P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We expected it too, but she needed looking after. She's up and about now after 2 days in bed, but still feeling weak. Our 2nd tests came back positive, and so far we're not too bad, but this feels more like flu than a cold. As I said earlier, covid is like Tom Hanks' 'box of chocolates'

Avril

Avril, I’m sorry to hear your news, and I hope you’ll soon feel a lot better.  You’re both fully vaccinated and that’ll keep you safe. I know you’re nowhere near that age, but we know a 95 year old who contracted it recently, and she sailed through it pretty quickly. Plenty of fluids, your usual good healthy food if you’ve got some prepared in the freezer to avoid having to cook, and with luck you’ll be back to your normal self quickly.

Harry

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are currently on Sky Princess and have decided that we will either move or cancel the 2 cruises that we have booked for July and October because despite occasional reminders to wear masks the number of people sitting around in bars etc without masks is worrying.  There is covid on board, we only know because we are are on deck 10 and have seen people on the deck 9 balconies, we know that 9 is the isolation deck because it is shut off and there are notices not to open the doors.

This is not cruising as we know it.

Great to see you posting.

Yes covid is on from the transatlantic, seen those on deck 9 - thankfully not too many (port side anyway).

Hope you are enjoying the cruise as much as you can, at least the weather hypha’s been fairly kind to us 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Graham

Glad things went well.

Where did your cheery face go, I go away for a bit and now see a lovely church instead. It will take me a while to get used to that.

I find I recognise those I read (and avoid)  by their little pictures. 

Thank you Eglesbrech.

The small and bigger picture in my Avatar is our lovely parish church.

This was last week's sermon and our lovely vicar David inside the church.

Graham.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We are currently on Sky Princess and have decided that we will either move or cancel the 2 cruises that we have booked for July and October because despite occasional reminders to wear masks the number of people sitting around in bars etc without masks is worrying.  There is covid on board, we only know because we are are on deck 10 and have seen people on the deck 9 balconies, we know that 9 is the isolation deck because it is shut off and there are notices not to open the doors.

Also on Sky Princess at the moment.  We have managed to get a regular table for 2 in the dining room away from others, don’t frequent the bars etc but have taken a few shore excursions.  One couple (American) sat behind us on the bus and removed their masks.  I requested - in my most pleasant voice - ‘Do you mind wearing your masks?’ to which the lady replied ‘Yes I do!’ but nevertheless they complied.

The day before we had been sitting at the back of a tour bus and saw masks removed, used as chin-warmers or noses overhanging masks.  Really?  In a small enclosed space!  

I went to the excursions desk to report our concerns and request that tour guides at least read out the mask protocol at the start of the journey, as was done on all of last year’s cruise tours (Celebrity and RC).  The woman behind the desk told us we should request it!  

I could go on, but I’ll leave it there.  I’ve enjoyed the cruise otherwise and hope that you have also.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Unfortunately, people are catching it again, surprisingly  soon after recovering from an earlier infections.

I’m not sure ‘natural immunity’ is something to be relied on  

A friend of ours was admitted to hospital for some tests, they tested him for it and he was positive, he only recovered from last bout 4 weeks ago. Although now released from hospital he has to do LFTs for the next week, hopefully the PCR picked up residual virus and it’s not a new infection. 

• Like 5

Avril so sorry you both have now caught the Covid from your daughter, take care of yourselves, and I hope you don’t feel too I’ll and it doesn’t linger for to long . I’ve just tested negative now and my husband but still have the choking cough that came with it . Sending virtual hugs to you 💐

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no, I am sorry you are not enjoying your break Josy. I hope that you and yours stay safe and manage to have a good few days.

Avril - you and your family take care, and Graham, I am pleased for your news re the op.

Us Prestos (still positive but feeling better) 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Avril, Prestos, YPs, others - so sorry you’re suffering.  Hope it passes swiftly and completely.  My younger granddaughter has just had it for the second, possibly third, time.

Josy - sorry your holiday is not as you hoped

Stormy, showery day here but we enjoyed a rather indulgent fishy lunch with my sister & b-i-l.

smoked mackerel mousse & sardines for starters

EDD2A86F-D76F-46C3-A6DB-7B04256AE524.thumb.jpeg.2e324c80903380fc3eb129aef56e1780.jpeg

62F37A70-F25D-44CC-8CDA-9D7FB829713E.thumb.jpeg.e681d3a45175aeb731cf5f4baec2388d.jpeg

Gudgerati (?sp) vegetable curry plus curried gurnard kebabs, and skate with chorizo

AEACF305-3478-4988-B748-1602C469052B.thumb.jpeg.819e1449ddf8f3ec46da5be0fa53a492.jpeg

94F6C4A8-0F3C-4E26-B407-C05399A590BE.thumb.jpeg.168134f072a44e7d1f26ebc2991ebb7f.jpeg

• Like 11

Oh no Avril, I didn’t realise it was a new new infection! I think we all knew you could get it more than once (different strains etc) but not so close together! Hope you’re soon fighting fit again and everyone else poorly.

I had a dizzy type of migraine yesterday but fighting fit this morning after finally getting a decent sleep. Open my emails to see ‘itinerary change’ heading from P&O!! It’s just we’re docking overnight in Zeebrugge the night before our call. Wouldn’t normally be a problem but I’m thinking we’ll have to change our PLF as we’re arriving in Belgium the 16th now and not the 17th! Sigh …

Have a good day all 😊

Edited by P&O SUE
Typo

12 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Avril, Prestos, YPs, others - so sorry you’re suffering.  Hope it passes swiftly and completely.  My younger granddaughter has just had it for the second, possibly third, time.

Josy - sorry your holiday is not as you hoped

Stormy, showery day here but we enjoyed a rather indulgent fishy lunch with my sister & b-i-l.

smoked mackerel mousse & sardines for starters

EDD2A86F-D76F-46C3-A6DB-7B04256AE524.thumb.jpeg.2e324c80903380fc3eb129aef56e1780.jpeg

62F37A70-F25D-44CC-8CDA-9D7FB829713E.thumb.jpeg.e681d3a45175aeb731cf5f4baec2388d.jpeg

Gudgerati (?sp) vegetable curry plus curried gurnard kebabs, and skate with chorizo

AEACF305-3478-4988-B748-1602C469052B.thumb.jpeg.819e1449ddf8f3ec46da5be0fa53a492.jpeg

94F6C4A8-0F3C-4E26-B407-C05399A590BE.thumb.jpeg.168134f072a44e7d1f26ebc2991ebb7f.jpeg

Skate is one of my favourites.The posher term now in supermarkets is ray wings,lol.

• Like 1

Morning all,getting ready now to catch the 11.20 bus to the airport for a 4.15 flight.Back in 45 days.Our only cruise booked this year is the IOW ferry for a caravan holiday with the family in May.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,getting ready now to catch the 11.20 bus to the airport for a 4.15 flight.Back in 45 days.Our only cruise booked this year is the IOW ferry for a caravan holiday with the family in May.Cheers,Brian.

Lucky you Brian, I wish I’d cancelled mine now! I have a condor ferry to Guernsey to look forward to in June!

It is horrible weather here  today but it’s going to warm up soon.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention a warning light on our car came on when John was driving home Tuesday! No wonder I had a migraine yesterday. 
I do try and look on the bright side though - John was fed up and muttering about the expense - I said at least it didn’t happen on our way down to Southampton! All fixed now though but we are £300 poorer!

• Like 1

Showers forecast down here for today, but at present we do have some blue sky and it's cold and windy too.

After my busy day yesterday, in which I didn't get the printer up and running. As my granddaughter is now better and back at school, my agenda for today is to catch up with things that didn't get done over the last few days!! 

Hope everyone who is feeling poorly is on the mend.

Take care.

Pam 

• Like 4

Hoping that everyone and their family who are unwell feel much better soon.

More progress here sink is home and this morning made its guest appearance in the utility. The final units are being installed today, the  worktop going in and this afternoon Ted the Tiler will be here cursing like a trooper about my fancy tiling requirements. I saw a picture on Pinterest of tiles placed vertically a bit like a fence. Forgive this layman here but how "fancy" is it to lay the tiles vertically??????? Plus my "pop of pink" tiling has been deemed artsy fartsy hmnn. 

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I forgot to mention a warning light on our car came on when John was driving home Tuesday! No wonder I had a migraine yesterday. 
I do try and look on the bright side though - John was fed up and muttering about the expense - I said at least it didn’t happen on our way down to Southampton! All fixed now though but we are £300 poorer!

We had the same on our car ,the service warning light came on but it had just recently been done .:classic_ohmy: The garage had not reset it .Lucky for me I knew how to do this using the trip meter buttons .

Another few hours I will be at the Hozzie having my eyeballs reset with the annual screening service they do. That's me eyes looking like a barn owl for the next few hours :classic_mellow:

Have a good day everyone and take care or get better :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 8

It feels like mid winter here, heavy rain all morning and blowing a gale, we have just managed to get a short walk in as the sky cleared so we made a dash for it, with full winter attire. 

Mrs YP and myself don't have any covid symptoms now so feel we have been lucky, hopefully we will test negative Friday. Hope the rest of the walking wounded are bearing up and improve soon.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, kalos said:

We had the same on our car ,the service warning light came on but it had just recently been done .:classic_ohmy: The garage had not reset it .Lucky for me I knew how to do this using the trip meter buttons .

Another few hours I will be at the Hozzie having my eyeballs reset with the annual screening service they do. That's me eyes looking like a barn owl for the next few hours :classic_mellow:

Have a good day everyone and take care or get better :classic_love::classic_smile:

No service warning lights coming on but as we were driving over to Wales yesterday, the satnav went mad, losing the route and changing where it was taking us (fortunately I knew which way to go because I only use satnav for traffic warnings), telling me my phone was disconnected (I knew that because I had disconnected it) and worst of all beeping at me every few seconds as I was trying to concentrate on driving. As it is a built in sat nav and not a separate Tom Tom or something, I couldn’t turn it off. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pete14 said:

No service warning lights coming on but as we were driving over to Wales yesterday, the satnav went mad, losing the route and changing where it was taking us (fortunately I knew which way to go because I only use satnav for traffic warnings), telling me my phone was disconnected (I knew that because I had disconnected it) and worst of all beeping at me every few seconds as I was trying to concentrate on driving. As it is a built in sat nav and not a separate Tom Tom or something, I couldn’t turn it off. 

😱 blimey Pete that sounds a bit spooky! 

Kalos, ours was an engine light not a service one - it was something to do with oxygen 😳🤷‍♀️

Like Phil I’ve just popped out for a quick walk as the sun is out here now and it looks nice but the wind- wow! My hair looks like a mad scientist! 😃

Starting work at one - like getting up in not such a rush but I’m constantly clock watching! 

• Like 4