P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,hope everyones good this morning . It's a bit cooler this morning (14.c)
than it has been compared to some of the past mornings .Wow wasn't it hot during the week?

I fried an egg on a car bonnet the other day which taught me two things
(1) It really was  hot enough to fry an egg on a car bonnet (2) The neighbours get really annoyed when you drop eggs on their car.:classic_unsure:
I hope none of you have been out "Ping /panic " buying this week ?  It's not as bad as the papers make out. I did a quick tour of our Supermarkets supposedly running low on stock......
Sainsbury’s hadn't got any sprouts . Tesco was a bit low on  beans. Asda had ran out of fresh cheesecake  and Aldi hadn't got any  petrol generators and deep sea diving suits and was very

low on WD40 spray.:classic_mellow:
Anyone else ever get that feeling your different to other people ?
I'm not saying I'm lonely and have no friends but I'm I the only person in the country that hasn't

been pinged ?:classic_unsure:
It was nice to see a healthy interest in Formula one racing on these boards, it's great to see

man and machine taken to the limits in his race car. I suppose you all knew that race car is a

race car spelt backwards  anyway and I can just sense you are all now protesting .....

"We Want A Formula One Joke "...When do we want it ...NEOOowwwwww ! :classic_wink:
It's nice to see we are getting a bit of warning for our "pop " passports for night clubs and

other big events . How many passports do we actually need to live in England these days ? :classic_unsure:

Life was so simple in my nightclub days providing you had a decent pair of shoes ,a jacket ,

a proper shirt ,tie trousers ,decent haircut and a face a bouncer could like.. you could get in the nightclub no problem ! Non of this passport malarkey . The only problem I remember was that if you clicked with a lady , you just hoped that her favourite drink was half a lager at those
nightclub prices .I'm so glad my nightclub days are behind me now. :classic_smile: Looking forward ,it's

nice to see some pop festivals will go ahead this year but some are still having a few problems. The organizers of the Devon and Cornwall music festival have been arguing over the first act on the main stage. They can't decide whether It should be Cream or The Jam.:classic_wink:

Time to chill out in our garden so I will wish you all a pleasant and safe day .

Take care everyone .:classic_love:

Morning Kalos, that cheered me up on this cloudy cooler morning.
It’s been way too hot so glad it’s a bit cooler today, still meant to get to 23 degrees here which is just perfect.

We have a busy few days ahead, four grandchildren coming to stay for three nights, it will be tiring.

Going on a helicopter flight later today with them( belated Xmas pressie) then Pizza Express for tea then Monday booked to go see a show in Blackpool with a meal. Hope it’s going to stay warmish so we can get on the beach.

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Going on a helicopter flight later today with them

You are sooo brave😀 

Have a great time.  Hope the kids really enjoy it!

Kalos..  as said above, thanks again for the morning laugh.. it really does work for us all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,hope everyones good this morning . It's a bit cooler this morning (14.c)
than it has been compared to some of the past mornings .Wow wasn't it hot during the week?

I fried an egg on a car bonnet the other day which taught me two things
(1) It really was  hot enough to fry an egg on a car bonnet (2) The neighbours get really annoyed when you drop eggs on their car.:classic_unsure:
I hope none of you have been out "Ping /panic " buying this week ?  It's not as bad as the papers make out. I did a quick tour of our Supermarkets supposedly running low on stock......
Sainsbury’s hadn't got any sprouts . Tesco was a bit low on  beans. Asda had ran out of fresh cheesecake  and Aldi hadn't got any  petrol generators and deep sea diving suits and was very

low on WD40 spray.:classic_mellow:
Anyone else ever get that feeling your different to other people ?
I'm not saying I'm lonely and have no friends but I'm I the only person in the country that hasn't

been pinged ?:classic_unsure:
It was nice to see a healthy interest in Formula one racing on these boards, it's great to see

man and machine taken to the limits in his race car. I suppose you all knew that race car is a

race car spelt backwards  anyway and I can just sense you are all now protesting .....

"We Want A Formula One Joke "...When do we want it ...NEOOowwwwww ! :classic_wink:
It's nice to see we are getting a bit of warning for our "pop " passports for night clubs and

other big events . How many passports do we actually need to live in England these days ? :classic_unsure:

Life was so simple in my nightclub days providing you had a decent pair of shoes ,a jacket ,

a proper shirt ,tie trousers ,decent haircut and a face a bouncer could like.. you could get in the nightclub no problem ! Non of this passport malarkey . The only problem I remember was that if you clicked with a lady , you just hoped that her favourite drink was half a lager at those
nightclub prices .I'm so glad my nightclub days are behind me now. :classic_smile: Looking forward ,it's

nice to see some pop festivals will go ahead this year but some are still having a few problems. The organizers of the Devon and Cornwall music festival have been arguing over the first act on the main stage. They can't decide whether It should be Cream or The Jam.:classic_wink:

Time to chill out in our garden so I will wish you all a pleasant and safe day .

Take care everyone .:classic_love:

Thank you Kalos for a bright start to the day 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

Turbot for £55 for two is a bargain! 

It wasn't technically for 2 they just shared it as with rockfish you get unlimited fries. Didn't look as horrible as the plaice but not far off🤣🤣

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

It wasn't technically for 2 they just shared it as with rockfish you get unlimited fries. Didn't look as horrible as the plaice but not far off🤣🤣

Monkfish wins the ugly prize but I don't eat the head,lol.

22 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been 23°F and sunny today.

We have been at South Shields beach today.

Beach shelter in our teams colours too.

Graham.

IMG_20210723_154336.jpg

IMG_20210723_150349.jpg

IMG_20210723_150411.jpg

IMG_20210723_150806.jpg

IMG_20210723_150237.jpg

Didn't know you were a glamper Graham.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning Kalos, that cheered me up on this cloudy cooler morning.
It’s been way too hot so glad it’s a bit cooler today, still meant to get to 23 degrees here which is just perfect.

We have a busy few days ahead, four grandchildren coming to stay for three nights, it will be tiring.

Going on a helicopter flight later today with them( belated Xmas pressie) then Pizza Express for tea then Monday booked to go see a show in Blackpool with a meal. Hope it’s going to stay warmish so we can get on the beach.

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay safe

Michelle

Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned Michelle.

Best wishes 

Graham.

It has been a lot cooler today.

18°C and mainly sunny.

We spent 6 hours at the beach today.

We had salmon and Prawn sandwiches, crisps,cakes and  yoghurt in our picnic.

Tui Explorer 2 is due to leave North Shields at 6pm tonight.

Stay safe everyone and wear your mask.

Graham.

IMG_20210724_132630.jpg

IMG_20210724_132747.jpg

IMG_20210724_141129.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

18°C and mainly sunny.

Graham.

IMG_20210724_132630.jpg

IMG_20210724_132747.jpg

IMG_20210724_141129.jpg

Glad to know you’re finding time to sit on the beach and have a picnic graham, better Than sitting in your car eating McDonald’s looking out to sea , looks very nice 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:38 PM, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just sent me some lovely photos of her and her friend's daughters taken on their last day at primary school this week along with a photo of them together on their first day at school. 

I had forgotten that the girls were born on the same day to 2 nurses who had met as students and became best friends as well as colleagues in the same department at our local hospital after graduating together. The girls will be going to the same high school in September, hopefully continuing their friendship there.

That’s so lovely Josy.

Spent part of the day trying to get UPS to track down where they delivered my parcel,to yesterday afternoon, it wasn’t to our house. They tried to say he left it in safe place in porch, but when I told them that we don’t have a porch and neither the video doorbell or the security camera recorded anyone dropping off a parcel yesterday afternoon. Then tried to say the tracking number was incorrect, but it was one given to be in 2 emails from supplier. 

I contacted supplier who has now raised a complaint against UPS, see what tomorrow or Monday brings. 

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

18°C and mainly sunny.

Graham.

IMG_20210724_132630.jpg

IMG_20210724_132747.jpg

IMG_20210724_141129.jpg

Your photos are great and you look very happy. But it would be my idea of hell! Don’t like hot weather, don’t like beaches, don’t like sitting on the ground without proper seating and my husband and I would have gone stir crazy in 6 minutes let alone 6 hours! I like your idea of sitting in the car better - I could cope with that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Your photos are great and you look very happy. But it would be my idea of hell! Don’t like hot weather, don’t like beaches, don’t like sitting on the ground without proper seating and my husband and I would have gone stir crazy in 6 minutes let alone 6 hours! I like your idea of sitting in the car better - I could cope with that. 

I can understand that to a certain extent, but lying on a sun bed,  under a straw sunshade, with a warm blue tropical sea lapping your feet, and sticking a flag in the sand when you want another ice cold beer,  does have an appeal! 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Yeah but the aircon unit and minibar are just out of shot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Morning

I've been wide awake since 4am so I watched Britannia sailing into Southampton, bringing Zap home.

Our little Grandson will be arriving here like a mini hurricane in 5 minutes, I hope he takes it easy on his very tired Nanny this morning.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

I've been wide awake since 4am so I watched Britannia sailing into Southampton, bringing Zap home.

Our little Grandson will be arriving here like a mini hurricane in 5 minutes, I hope he takes it easy on his very tired Nanny this morning.

We are still onboard. Having a Costa coffee. They said we could go about an hour ago, but we are staying. We are back on in 2 weeks, so hardly seems worth going all the way up the M3 and then all the way back again. We may stowaway.🤔

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are still onboard. Having a Costa coffee. They said we could go about an hour ago, but we are staying. We are back on in 2 weeks, so hardly seems worth going all the way up the M3 and then all the way back again. We may stowaway.🤔

Stay on Zapp.. 

Chuck a rope over the side and I will join you...😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me 😊

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Hide in the library: we'll sneak you in some coffee and pastries later

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning

I hope you have had a lovely day Sarah.

Screenshot_20210725_175554.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have had a lovely day Sarah.

Screenshot_20210725_175554.jpg

Thank you we did, and the little one was a total Grandad’s boy Saturday & Sunday, so my hubby got to do much of the running around 😁 

• Like 2

I gave in and bought a tiny fold up mobility scooter which folds to airport hand luggage size, with a trolley handle, to use occasionally on our Staycation in September and for days out... then we read that we could only take it if we had an accessible cabin, which we haven't.

We were a bit upset because it isn't the prettiest of things, quite ugly in fact, but did what we wanted it for and the folded size was good.  It was bought mainly for future cruises and days out.  But if it was just days out we would have bought a different model.

I just happened to glance at P and O welfare questionnaire  again today and we were wrong.  We can use it in the type of cabin we have.   I don't know why I looked at the papers again, we were both sure it was a no to taking it.

So the moral is, read everything once, then again to make sure.   Feel better about it all now!

• Like 12

My mother bought one that folds is able to fold up to the size of a suitcase for days out, etc. It is heavy and awkward to get into the boot of my car. She isn't really happy with it as it doesn't like uneven surfaces, even ridges where carpets join, so is not taking it on our cruise, instead opting to take her folding wheelchair. The plus side for me is that when she used a wheelchair on our 14 night Caribbean cruise I didn't put on even a pound in weight😁

I hope you get on well with yours and enjoy your cruise and it enables you to enjoy days out.

• Like 2