P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sounds like a good day to settle down and watch a film on TV .

Cool Runnings maybe ? :classic_unsure: :classic_wink:

Thanks for reminding me. The last couple of cruises we have done from Barbados on Britannia, we have taken the Friday flight option. Saturday on Cool runnings catamaran cruise. Snorkeling, swim with the turtles, BBQ lunch, rum , swim to sandy lane beach to the horror of the hotel guests, rum, sail along the coast, rum. Return to the ship just as the folks who had the Saturday flight are emerging from the tin shed. Not that We miss it you understand🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

At less than £5 per household a month, I'd say that is more than decent value!

Depends how much time you have, I suppose. Freeview+Humax provides us with more than enough to watch, including most films with a bit of a wait. We use Netflix only very occasionally.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thanks for reminding me. The last couple of cruises we have done from Barbados on Britannia, we have taken the Friday flight option. Saturday on Cool runnings catamaran cruise. Snorkeling, swim with the turtles, BBQ lunch, rum , swim to sandy lane beach to the horror of the hotel guests, rum, sail along the coast, rum. Return to the ship just as the folks who had the Saturday flight are emerging from the tin shed. Not that We miss it you understand🤔

Have another rum , take away the painful memories :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just to be clear, Netflix is nothing like Sky. Only £9.99 a month, and no contract, only a month in advance, so easy to cancel .

I don't know much about Netflix, but I've had Sky since 1991 and eveything we enjoy watching is on there. 

Avril

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Too expensive and too contractual for us.

When we joined Sky (1991) there were no long contracts then, just month to month and so the new contracts didn't affect us, only new subscibers, we're still monthly. We also have a good deal with them too, so we're happy. Each to their own I guess.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know much about Netflix, but I've had Sky since 1991 and eveything we enjoy watching is on there. 

Avril

I am with you there as well Avril.

Back at the start of satellite TV I thought how stupid it was to pay so much for what I thought was so inferior to terrestrial TV.  How times have changed since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I am with you there as well Avril.

Back at the start of satellite TV I thought how stupid it was to pay so much for what I thought was so inferior to terrestrial TV.  How times have changed since then.

But, Sport apart, what’s the big deal with Sky as against all the free channels on Freeview, given the huge yearly cost?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Too expensive and too contractual for us.

I agree. We used to have Sky many years ago, but we are not great football fans and decided it really was a waste of money. We have managed very happily with Freeview and a Humax box until the last year. The need to buy so much more online meant that (unfortunately) Amazon Prime made sense and we have enjoyed watching quite a few films  and other programmes through that.

• Like 1

Just watched The Dig. Good Sunday entertainment,  after a roast dinner and a glass of wine, with not a swear word to be heard.

As a NE  Essex boy from the 50s,  I'm still not convinced by the accents. Not quite on the money - perhaps the dialect coaches should have incorporated a bit of the Singing Postman into the film.

All together now: "Can you go - No! "  From the hit record "Playing Dommies in the Bar".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Just watched The Dig. Good Sunday entertainment,  after a roast dinner and a glass of wine, with not a swear word to be heard.

As a NE  Essex boy from the 50s,  I'm still not convinced by the accents. Not quite on the money - perhaps the dialect coaches should have incorporated a bit of the Singing Postman into the film.

All together now: "Can you go - No! "  From the hit record "Playing Dommies in the Bar".

Just what we said, a nice Sunday afternoon film. 

We also watched  The Dig this afternoon after our early dinner today, it was nice to watch a film with no swearing in .

went down to the beach hut this morning just to make sure everything was ok since I hadn’t been down for about 6 weeks, the sea was really rough and huge waves and lots of surfing going on , it’s been very cold but it was dry this morning so a bit of sea air done us good 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Three very different accents there!

NE Essex of the 50s quite different from the Suffolk accent Basil Brown would have had. You really couldn’t get closer, and I know both accents very well, having lived in both places.

Hev you got a loit, bor? 😆