Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love Megan's Bay. We were lucky the time we went it wasn't crowded. I know what you mean about voices carrying. Nothing kills a great beach chill day than a bunch of loud drunk people.

A story we can all relate too. One time when we sailed on Adventure, there was this newly wed couple. The guy had this really loud obnoxious voice that sounded like Gilbert Gottfried. We were at this beach and he kept talking to his new wife in this really loud voice about everything. He wouldn't shut up. She would be on the beach and he in the water yelling his conversation to her. She looked over to us and apologized he was so loud. Comes out they ended up sitting next to us at diner the next night, same thing. Then two days later we are the beach and sure enough there they were. I thought I was cursed.

I see you have the same luck Eric and I have.    Sometimes I feel like I am magnet for them because I will talk to just about anybody till they get loud and annoying.  

Our last cruise on Serenade in 2020 we met this nice couple at murder mystery diner in Giovanni's and I kept running into the girl everywhere and I believe she was drunk every time I saw her.     The one time I held her hair as she threw up over the balcony (I was ready to run but couldn't leave her like that).    Luckily a crew member and 2 officers walked by and asked to help.    We all got her back to her cabin.    Saw her and her hubby the next day and he was asking me what happened as she didn't remember most of it.    guess they were taking full advantage of the DBP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It has been very windy here.  Eric is working from home today and told me a large branch from our maple tree split in half and just missed hitting our shed roof.

Debbie, are you at home, or at LBI?  It'd been breezy here in Forked River most of the day;  rain just started about 15 minutes ago here...pouring rain, lightening,  and thunder shaking the house.

32 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I spent two weeks there in May 2019.  I think I went to the restaurant 4 times.  The steaks are really quite good.  They offer a local limousine service.  If you are within a certain radius, you make a reservation and book a ride in the limo and they'll pick you up and drop you off in one of these great big stretch limo's with bull horns on them. No cost, just tips.

261217847_ScreenShot2021-09-23at2_04_42PM.thumb.png.7e2fad8c4bd5a0113861bff4f22fcc74.png

The limo driver told me that about 1 in 10 who attempt the 72ox challenge actually succeed.  The grand champion is a woman who is a slight 120 lbs and she devoured 3 steaks in 20 minutes... including sides.  I didn't believe him but looked it up and sure enough, it was true.

]https://www.huffpost.com/entry/molly-schuyler-steak-dinners-record-20-minutes_n_7097946

Did that limo take Molly straight to the ER ?  Her cardiologist must have been on standby.

Unless I misunderstood, she ate 216 ounces = 13.5 lbs of steak in 20 minutes?  I could eat three shrimp cocktails and 3 salads but that's about it for me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Did that limo take Molly straight to the ER ?  Her cardiologist must have been on standby.

Unless I misunderstood, she ate 216 ounces = 13.5 lbs of steak in 20 minutes?  I could eat three shrimp cocktails and 3 salads but that's about it for me.

There is a slim guy who wins the hot dog contest at Coney Island every year normally 60 something dogs, my brother in law finished a 50 once steak at traildust in Dallas and he is slim .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

1 minute ago, George C said:

There is a slim guy who wins the hot dog contest at Coney Island every year normally 60 something dogs, my brother in law finished a 50 once steak at traildust in Dallas and he is slim .

I'm a big fella and I can't even imagine trying...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That might be our first and last visit to Magens Bay. It was a perfectly fine, beautiful, Caribbean beach. We just prefer going to Dinghy’s on Honeymoon beach when in St Thomas. It’s a short water taxi ride there from Crown Bay. Free chairs/umbrellas with purchase of food/drinks, which we happily buy. We also typically rent snorkel gear. The only issue there is that party boats will drop 100+ people there for an hour as part of the excursion.  

Yup, that is usually our go to beach.  Honeymoon beach on the first water taxi.  Great fish sandwiches at the "shack" to the far right as you walk in.  Not as popular at that end due to the rocky beach...but works for us.  😉   Then...when too many tours come in....out we go!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, are you at home, or at LBI?  It'd been breezy here in Forked River most of the day;  rain just started about 15 minutes ago here...pouring rain, lightening,  and thunder shaking the house.

I am at home in PA.     We go back to LBI on Oct. 5th   The storm moved thru pretty quick for us.    

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Pat, since yesterday was the 22nd, did you find out about your staterooms on the new Wonder, since the Allure has been cancelled on you?  

Nope.   But I am happy, (as are other suite dwellers) that RCI has seen fit to block off the limited suite cabins to new bookings.  I may just have a chance after all.  😉 

Supposedly, RCI will transfer us by 10/13.  You will need to call me "blue girl" as I am holding my breath until I am assigned my new cabin for the B2B2B.  😮   

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, George C said:

I have no idea how anyone can eat 60 hotdogs.

I remember seeing on the news a couple years ago this petite woman probably 100 +/- pounds that ate something like 500 wings at a contest - OMG!

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The limo driver told me that about 1 in 10 who attempt the 72ox challenge actually succeed.  The grand champion is a woman who is a slight 120 lbs and she devoured 3 steaks in 20 minutes... including sides.  I didn't believe him but looked it up and sure enough, it was true.

]https://www.huffpost.com/entry/molly-schuyler-steak-dinners-record-20-minutes_n_7097946

Thats is crazy. I don’t know how she does it. 

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thats is crazy. I don’t know how she does it. 

I think every night I went I had a 16 oz Ribeye.  The last night before leaving Amarillo I decided to do 24 oz.  That's 1/3 the size of the one of the three she ate.

I thought I was going into a coma as I lied in bed that night.

She clearly has some sort of physiological distortion.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Originally they were saying it was going to rain heavy into the evening, but looks like the worst is behind us now.   It sure did pour heavy for a couple of hours.    

Of course I had a pedicure appt in the middle of the heavy rain, but I survived - LOL!

Yes, storms are definitely more intense this year then ever before.    I hope this isn't a sign of what this winter will be like.    

Watching the Phillies, it's pouring down rain there..No idea why they are playing in this...I guess to get 5 innings in and call it a night.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Watching the Phillies, it's pouring down rain there..No idea why they are playing in this...I guess to get 5 innings in and call it a night.

Its rough playing ball in pouring rain so probably will do like you said get 5 in and call it.  Bottom of the 3rd now so not much longer to go

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Back home now after my cataract surgery.

The consultant said everything went well.

Vision is a little hazy but otherwise I'm delighted it is done.

Graham.

I couldn’t like your post, or comment on it, so hours later, I’m trying again. 
I’m glad your cataract surgery is done, no more anticipating it!

I hope you have great vision again in a few days. 

• Thanks 1

Tonight Dick and I celebrated our 60th anniversary at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. 
We can’t eat like we used to, but everything we did eat was delicious. My ribeye was perfect, but I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days!

Lots of leftovers for both of us. 
or I should call them planovers. 

F2A25173-28B0-4614-AD1E-604BA3427487.jpeg

2C9E3B80-2FE4-43C0-B488-FDCBA632B6F0.jpeg

E01AF759-68B9-4918-BEB7-E05BB57EAFB2.jpeg

7A3565CD-37D1-4FCF-A8EC-4F43583B5AAC.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

We can’t eat like we used to, but everything we did eat was delicious. My ribeye was perfect, but I’ll be eating it for the next couple of days!

Congratulations on this wonderful occasion

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

.  The grand champion is a woman who is a slight 120 lbs and she devoured 3 steaks in 20 minutes... including sides.  I didn't believe him but looked it up and sure enough, it was true.

I sure wish I had her metabolism or the tapeworm she must have.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I see you have the same luck Eric and I have.    Sometimes I feel like I am magnet for them because I will talk to just about anybody till they get loud and annoying.  

Our last cruise on Serenade in 2020 we met this nice couple 

Hilarious story. I feel the same as a magnet because I love people and I am very friendly I just don't know why I get the crazy people sometimes.

Another story on the positive side. We were on a 4 x4 rainforest excursion in St. Kitts. At some point Greg of Greg's Tours (who was driving) stopped in this area right by a bar. One of the gentlemen on our tour yells out "Does anyone want a beer?" We said sure and he bought beers for the 10 of us in the jeep. I told everyone "I'm don't know your name but thank you I will refer to you as Santa Claus". Needless to say we kept running into him at several bars doing the cruise and I would always greet him "Hi Santa Claus." He kept buying us drinks. I don't know what he did for a living, where he lived or anything else. He was just a happy go lucky guy that made our cruise very memorable.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, that is usually our go to beach.  Honeymoon beach on the first water taxi.  Great fish sandwiches at the "shack" to the far right as you walk in.  Not as popular at that end due to the rocky beach...but works for us.  😉   Then...when too many tours come in....out we go!

So the key is to go early and then leave in the afternoon?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Congratulations on a wonderful milestone. I love Ruth Chris and it is one of my favorite steak houses even if it is a chain. Their steaks are so consistent. Mine is always perfect every time I go there. I was crushed when the RC closed in Kansas City. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So the key is to go early and then leave in the afternoon?

We stay longer….typically 1 or 2 water taxis before we’d be nervous about missing the ship. If you want to avoid the party boats AND enjoy an empty ship while others are still ashore, then leaving early is a good strategy. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

A bit of a lull in our day at Magic Kingdom, for me anyway.  I found a quiet and cool spot to sit with the munchkin as she takes a stroller snooze..

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There needs to be an adult version of a stroller snooze. 

There actually is one at Magic Kingdom!  It called The Carousel of Progress!  Family knows that when the afternoon heat wave sets in, it’s Dad’s cool nap time.  It’s a 20 minute A/C ride in a comfy seat.  They let me nap unless I start snoring 😴 too loud.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

I once saw the Coney Island hot dog contest on tv.  It turned my stomach.  People were shoving those hot dogs in their mouths like they were starving.  Had to stop watching.  

45 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Anniversary!  What a wonderful milestone and what a beautiful couple you are!

• Like 1