P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just back from this morning's Vaccine Hub shift.  We were told when we started today that it was now compulsory  to wear both mask and shield.  Yesterday it was a Pfizer clinic so they offered LFTs because the attendees had to wait 15 after being vaccinated and they found 3 positive cases all with NO symptoms.

Take care everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Just back from this morning's Vaccine Hub shift.  We were told when we started today that it was now compulsory  to wear both mask and shield.  Yesterday it was a Pfizer clinic so they offered LFTs because the attendees had to wait 15 after being vaccinated and they found 3 positive cases all with NO symptoms.

Take care everyone.

That’s a bit concerning. Stay safe Josy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I saw Berrettini play at Wimbledon in 2019 so I’m gunning for him today. I’ll remain neutral for the rest of the day but I’ll be thinking of you Beckett! 

I've never seen Berrettini play Ardennais but purely because he's so very handsome I'm joining you. As for the rest of the day's sport I can't eat, I can't settle, and I've been a pack of nerves since I woke up. Ridiculous really. As Bill Shankly, the late, great manager of Liverpool once famously said 

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you, it is much much more important than that" Jane.x

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Take care everyone.

Extremely worrying Josy. You take care of yourself. Jane.x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Take care everyone.

Oh dear.Take care and thank you for all you do

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning hope everyone's Ok ,I thought I would do a quick morning post.:classic_smile:
This week has been a busy but fruitful week .Mr tax man has gave me a couple of

grand back which makes me happy .Also whilst renewing our car insurance I decided 
to ring them up and remove our employment status from the policy and they gave us

a fair price reduction ,so looks like I have the  Midas touch this week. Check your policy

guys ,don't be paying for something you do not do anymore .

And back to today 
Can you believe it, fifty five years I've waited and it's finally happened. They did it!! They

actually  did it, I still can't believe it! The council have filled the pothole in  our  street. :classic_ohmy:
Three Lions on my shirt ?  Never again ! That’s the last time I get out of my car at Longleat!!
My friend who lives up Scotland has got the right hump on with Sports Direct all because 
they won't exchange his Denmark shirt for an Italian one ,I never knew his hobby was

collecting football shirts . :classic_unsure:  Well fingers crossed and with a bit of luck we can win this
match but if not I'm still proud of where the lads have got to, but I don't like losing !
So to avoid this I think I may put a £1 bet on Italy ,that way, one way or another come 
Monday I will be a winner .I will have never been so happy to lose a £1 though ! :classic_wink:
Whether you like football or not whatever you're doing  today , have a good one and 
stay safe everyone  ! :classic_love:

Great news on several fronts Kalos.

Nice post,I don't check in so often since you stopped your morning cheer us all up posts.

Graham.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news on several fronts Kalos.

Nice post,I don't check in so often since you stopped your morning cheer us all up posts.

Graham.

We are busy with things like new laminate flooring ,skirting boards ,medical appointments and a few other financial things that work for me . Glad your keeping  good and seeing your missing the posts I will knock one together in the morning if it keeps you lot happy.:classic_love: Off for a bite to eat , watch  the  Britannia sail out , see the Red Arrows fly over some footie match that's playing tonight :classic_unsure: That's as well as the tennis ,life can be so hectic at times :classic_wink: 

Catch you later take care ! :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We are busy with things like new laminate flooring ,skirting boards ,medical appointments and a few other financial things that work for me . Glad your keeping  good and seeing your missing the posts I will knock one together in the morning if it keeps you lot happy.:classic_love: Off for a bite to eat , watch  the  Britannia sail out , see the Red Arrows fly over some footie match that's playing tonight :classic_unsure: That's as well as the tennis ,life can be so hectic at times :classic_wink: 

Catch you later take care ! :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos.

Take care mate and post when it's convenient for you.

Best wishes.

Graham 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

I've never seen Berrettini play Ardennais but purely because he's so very handsome I'm joining you. As for the rest of the day's sport I can't eat, I can't settle, and I've been a pack of nerves since I woke up. Ridiculous really. As Bill Shankly, the late, great manager of Liverpool once famously said 

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you, it is much much more important than that" Jane.x

Oh well, it wasn’t to be! But you’re right, he’s very handsome! 

• Like 2

I wasn’t terribly impressed with Berrettini’s game two years ago - it was based on raw power compared to Dan Evans and his delightful old-fashioned flair. But he’s developed massively since then and as you say, a very engaging young man. 

I saw England win the World Cup in 66, saw England win the rugby World Cup, and saw Murray (yes i know technically he is Scottish) win Wimbledon twice. 

In the twenty or so years left to me,  will we ever win anything? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I saw England win the World Cup in 66, saw England win the rugby World Cup, and saw Murray (yes i know technically he is Scottish) win Wimbledon twice. 

Probably not, but we are champion losers, with all our experiences we seem to handle it better than most other countries. If Italy had lost their whole nation would have been in tears, and taken weeks to recover, so best that we lose since we can take it.😉🤔😇

• Like 2

Don't know what to say really. I feel totally deflated today.  I know it's only football, and I should get over myself but I am so disappointed. 

Right, moving on, happy Monday everyone. Have a good day and a good week. Keep safe and be well. Jane.x 

• Like 6

PS. Just been listening to the radio and hear about the vile racist abuse our young players have received overnight.  That makes me even sadder than the loss of the game. 

Really am moving on now!

Take care everyone. Jane.x

• Like 11

Good morning I hope you are all OK:classic_smile:

All I can say is, if anyone can remember  a better England team since 1966 ? 
They are a team for the future ..Well done lads I'm still proud of you!
You will be the talk of the factories up and down the country this morning .
Employees like football, managers prefer tennis and CEOs like to play golf.
Have you noticed ...The higher the position the smaller the balls.
Believe it or not I could have turned pro but I got banned from playing football for

10 years for a very bad  tackle. To be fair it was a bit late. He was getting into his

car at the time. I don't think the Mrs is very happy with all the sport programs  I

have been watching lately on TV. I said "it's not that much really"  She looked shocked

as I watched the tennis .. "I guess at least 14  !"she said  ..." No it's 15 love "  I replied .:classic_unsure:

We were watching the women's tennis and  Mrs Kalos said "all these grunting and

sensual groaning sounds during the match is embarrassing and no need for it  " 
I have promised to try and be quiet in the future .:classic_wink:
Until next time ...All of you take care ,keep safe ,catch you later .:classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not to forget our Fi multiple champion, cycling, athletics, boxing, cricket. On the whole I think we do OK.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not to forget our Fi multiple champion, cycling, athletics, boxing, cricket. On the whole I think we do OK.

I think I would leave cycling off the list - too many men delivering envelopes of unspecified substances for my liking!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Lewis Hamilton has managed to win a few world championships, 

• Like 5