Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He waited a week and a half after the flu shot.  They said they give the vaccines together but I wouldn’t take that chance.

My primary care doctor said to take them 2 weeks apart.I have to wait for my wife to heal because if I have a negative reaction she will not be able to help me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

When was that?  Good to know the chain Pharmacies are giving them out.  I was not sure if Moderna was offered right now.  I know Pfizer was recently approved.  

We are both in the "golden oldies" as being over 65.  

He got it this morning.  No lines, nothing like our first two shots.  We were in and out after the 15 minute wait.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Will be thinking of you and Jim on Monday.  Please let us all know how the surgery goes.  

I'm always amazed how quick they have people up and walking after knee and hip replacements.   He will be doing laps before you know it😀

Thank you, Debbie.  I certainly will let you know.  I'd love to see Jim do laps! LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He waited a week and a half after the flu shot.  They said they give the vaccines together but I wouldn’t take that chance.

Nor would I.  I'll get my flu shot in about a week or two, then I'll be getting my second Shingrex shot around November/December.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife and I officially met in 1965 but unofficially in 1962.We were both working for the same company but on different floors and aside from saying hello in the elevator had no communication.

I’m glad she’s home and you’re together again. Your history goes back a long way, too. 

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Will be thinking of you and Jim on Monday.  Please let us all know how the surgery goes.  

I'm always amazed how quick they have people up and walking after knee and hip replacements.   He will be doing laps before you know it😀

I visited my friend in the hospital two days after her replacement surgery. 
She walked across the room and shut the door…no cane, no crutch…no limp!!!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I visited my friend in the hospital two days after her replacement surgery. 
She walked across the room and shut the door…no cane, no crutch…no limp!!!

That's great!  My neighbor had both knees replaced in the last year spaced out a couple months apart and she is doing very well.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim had his Covid test today.  He must've passed, since the hospital called with the time he is to check in on Monday for his knee replacement surgery.  He's waited a long time for this.  He would've gone last year, but with the Covid so prevalent, he was hesitant to go into the hospital at that time.  After getting home from Naples this past May, we thought he would've been scheduled sometime around July, but that didn't happen.  Better late than never!

Good luck on Monday and a fast healing to Jim!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did anyone see the Miracle House in Palma?    

https://weather.com/news/video/miracle-house-survives-la-palma-lava-flow?par=samsung_widget

Shame to hear about all the other houses but amazing to see this one house untouched.

We did see that and it is absolutely amazing. :classic_smile: And then our next thought was about their inability to access their home, except eventually by helicopter. :classic_smile: And then our third thought was what happens with your insurance, when your house is not destroyed but you can no longer live there? :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Jim had his Covid test today.  He must've passed, since the hospital called with the time he is to check in on Monday for his knee replacement surgery.  He's waited a long time for this.  He would've gone last year, but with the Covid so prevalent, he was hesitant to go into the hospital at that time.  After getting home from Naples this past May, we thought he would've been scheduled sometime around July, but that didn't happen.  Better late than never!

Best wishes for a successful knee surgery on Monday for Jim.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wouldn't want to do both shots at same time either.

9 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My primary care doctor said to take them 2 weeks apart. I have to wait for my wife to heal because if I have a negative reaction she will not be able to help me.

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Nor would I.  I'll get my flu shot in about a week or two.  

I've received a generic email that I'm due to the flu shot. It says specifically that you can get it together with the 3rd shot....

Still, I also would have left some "space" between the 2 shots.... [I got the 3rd shot 6 weeks ago].

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've received a generic email that I'm due to the flu shot. It says specifically that you can get it together with the 3rd shot....

Still, I also would have left some "space" between the 2 shots.... [I got the 3rd shot 6 weeks ago].

I got my booster on Sunday and my flu shot on Thursday.  I had them do different arms.  After the booster my arm was sore and I felt a little tired for a couple days.  The flu shot just gave me a sore arm.  I would have waited for the flu shot but I was in Walgreens to get my cat's insulin, it wasn't busy for once so just got the shot.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Best of luck and speedy recovery to Jim!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I am done with the flu shot.

Not eligible for the third shot yet. I got a similar generic email from CVS too to schedule both together. I asked about the details. Was told that it is not a booster (especially Moderna), but it is jab # 3 of dose # 2 of the vaccine and eligibility currently is certain groups over 65. OK I will have to wait.

I was also told that an actual "booster" will be coming out which is able to fight future mutations.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Andrew,😭 I lost your Alaska cruise review link. Would you post it for again, pretty please?

Yes I can.  Here it is and I am glad to see it has come back around. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1