P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all.  I guess this is the lull before the storm, though it’s a bit squally already.  Forecast is for Arwen to really take hold after midnight and last up to 24 hours 😳 That’ll get the last of the leaves off, if not bring down a few trees.

We made it to walk round the cricket field and check out the fish van.  Home made fish pie today, (bought ready prepared from my friendly fishmonger) so that’s a lazy supper - put it in the oven for 40 minutes and cook some green beans in the interim

Virus news doesn’t sound so good today.  Let’s hope it’s not as bad as it first seems.  

You could have a fish pie breakfast on a picnic bench on Portland Bill.🤣

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 7°C sunny but damp after overnight rain and only a light breeze here on the NE coast of England.

There is a possibility of snow overnight ☹️

Its heading your way, severe gale warning in force from Aberdeen down the east coast has far has Middlesbrough.

50 mph winds even inland further South, looks like a wild night and all day tomorrow.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Stocked up with 24 bottles of wine from Tesco today, with the 25% offer. That should see us through to Christmas.

Off to JS on Sunday, as they have the same deal,  to stock up for the Christmas  and New Year period !

I thought you had already bought enough wine to last through Xmss?😁

All still here, wind has dropped “calm before the storm” as they say, temperature hovering around 3C, grittier lorry as just driven past suspending grit as some snow is forecast as well as strong winds, on a yellow warning here, just spoken with my brother on the coast in North Wales, he has locked away anything that moves,  as they are on Amber Warning where he lives. I have moved a few small items just in case. 

My sister has escaped all this she has arrived in Antigua in the last 12 hours, there for next 2 weeks. 

Flu jab this afternoon, given by our Glaswegian Practice Nurse, can never understand half of what she says as speaks so quickly, just rolled up my sleeve and let her get on with it.

Apparently no low slung dog in its right mind is interested in walking anywhere today. I'm peering with some apprehension at my fence that has been replaced yet again recently.

Post cruise lateral flow test has arrived today but will the cruise be on? Just over a week to go.

Em

Well, we were off to North Wales tonight for a 2 night stay in our caravan, but having seen the weather warnings and felt just how FREEZING cold it was in the wind here we decided to stay home and keep cosy and warm at home. Sad not to be by the sea, but probably a wise decision after the amber weather warning and the cats are loving us being home so they can be by the fire !

Have noticed that I'm a Celebrity has cancelled their live show tonight (its not far from us) so probably the right decision. 

Not sure what you are doing Mr and Mrs Pete (and Charlie) but if you are brave and travel over please check that our van is not a boat by Sunday morning 😉

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we were off to North Wales tonight for a 2 night stay in our caravan, but having seen the weather warnings and felt just how FREEZING cold it was in the wind here we decided to stay home and keep cosy and warm at home. Sad not to be by the sea, but probably a wise decision after the amber weather warning and the cats are loving us being home so they can be by the fire !

Have noticed that I'm a Celebrity has cancelled their live show tonight (its not far from us) so probably the right decision. 

Not sure what you are doing Mr and Mrs Pete (and Charlie) but if you are brave and travel over please check that our van is not a boat by Sunday morning 😉

Mr and Mrs Pete and Charlie are sheltering in our nice, well insulated house listening to the Staffordshire wind and rain. There were some high tides on the coast earlier in the last week but your home from home stayed dry.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

It's freezing here but that's nothing new. As we say here in Scotland,  

"There's no such thing as bad weather only the wrong choice of clothes." 🤪

It's not exactly cracking the flags here, looks like we are in for a dollop of snow overnight with temp just above freezing and a hoolie blowing. Good night for staying in with a bottle of vino and a box of chocs, might even watch die hard as it is only 4 weeks to Crimbo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It's not exactly cracking the flags here, looks like we are in for a dollop of snow overnight with temp just above freezing and a hoolie blowing. Good night for staying in with a bottle of vino and a box of chocs, might even watch die hard as it is only 4 weeks to Crimbo.

OK for you i don't drink, can't even drown my sorrows. 😔

Good morning.

It has been exceptionally windy all night and is still windy.

There are lots of leaves and branches in our back garden.

A very large tree further up our close is on its side resting against a neighbour's house.

Take care and stay safe if you go out today.

Graham.

• Like 6

We escaped, rain but no major winds and fence still in tact. Great start to the day the low riders woke up at 6am wanting to go out so I got dressed loaded them up and walked them. Worst job of the day done. Might organise a bit of packing.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Adawn47 said:

He was obviously targeting you because you were new, the others were used to him and already armed with water cannon and mantraps😁

I feel sorry for his new neighbours. I can see the headlines  now .

'' The Battle Of Hastings Part 2''

Avril

Have you got snow round your way, Avril? Saw the M1 was closed due to snow earlier not too far from you.

Morning all,

Was windy all day down here yesterday, but increased during the night, also had some thunder and lightening in the early hours. Lost power several times and the street light by our back garden was going on and off like a light house!! No major damage, just the wheelie bin blow over, good job it was emptied Thursday. It's still very windy down here though.

Not a day for going out, so as it's only 4 weeks until Christmas I might make a start by making some mince pies and writing my cards ready for posting.

Stay safe.

• Like 4

Very windy but otherwise ok here.  It’s cold but ok wrapped up.  Some of the gusts were quite extraordinary.  Back from an hour out with the dog, so that’s us battening down the hatches and getting on with the mince-pie eating 🥧 

Have a good day; stay safe

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Was windy all day down here yesterday, but increased during the night, also had some thunder and lightening in the early hours. Lost power several times and the street light by our back garden was going on and off like a light house!! No major damage, just the wheelie bin blow over, good job it was emptied Thursday. It's still very windy down here though.

Not a day for going out, so as it's only 4 weeks until Christmas I might make a start by making some mince pies and writing my cards ready for posting.

Stay safe.

I think we escaped very lightly here in Holt. Its the mince pie part of your post that has appealed and spurred me on. Made the mincemeat a few weeks ago, pastry made and in freezer so you have encouraged me to get on and do something useful, get it out and start. Might stop feeding the cake and get the marzipan on that too. This is so much more than a cruise forum!!!!!!!!!!

40 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Have you got snow round your way, Avril? Saw the M1 was closed due to snow earlier not too far from you.

Morning Harry🥶

Yes, we had a couple of inches fall overnight, but with the strong winds it drifted deeper in some places. It doesn't take much to bring some parts to a standstill. The road through here is just  passable, although there's not much traffic at present as the buses went on strike today for a week. Still a bit sleety at the moment but it's  begining to look brighter. Minus 4c forecast for today, so 'nesh' Avril is not even going to poke her nose outside.😉

Avril

• Like 5