P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

As a glasses wearer I have always had problems with them steaming up such that I can't see what I am buying , and the colder it gets the worse it is. So I am happy not to wear one, however if I was asked in the shop, or it became compulsory I would revert to wearing a mask.

I have to wear my reading glasses in the supermarket to check sell/use by dates but generally find if I put them right at the tip if my nose, find there is less chance of them misting up. I appreciate it can be a problem though.

• Like 2

Just had 2 lovely days in Wales. Everything seems so much safer and people are still wearing masks (by law) and it still feels like people are taking it all more seriously. 

A beautiful morning with the waves crashing up and the sun shining. Enjoyed taking a good look at Gwrych Castle ready for I'm a Celebrity tonight. The local area is buzzing and it is good news for their economy whether you like the show or not. Great to see it all lit up. Shame we had to come home ......

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I was at my local Mass Vaccination Centre late this morning for my Booster. They seemed to be doing a good turnover but I wouldn't say it was incredibly busy. I was asked to take a seat after checking in but only 2 people ahead of me. I was sitting in the '15 minute seat' 10 minutes after arrival.

Ours was fairly busy last week, but as 450k booster jabs were given yesterday the program seems to be going well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

It certainly isn't just you Michelle. I have the same thoughts about masks and social distancing although I am now a bit more relaxed about using gel as frequently. I do however still clean the trolley handles. I do often have the urge to shout "What's wrong with you lot - we're still having around 40,000 new infections a day you dopes!"

On a personal level, I really just don't understand the reluctance to wear a mask for 20 minutes whilst you walk round the supermarket. It felt so much safer when I was in Spain recently and everyone in shops and on public transport wore masks.

In our hotel in Spain and I think everywhere indoors, all over 6 needed to wear a mask. The kids at the mini disco were reminded, but didn't seen to need a reminder as they did it automatically. Quite impressive really.

• Like 4

In a large, well ventilated supermarket I do not wear a mask. In a small corner shop with other customers I would wear one.

Walking around a B&Q with virtually no other customers, and with none of the staff wearing masks, for example, what is the point of wearing a mask ?

Yes, mask wearing is important, but context is everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

In a large, well ventilated supermarket I do not wear a mask. In a small corner shop with other customers I would wear one.

Walking around a B&Q with virtually no other customers, and with none of the staff wearing masks, for example, what is the point of wearing a mask ?

Yes, mask wearing is important, but context is everything.

I must admit that in a corner shop, or bank I get a bit nervous when folk come in wearing masks and hoodies.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just had 2 lovely days in Wales. Everything seems so much safer and people are still wearing masks (by law) and it still feels like people are taking it all more seriously. 

I wonder why it is then that the infection rate is higher in Wales than in England?

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder why it is then that the infection rate is higher in Wales than in England?

No idea - honestly - it just seems more organised and people more careful. It certainly feels safer and people more respectful of one another, keeping a distance and respecting space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

A beautiful morning with the waves crashing up and the sun shining. Enjoyed taking a good look at Gwrych Castle ready for I'm a Celebrity tonight. The local area is buzzing and it is good news for their economy whether you like the show or not. Great to see it all lit up. Shame we had to come home ......

IMG_2056.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

I think our paths may have crossed somewhere on the A55. We arrived around lunchtime. Brilliant pictures. Hopefully it will be a good watch tonight but it’s Adele as the support act at the moment.

• Like 1

Lovely castle pics Presto.  Very atmospheric 

We had a super lunch.  I didn’t take pics, except this one of our *cough* starters - cold, spiced tomato soup.  Well, rather lovely Bloody Marys actually.  Perfectly spiced, really went down well

9187C8C6-A6EF-48F2-B417-C2A29DA18005.thumb.jpeg.5b31f3c56bc2d6bfd81d2f2003d93927.jpeg

The temperature has certainly dropped.  🥶

The remaining leaves were coming off the trees like confetti and the fallen ones were dry and crunchy.  All very enjoyable

8E2B186A-C6BC-4485-92CE-73DB3998F1E2.thumb.jpeg.46e56807280ecf40e196aa991b67087e.jpeg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think our paths may have crossed somewhere on the A55. We arrived around lunchtime. Brilliant pictures. Hopefully it will be a good watch tonight but it’s Adele as the support act at the moment.

Surprised you didn't see the car with us weeping uncontrollably in to a tissue .... a beautiful day and one when you really want to be Welsh and live in this beautiful part of the world ..........

Have a great evening and if you lean out a lot you may see flares etc. We saw the castle all red and lit up on Friday and it was the 'guests' arriving. Not really that keen on the show but so excited for the castle and locals 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Lovely castle pics Presto.  Very atmospheric 

We had a super lunch.  I didn’t take pics, except this one of our *cough* starters - cold, spiced tomato soup.  Well, rather lovely Bloody Marys actually.  Perfectly spiced, really went down well

9187C8C6-A6EF-48F2-B417-C2A29DA18005.thumb.jpeg.5b31f3c56bc2d6bfd81d2f2003d93927.jpeg

The temperature has certainly dropped.  🥶

The remaining leaves were coming off the trees like confetti and the fallen ones were dry and crunchy.  All very enjoyable

8E2B186A-C6BC-4485-92CE-73DB3998F1E2.thumb.jpeg.46e56807280ecf40e196aa991b67087e.jpeg

Beautiful photos. Feels like a late Autumn this year ... very pretty today though. The one lovely thing about the UK is the seasons..... especially on a sunny day 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Good question! But of course it varies from place to place. All I know is that Covid seems now to have touched almost every family around here in one way or another. Few really bad cases, but still problematic as there are still many 3 generation families living under one roof in rural properties around here.  Whereas this time last year, I hardly know of anyone who had caught it. 

• Like 2

Wearing a mask is such a simple way to protect those around us. It’s a way of life for me now, I barely think about it, just pop my mask on when I go in an inside public space 

The trouble is, the amount of people who  return the compliment is getting lower and lower 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

And what a support act she turned out to be - magnificent!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, but still no entertainment whilst eating your dinner... Terrible😊

Reading these limelight posts is making me feel very old. Most of the tribute acts, of singers that I remember, now have tribute acts of their own!😊

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Reading these limelight posts is making me feel very old. Most of the tribute acts, of singers that I remember, now have tribute acts of their own!😊

Unfortunately I am old enough to have seen many of the originals first time around . Some of the tributes are better than the originals ever were.

• Like 3

Brrr

Waiting for a call from the TA to see if we can get a nice cabin location for a 2024 Canaries cruise!  Crazy booking-ahead but it’s the third move for what was originally a 2020 jaunt.  Who knows if we’ll actually go but it was originally a fairly hefty deposit, so I’ll move rather than abandon.  Abandoned a Jan 2022 cheapie on Iona yesterday.  V low deposit, so I just let it go. 

Lovely sunshine again this morning.  Have a good day

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

Pauline and I are Adele fans.

There was an Adele tribute act on Iona we went to see and she was good.

I hope you and Pauline enjoyed last night as much as I did Graham. I am determined to get to see her live but the Hyde Park concerts next July are well and truly sold out and the ticket agencies are charging hundreds per ticket. Such a shame. I hope you both have a good day. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

Morning All. After so much heavy rain for part of the whole weekend, today is bright and sunny but cold. I need to get myself to North Walsham for lunch with a cousin and her husband who are staying in Bacton for a week. Not too sure why Bacton as when my in laws lived there it never seemed that interesting but in 30 years it may have improved. They have a nervous cockapoo so no invite for dachsies so they will need their own walk, not they they are looking keen all piled up in front of the fire.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have had quite a keen frost here but not a cloud in the sky, first time I've had me big coit on for yonks. Good luck all those waiting for their phone calls to say they have got their preferred cruise, I will have to wait till tomorrow.

Not a cloud in the sky here either. Glad to know you have your “big coit” on today to keep you warm. 
I will have to wait until Weds to see if I have got a cabin in my preferred grade/ location. There are only two accessible cabins in the grade I have requested so fingers crossed. 
Just waiting for Howdens to arrive to measure up for new work tops then out for coffee with a friend.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 1