what its like in the morning🤣

Well I do hope you manage to cope with all that snow Zap. show us the picture of the snowman you made with that massive fall☃️😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Hold the front page. If snow has hit Surrey and elsewhere in the South East, there will be no space for any more news until it goes. 😇😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Hold the front page. If snow has hit Surrey and elsewhere in the South East, there will be no space for any more news until it goes. 😇😉

There is still frost in the windscreen and I need to go and get my flu jab. Looks cold out too.🤣

• Like 1