P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good Morning Dear Friends and Happy Sunday

It's been one year since I joined CCF and once again I thank you all for your friendship, good advice, and support.

I've just been having a catch up on the posts from last week and I'm sorry to read that so many of you still have friends, family, and neighbours, under the shadow of Covid. I wish all of them a speedy recovery with not too many after-effects. I have a colleague at the surgery who had a pretty unpleasant Covid experience in January, and she is only now starting to come out of the brain fog that has plagued her ever since. 

I feel sorry for any friends on here who were due on the Christmas Markets cruises. I don't know if they've been cancelled, but given the problems in Europe at the moment I can't see anyone actually being able to visit a Christmas Market.  Who would have thought, that a year on, we would still be in such a precarious position.

I've got the day from hell coming up this Friday - Christmas shopping with my daughter! Now I love my daughter dearly but I absolutely hate hate hate shopping with her. She is the epitome of going back to the first shop in which she saw something she liked - three hours later. And it's Black Friday. Oh deep joy!

Just been out for a walk with Teddy and the temperature has dropped significantly. It really feels like November today.  So it's a day of warmth and TV today,  and all I'll be concerned about is who goes out of Strictly and who's in I'm a Celebrity. Shallow yes, but such fun!

Have a good day everyone and please keep safe, warm, and well.  Very best wishes. Jane.xxx 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Dear Friends and Happy Sunday

It's been one year since I joined CCF and once again I thank you all for your friendship, good advice, and support.

I've just been having a catch up on the posts from last week and I'm sorry to read that so many of you still have friends, family, and neighbours, under the shadow of Covid. I wish all of them a speedy recovery with not too many after-effects. I have a colleague at the surgery who had a pretty unpleasant Covid experience in January, and she is only now starting to come out of the brain fog that has plagued her ever since. 

I feel sorry for any friends on here who were due on the Christmas Markets cruises. I don't know if they've been cancelled, but given the problems in Europe at the moment I can't see anyone actually being able to visit a Christmas Market.  Who would have thought, that a year on, we would still be in such a precarious position.

I've got the day from hell coming up this Friday - Christmas shopping with my daughter! Now I love my daughter dearly but I absolutely hate hate hate shopping with her. She is the epitome of going back to the first shop in which she saw something she liked - three hours later. And it's Black Friday. Oh deep joy!

Just been out for a walk with Teddy and the temperature has dropped significantly. It really feels like November today.  So it's a day of warmth and TV today,  and all I'll be concerned about is who goes out of Strictly and who's in I'm a Celebrity. Shallow yes, but such fun!

Have a good day everyone and please keep safe, warm, and well.  Very best wishes. Jane.xxx 

As a long suffering bag carrier in shops I empathise with you Jane.

It has been a pleasure speaking to and reading your informative posts this last year.

Best regards.

Graham x.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Its cold and crisp here, a wonderful day for a stroll which we have just finished. Breakfast then t'Asda run as we have friends coming tomorrow so need a stock up and a splash of motion lotion, who knows what the price of petrol will be this time round. 

Happy first Anniversary Jane, hope for many more years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone,

It's bright sunny down here but breezy at present but we have had some heavy showers and the temp had dropped and we are now down to 9oC although we are expected to rise back up to double figures later.

Had my flu jab yesterday with no ill effects, not even a sore arm.

Doing a roast dinner later but have nothing else planned for the day. Although with Christmas now less than 5 weeks away I should think about what I'm going to get everyone. I have also got several birthdays next month too!!

Have a good Sunday and stay warm and safe.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’d add the White Horse at Brancaster Staithe to that list too. Same ownership as the Jolly Sailors, but different atmosphere. Nice staff, great friendly service, good food, and a nice big car park leading to a footpath and a great coastal walk.

Thankyou all. Although I have lived here for 3 years now it has been lock down a good part of that for Covid and the remainder I have been locked in with the builders. This has meant that my travels so far have only been to places I know from previous holidays here. Add to this I can get lost navigating a left turn. So given the new car has an excellent sat nav, and taking your suggestions, once the new year arrives, I'm cruising soon, I shall try all the suggestions.  

Its blooming awful weather today so no trips out for rain averse dachsies. Excellent news on the cruise front the speciality dining has now been released to book on line. So apart from the first 2 days I'm all booked. I am having a change the first 2 days and going to the Glass House. Plus further excellent news the prices in the Epicurean have GONE DOWN. Used to be £28 less loyalty discount now its £22.40 less discount. Odd amount odd it has gone down. Sindhu is a £10 booking deposit, individually priced items on the day.

4 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thankyou all. Although I have lived here for 3 years now it has been lock down a good part of that for Covid and the remainder I have been locked in with the builders. This has meant that my travels so far have only been to places I know from previous holidays here. Add to this I can get lost navigating a left turn. So given the new car has an excellent sat nav, and taking your suggestions, once the new year arrives, I'm cruising soon, I shall try all the suggestions.  

Its blooming awful weather today so no trips out for rain averse dachsies. Excellent news on the cruise front the speciality dining has now been released to book on line. So apart from the first 2 days I'm all booked. I am having a change the first 2 days and going to the Glass House. Plus further excellent news the prices in the Epicurean have GONE DOWN. Used to be £28 less loyalty discount now its £22.40 less discount. Odd amount odd it has gone down. Sindhu is a £10 booking deposit, individually priced items on the day.

That’s remarkably good value for the Epicurean.  One of the real high spots of P&O cruises for us - loved it.  Really good food, beautifully served, in nice surroundings, in a quiet, calm environment.

Miss the breakfasts there too, particularly outside in the sunshine.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Promise🤨

Sis

Hi sis,thems the rules so it must be true,lol.Our daughter tested negative twice with LFT but positive with PCR.The only symptom for her was fatigue.They're all OK,now and back to school and work,bro.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s remarkably good value for the Epicurean.  One of the real high spots of P&O cruises for us - loved it.  Really good food, beautifully served, in nice surroundings, in a quiet, calm environment.

Miss the breakfasts there too, particularly outside in the sunshine.

Yes a bargain. Sadly no Epicurean breakfast this time. Not always in a suite but usually as I eat there most nights I can get an invite if I ask nicely. Won't do that as no manager that I know on board. 

34 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,it was nice to see the LH fans make themselves known last week.Get in there Lewis and beat the boring Dutchman.He's more boring than their cheese and that's saying something.

Certainly looked like Lewis was firing on all cylinders in qualy, nearly 1/2 sec quicker. Hopefully he will close the gap.

Just got back from t'Asda and their petrol is 2p dearer at 1.43/L than the village garage which is a first.

• Like 4

Morning all. 

Looked lovely this morning, until I went outside to put some washing out ... 5c with a feel of 2c, brrr😬. Hibernation time for me today, I'm 'nesh'😉

I've been a tad concerened about Kalos too, but he did post a while ago that he wouldn't be posting as often as he did so not worry, not easy though is it? Hope he's just too busy to post🤞

Not much for me to do today, done the washing, I need to feed the christmas cake(hic) and apart from the usual 'tidying up' it will be a day of sorting the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus and jiggling my Asda christmas order, reading and/or posting on here. Busy, busy, busy😁

Whether you're out and about or having a day like mine, enjoy it and take care.

Avril

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,it was nice to see the LH fans make themselves known last week.Get in there Lewis and beat the boring Dutchman.He's more boring than their cheese and that's saying something.

Won't it be sad if poor old max gets a grid penalty for ignoring the yellows. Christian will be gutted.🤣. Sunday brunch, race, Pizza express. .......sorted.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Won't it be sad if poor old max gets a grid penalty for ignoring the yellows. Christian will be gutted.🤣. Sunday brunch, race, Pizza express. .......sorted.

I see Max got a five point penalty, Valteri got a three point penalty, could be juicy.

• Like 1

I just got back from the vaccine hub where it has been manic, I don't know if there is some sort of campaign at the moment but we had an unusually large number of first doses.  I wish people would realise that having the third dose does not make them immune to the virus, it just makes them less likely to be hospitalised if they do catch it, I have heard several people today saying that they won't need to be cautious now that they have had 3 jabs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just got back from the vaccine hub where it has been manic, I don't know if there is some sort of campaign at the moment but we had an unusually large number of first doses.  I wish people would realise that having the third dose does not make them immune to the virus, it just makes them less likely to be hospitalised if they do catch it, I have heard several people today saying that they won't need to be cautious now that they have had 3 jabs.

That’s great that there are people coming forward for their 1st jabs….

I had my booster this morning. I will continue to be very cautious but it will give me more peace of mind once it has taken effect. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

That’s great that there are people coming forward for their 1st jabs….

I had my booster this morning. I will continue to be very cautious but it will give me more peace of mind once it has taken effect. 

Been to Tesco this afternoon, I would say about 70% at least were not wearing masks.
I was cleaning the trolly & my hands and people were just walking past me. It frustrates me, I just wanted to tell them to get their masks on & sanitise.

The virus has not gone away, with huge amounts of people testing positive each day. What are these people thinking? Or not thinking? Or is it me still been too cautious? 
Michelle 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

Been to Tesco this afternoon, I would say about 70% at least were not wearing masks.
I was cleaning the trolly & my hands and people were just walking past me. It frustrates me, I just wanted to tell them to get their masks on & sanitise.

The virus has not gone away, with huge amounts of people testing positive each day. What are these people thinking? Or not thinking? Or is it me still been too cautious? 
Michelle 

I would say the latter Michelle, but that's only my opinion, and if you are concerned and want to feel safer, then that's perfectly reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

With regards to  hand cleaning, I think it is fairly well established that the chances of contracting Covid via contaminated surfaces are negligible. 

No harm in sanitising your hands as good practice, but personally I would not worry if other people did not .

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I was at my local Mass Vaccination Centre late this morning for my Booster. They seemed to be doing a good turnover but I wouldn't say it was incredibly busy. I was asked to take a seat after checking in but only 2 people ahead of me. I was sitting in the '15 minute seat' 10 minutes after arrival.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

It certainly isn't just you Michelle. I have the same thoughts about masks and social distancing although I am now a bit more relaxed about using gel as frequently. I do however still clean the trolley handles. I do often have the urge to shout "What's wrong with you lot - we're still having around 40,000 new infections a day you dopes!"

On a personal level, I really just don't understand the reluctance to wear a mask for 20 minutes whilst you walk round the supermarket. It felt so much safer when I was in Spain recently and everyone in shops and on public transport wore masks.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, Britboys said:

It certainly isn't just you Michelle. I have the same thoughts about masks and social distancing although I am now a bit more relaxed about using gel as frequently. I do however still clean the trolley handles. I do often have the urge to shout "What's wrong with you lot - we're still having around 40,000 new infections a day you dopes!"

On a personal level, I really just don't understand the reluctance to wear a mask for 20 minutes whilst you walk round the supermarket. It felt so much safer when I was in Spain recently and everyone in shops and on public transport wore masks.

As a glasses wearer I have always had problems with them steaming up such that I can't see what I am buying , and the colder it gets the worse it is. So I am happy not to wear one, however if I was asked in the shop, or it became compulsory I would revert to wearing a mask.

7 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,thems the rules so it must be true,lol.Our daughter tested negative twice with LFT but positive with PCR.The only symptom for her was fatigue.They're all OK,now and back to school and work,bro.

Oh, I misunderstood bro. I thought you meant that in 10 days everything would be be back to normal.😉

Ever the optimist😁

Sis

• Like 1