P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Has a a anybody else been asked been asked to take part in a test for  antibodies.

I was selected at random to do a test mailed to me a few weeks ago has part of a national survey, my result was negative I had no antibodies to the vjrus.

If it is the attached letter I just got it in the post, I think that I must be on a list of people prepared to take part in medical research because I am also taking part in research into bone problems in women over 60 😱

IMG_20201112_145242.jpg

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

If it is the attached letter I just got it in the post, I think that I must be on a list of people prepared to take part in medical research because I am also taking part in research into bone problems in women over 60 😱

IMG_20201112_145242.jpg

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Is it just me, or does that actually sound a lot worse now?!!!  😇

It's your own fault Harry those words are not PC :classic_wink:

I on the other hand had elocution lessons in a local mineworkers club and was taught 

how to speak really  reight & proper.so would not use those words :classic_rolleyes: (they had better )

My Mrs always does the cooking in our house and one pancake day, I asked could 

"I give the pancake a toss" and she said no :classic_sad:

So to this day I have never given a toss, to a pancake :classic_unsure: and doubt I ever will.

See I can say I dont give a toss about you pr-icking your finger :classic_huh:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Just been reading the latest Covid death rates and how if we were to send all our loved ones

who have sadly passed to the football ground in Sunderland it would fill each and every seat there .

Infact over a thousand of those deaths would be turned away as the is no seat for them .

Even if they brought out a vaccine next week we would still have to take care as we have 

a long way to go yet to stop this virus.

Just looking at all those empty seats ,we have to do our bit and keep safe..

Take care and stay safe everyone !

https://www.safc.com/club/stadium-of-light

(double click play ▶️  to see ground )

Your link didn't work Kalos so I submitted these photos.

Graham.

Screenshot_20201112_152942_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Your link didn't work Kalos so I submitted these photos.

Graham.

Screenshot_20201112_152059_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Strange !! Just tried it and it's running fine . 

Click on the link it shows the ground , then hit play to get to the statute and play again 

for the actual film of the ground .

Never mind  and thanks for putting the photo of the ground Graham .:classic_smile:

PS Hope your feeling better as the day goes on .:classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Strange !! Just tried it and it's running fine . 

Click on the link it shows the ground , then hit play to get to the statute and play again 

for the actual film of the ground .

Never mind  and thanks for putting the photo of the ground Graham .:classic_smile:

PS Hope your feeling better as the day goes on .:classic_smile:

Just did it again and it worked.

It must be a symptom of my illness or I'm just dozy.🤫🤧

Thanks for promoting our fantastic football ground.

Just need to go to Specsavers to see some good football.😇

• Haha 1

Talking about PC words, am I the only person who does not know the current acceptable way  of describing people who appear not to be of European origin?  Can't think of another way to phrase this.  

Just when I think there is a word I am allowed to use out loud, I find it has become unPC.

I don't want anyone to put any actual words down, just wondering why it changes so often, and one can get caught out, as some well known figures have been recently.  Is there  regular publication somewhere of what is acceptable?

• Like 2

There is one PC word to describe all people who are not English by birth or inclination.

Foreigners

😉

Foreigners may declare that the English can also be considered  foreigners.  How this be can be true, because Foreigners are not English and the English are the only people who can make the final decision as to who is, or not, a Foreigner.

6 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Has a a anybody else been asked been asked to take part in a test for  antibodies.

I was selected at random to do a test mailed to me a few weeks ago has part of a national survey, my result was negative I had no antibodies to the vjrus.

My wife was selected for an antigen test about 6 weeks ago, quite simple to follow when the kit comes through, no swabs as this is a blood testing process.

Had some good news today, my brother’s step daughters who live in the South of England both had positive tests about 2.5 weeks ago, the youngest in her mid 30s was quite ill as she has asthma, had one blue light trip to hospital, but was not kept in as not deemed serious. She is now recovered thankfully, her sister only showed very mild symptoms so was able to keep going although had to isolate for 14 days. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Talking about PC words, am I the only person who does not know the current acceptable way  of describing people who appear not to be of European origin?  Can't think of another way to phrase this.  

Just when I think there is a word I am allowed to use out loud, I find it has become unPC.

I don't want anyone to put any actual words down, just wondering why it changes so often, and one can get caught out, as some well known figures have been recently.  Is there  regular publication somewhere of what is acceptable?

I think the politically correct answer, though it might upset some, is to try if at all possible to avoid any references at all to countries or continents of origin.

Far safer all round, and since we’re all the same anyway, often with very similar places of origin in our historical backgrounds, it doesn’t really matter anyway.

I don’t think there is a single term that can easily be used safely. Interesting question though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife was selected for an antigen test about 6 weeks ago, quite simple to follow when the kit comes through, no swabs as this is a blood testing process.

Had some good news today, my brother’s step daughters who live in the South of England both had positive tests about 2.5 weeks ago, the youngest in her mid 30s was quite ill as she has asthma, had one blue light trip to hospital, but was not kept in as not deemed serious. She is now recovered thankfully, her sister only showed very mild symptoms so was able to keep going although had to isolate for 14 days. 

Pleased to hear both the young ladys are now recovered :classic_smile:

23 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Good to hear that they are on the mend.

What is up with some people ?

This evening just before dusk, I noticed a middle  aged man walking down our street on 

the opposite side to my house, nothing new there .

What he did next made me think "what planet is he on ?"

Smack bang outside a pensioners gate he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks , bending 

his body back ,then coming forwards as if he was headbutting an invisible opponent.

At this point letting go a very loud and powerful sneeze.Then carried on his merry way again .

No attempt to catch it in his arm or use a tissue if he had one.

I thank the government for the public TV adverts ,Hands,face and space  but maybe now 

would be a good time to bring back some of the old adverts I grew up with .

It seems some people have learnt nothing when it comes to germs and covid :classic_sad:

Thing is he is not on his own .

download.jpg.d66cf61b124432de802cc3acb8558867.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

Just learnt that my grandaughter was sent home from school yesterday as someone in her class has tested positive for Covid. Fingers crossed she hasn't caught it. 

Hope she is ok, fingers crossed for her :classic_smile:

Have just checked out on here - been a long week and I seem to have missed so much after just a few days. Much love and best wishes to all of you who feel unwell, have results pending or who have friends and relatives affected.

Someone (sorry can't remember who) is worried that a child's class has been told to stay at home. Try not to worry too much - just one positive case in a class of 30 or group of 60 can mean they all stay at home to err on the side of caution. This has become increasingly common in schools now as a precuation so better to keep them all safe 🙂

Take care my CC buddies X

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

Have just checked out on here - been a long week and I seem to have missed so much after just a few days. Much love and best wishes to all of you who feel unwell, have results pending or who have friends and relatives affected.

Someone (sorry can't remember who) is worried that a child's class has been told to stay at home. Try not to worry too much - just one positive case in a class of 30 or group of 60 can mean they all stay at home to err on the side of caution. This has become increasingly common in schools now as a precuation so better to keep them all and everyone else safe 🙂

Take care my CC buddies X

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Just learnt that my grandaughter was sent home from school yesterday as someone in her class has tested positive for Covid. Fingers crossed she hasn't caught it. 

See my message below - try not to worry too much

7 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Is it just me, or does that actually sound a lot worse now?!!!  😇

Of course it does. All those stars do is put a flashing light over the word to bring your attention to it. I notice Scunthorpe is still there in all it's glory so there's hope yet.  Excuse me now, I must make sure my ankles aren't showing😊

Avril

• Like 1