P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Also the correct kind of fat. I know I'm coming across as a complete health nut, but I'm not. Both Frank's parents died of heart problems, as did my Dad. My mum had a stroke after years with high BP problems and died within 9 hours. As we know, they  are conditions which can be inherited, and unfortunately Frank and I have inherited them. So our food choices are self-preservation, and I know what to eat, what to avoid and what to eat in moderation. I've had to do it for a long time now and fully intend for us to get a Telegram from King William 

Avril.

M&S sous vide beef tonight. Not a single emulsifier, additive, preservative etc in sight!

Interestingly enough, seaweed was included on the ingredient list,  I presume to try and reduce the overall  salt content.

Given that I do try and control my salt intake, I was still well under my daily recommended salt level, so I might have a nibble on a Pringle tomorrow!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Well I am back from my injection of either the Covid vaccine or saline.  The appointment that should have taken about 2 hours actually took 3.5 hours because there were so many people there.  I really hope that when we all get the actual vaccination they are better organised.  Last time I had no reaction at all but I have a really sore arm this time even though it is the same thing that they gave me both times.

Good luck for Friday Pete.

“Thank you” to both you and Pete. I think it is wonderful that you are prepared to do this.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have a covid19 test at 10am this morning.

I have been unwell since Friday and stopped at home and last night I had a high temperature.

Not looking forward to the test.☹️

Hope you feel better soon and that the test is negative

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have been unwell since Friday and stopped at home and last night I had a high temperature.

Get well soon Graham and i hope the test result comes back quickly and comes back negative. X

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you're soon feeling better Graham, covid or no covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear you are unwell, I hope that it is not covid.  I will be thinking of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

My daughter has a test being delivered today as she is shielding. She's also been feeling ill for about a week now. Her breathing isn't too good either and her inhaler doesn't help. I'm sure both tests will be negative🤞 Keep us informed Graham and I hope Pauline is alright.

Avril

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter has a test being delivered today as she is shielding. She's also been feeling ill for about a week now. Her breathing isn't too good either and her inhaler doesn't help. I'm sure both tests will be negative🤞 Keep us informed Graham and I hope Pauline is alright.

Avril

I hope your daughter feels better soon and that the test is negative

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I hope that your daughter's test comes back negative, if she has been shielding she should be unlikely to have come in to contact with it.  I have my fingers crossed.🤞🤞

• Like 1

Just now, Josy1953 said:

I hope that your daughter's test comes back negative, if she has been shielding she should be unlikely to have come in to contact with it.  I have my fingers crossed.🤞🤞

Thank you. I tell her the same, but because she lives alone, she is in a 'bubble' (what a silly word!) with her daughter and family so who knows. Her daughter is doing the test for her as she's a nurse and wants to make sure it's done properly. Have to stay positive.

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. I tell her the same, but because she lives alone, she is in a 'bubble' (what a silly word!) with her daughter and family so who knows. Her daughter is doing the test for her as she's a nurse and wants to make sure it's done properly. Have to stay positive.

Avril

As part of the vaccine trial, we had to do a test at the first appointment, I posted mine on the way home and got the result by text the next day, hopefully your daughter will get her result as quickly to put her mind at rest, she must be very worried.

They have to be posted in designated NHS post boxes for some reason.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1