P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The problem is that this message is not evident on the NHS app that is being used as proof of vaccination. They will not be allowed to cruise (or do anything else where proof of vaccination is needed) not because they haven’t been vaccinated, but because they can’t offer acceptable proof that they have been. Not Grant Shapps’ fault perhaps, but the message does not reflect the practice. 

It seems clear enough to me, but then again I am one of the uneducated that voted for brexit.

I would presume that some documentation proving you took part in a covid vaccine trial should satisfy even the idiots at P&O.

Edited by terrierjohn

32 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would presume that some documentation proving you took part in a covid vaccine trial should satisfy even the idiots at P&O.

No, P&O have publicly stated that taking part in in the trial is not sufficient. 

Just pure nincompoopery,  and a kick in the teeth for all those brave individuals who helped us get to where we are today. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

No, P&O have publicly stated that taking part in in the trial is not sufficient. 

Just pure nincompoopery,  and a kick in the teeth for all those brave individuals who helped us get to where we are today. 

But P&O have always said they follow govt advice, so I suspect some CS clown has misread the latest guidance, so let's hope it is sorted out quickly.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It seems clear enough to me, but then again I am one of the uneducated that voted for brexit.

John,  I don't blame Grant Shapps or anyone else in the government for this mess. I think that it is a case of " my ship, my rules " and government cannot force any other carrier to accept any particular form of proof of vaccination or to take anyone on their ships.  

We all choose where we spend our money and in the future I will be less inclined to spend my money with any of the Carnival lines.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am not sure what seems clear to you but what is clear to those involved is that the trial vaccinations do not show on the NHS app. Instead, it states the person has not been vaccinated which could explain why they are getting regular phone calls offering vaccination in the NHS rollout. Of course, they cannot be given the NHS vaccinations because studies on mixing vaccines have not yet concluded.

Documentation from the vaccine trials is given to each participant but it is deemed insufficient to be accepted as proof - presumably it could easily be copied, ditto the recent letter from Jonathan Van Tam apologising for this situation.

I am not sure why you mentioned Brexit as this has nothing to do with it, nor has party politics, it is an entirely UK administrative situation about the NHS app that does not accept input of vaccinations that are still awaiting official approval. Why it is taking so long to solve is anybody’s guess.

I hope this assists in providing greater clarity.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

John,  I don't blame Grant Shapps or anyone else in the government for this mess. I think that it is a case of " my ship, my rules " and government cannot force any other carrier to accept any particular form of proof of vaccination or to take anyone on their ships.  

We all choose where we spend our money and in the future I will be less inclined to spend my money with any of the Carnival lines.

Hopefully someone at Carnival will see the error of their ways and this farcical situation will be resolved favourably for you.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Because P&O are following their own rules, contrary to government advice. I agree, the argument is against P&O,  not  the government. 

But that will spoil a good few rants. Cocktails, it seems have gone up a quid. Government incompoopery.

39 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Hopefully someone at Carnival will see the error of their ways and this farcical situation will be resolved favourably for you.

I don’t think it is just Carnival. In the absence of a Covid passport which many have called for, the NHS app seems to be the logical certification source that the travel and sectors of the leisure industry are being encouraged to use. This seems sensible (those who don’t have the app can apply for a paper version of their status). The problem is that the information has to be correct, and at the moment it is not, because it does not take official government advice about vaccine trials into account. 
The transport secretary this morning talked about similar apps existing in EU and other countries being used to prove vaccination status when overseas visitors from amber list counties are allowed come to UK once again.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

I would have thought it was common sense that if you were part of a vaccine trial and were not given the placebo you were vaccinated. If the vaccine is now an approved one what is the problem, doh!

The problem is there is a lack of IT skills to mod the NHA apps and apparently they now want to 'desensitise' the test and trace app, presumably missing a load of COVID cases in the process, so that is where the IT effort is going?

Solve it with a personal letter from a 'certain person', no charge though 😉

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The problem is there is a lack of IT skills to mod the NHA apps and apparently they now want to 'desensitise' the test and trace app, presumably missing a load of COVID cases in the process, so that is where the IT effort is going?

Meanwhile, there’s another great new plan to desensitise all the high rise fire alarms with the aim of avoiding another Grenfell Tower disaster.

Rumours that it originated from Dido Harding are being vehemently denied.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I would have thought it was common sense that if you were part of a vaccine trial and were not given the placebo you were vaccinated. If the vaccine is now an approved one what is the problem, doh!

The problem is there is a lack of IT skills to mod the NHA apps and apparently they now want to 'desensitise' the test and trace app, presumably missing a load of COVID cases in the process, so that is where the IT effort is going?

Solve it with a personal letter from a 'certain person', no charge though 😉

Yes it is common sense, but it is one thing knowing you have been vaccinated with a vaccine that has not yet officially been certified (but which has been shown to work well and be safe) and an entirely different thing being able to prove it to a third party in order to be allowed on a cruise ship, aeroplane etc. The problem is that the app does not adhere to official guidance and advice that was quoted here yesterday and needs to.

• Like 1

I just received the following reply from P&O as a result of my email to Paul Ludlow :

Fw: Discriminatory Treatment against people who have taken part in Covid Vaccine trials 

Executive Corresponde...

Dear Josephine Thank you for your recent email to Paul Ludlow, President here at P&O Cruises. Mr Ludlow has taken note of your comments and asked that we investigate and come back to you once this has been completed. We shall be in contact in due course. Thank you. Kind regards, Kelly Email: executive.correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com Web: www.pocruises.com | www.cunard.com Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton S015 1ST

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I didn’t  actually write to Paul Ludlow, I copied him and his higher ups on the email to my MP but it seems that it has woken him up.

I don’t suppose it will have the same effect on your MP. 😇

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Definitely won't, dear Jack doesn't represent those of us live in this part of his constituency.🙈🙉🙊

Hi Josy this was in an email I received today from P&O 

Vaccine trials: Guests who have participated in an official UK Vaccine Trial 
We will accept the official letter distributed to all participants confirming Vaccine Trial status. 

Armed Forces: We will accept documented record of vaccination from the armed forces.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Josy this was in an email I received today from P&O 

Vaccine trials: Guests who have participated in an official UK Vaccine Trial 
We will accept the official letter distributed to all participants confirming Vaccine Trial status. 

Armed Forces: We will accept documented record of vaccination from the armed forces.

Sense at last.  Thanks for posting.

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, bit of a long journey (M6 say no more!) but we have arrived and settled into our apartment! I’m loving my balcony already 😊

5098D9C4-B1D7-4827-9998-BE9E207ADF7D.jpeg

CCE22EAF-347A-4629-97B0-8C2BA432DAAF.jpeg

Looks lovely, enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, bit of a long journey (M6 say no more!) but we have arrived and settled into our apartment! I’m loving my balcony already 😊

5098D9C4-B1D7-4827-9998-BE9E207ADF7D.jpeg

CCE22EAF-347A-4629-97B0-8C2BA432DAAF.jpeg

Nice balcony.

Nice smile on your face too.

Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Graham.

• Like 2