Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't know OB's real name, but I think Ocean Boy is only his made up English name.  I think his real name is Ragazzo dell'Oceano. 😁

I think his real name is "Friend of Swift" LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Tauck is definitely a step above Viking.

I figured that out pretty quickly based on a couple of things.  One...the prices listed on their website. 😲 Two...my friend said that they give you a free hotel night at either the beginning or end of their tour if you've built enough status points with them.  He has a UK tour coming up that ends in London, and they're staying an extra night for free in The Savoy Hotel.  That's worth quite a bit more than some free drinks.

• Like 3

Wishing you very happy and healthy birthday Lenny! We hope you enjoy your party and like H said, I am curious if you will remember the 79 names. I am very happy your scare was just a false alarm. And I do agree with Graham that the sick joke was uncalled for. You do not have to reply to this since we do not want to discuss anyone's first names, and I FOR ONE REALLY REALLY DON'T care what it is. I do not want to know!

I am sad that this thread has really gone south. 😪 

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wishing you very happy and healthy birthday Lenny! We hope you enjoy your party and like H said, I am curious if you will remember the 79 names. I am very happy your scare was just a false alarm. And I do agree with Graham that the sick joke was uncalled for. You do not have to reply to this since we do not want to discuss anyone's first names, and I FOR ONE REALLY REALLY DON'T care what it is. I do not want to know!

I am sad that this thread has really gone south. 😪 

Thank you for your birthday wishes,Arzeena

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ocean Boy

What Deb said.

+1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Wicked, cool picture. 

It would look great in a frame.

Totally.

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I thought it was OB-Wan-Kenobi.

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dinner tonight.

Mixed Grill 1500 calories 😇

IMG_20220721_174735.jpg

You've outdone yourself this time, Graham!  Yum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I figured that out pretty quickly based on a couple of things.  One...the prices listed on their website. 😲 Two...my friend said that they give you a free hotel night at either the beginning or end of their tour if you've built enough status points with them.  He has a UK tour coming up that ends in London, and they're staying an extra night for free in The Savoy Hotel.  That's worth quite a bit more than some free drinks.

While there is nothing wrong with Viking they are just at the lower end of most river cruise companies in terms of what they offer.  They are one of the biggest and most well known though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Graham.I am resting in bed now.My daughters called me a little while ago to see how I am doing.There will be a birthday party for me on Sunday at my oldest daughters home .She wanted to cancel it but I told her I will be fine I am looking forward to it.This will be my first party since my family made me a celebration of life party 4 years ago when I was quite ill and frankly did not expect to be on the planet much longer.

Wishing you a happy 79th birthday in advance Lenny.

Take care.

Graham.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 3

I had to answer some questions to verify I’m me to open a CD.  One was what color a car I owned over ten years was…I could have sworn silver; nope says DH, it was black.  This resulted in another set of questions.  One of which was asking which state my detested former stepmother owned property in!  😱  We don’t share a last name…have never owned anything together…never lived together…it’s a most unpleasant jolt when her name turns up out of the blue!!

I’m currently serving as a comfortable soft bed for Diana as I type…

EA5C6CA5-8DE0-482E-AA41-AB89EE33C8F2.jpeg

20E18E43-CA6B-45C9-8D7E-B0E8369381FB.jpeg

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the things to research for river cruising is the passenger capacity.  Due to the locks on the rivers (we went through 38) almost all river boats are the same size.  On most Viking boats the capacity is 180.  Our Avalon was 130.  The other major difference is what is included.  We really don’t drink very much, so the lines that included all alcohol were wasted on us.  Most included wine, beer and soft drinks at lunch and dinner.  That was enough for us.  Our bar bill for 11 days was under €10.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I did not feel that his saying in jest that I would have a heart attack if I knew his name was warranted. 

I can understand your upset Lenny and know it was a hurtful thing to say even if in jest.

Paulines sister said it was Karma that I had a heart attack.

This was a few years after Accepting over $10,000 off me to pay for a luxury Australia and New Zealand cruise including their spending money.

Graham.

• Like 2

I got some sad news a few minutes ago. 
Ny dear 98 year old friend Ginny got back yesterday from Pennsylvania where she was staying with her daughter. 
Her daughter was recovering from surgery and Ginny flew up to take care of her. 
She was there more than a month, and enjoyed the grands and great grands. 
Photos were posted on Facebook of Ginny in a backyard water balloon fight. 
Last night, home in her own bed, she got up to go to the bathroom and forgot she left her suitcase between her bed and the bathroom. 
Yep! She tripped over it and broke where the ball fits into her hip socket. 
The orthopedic group and other doctors are trying to decide what to do. 
At her age, surgery is especially risky, but Ginny has been trotting up and down stairs, dancing any time there’s music, 

and enjoying life in general. 
Her only signs of age are macular degeneration and having a harder time reading the dice. 
We are not ready to lose Ginny. 
And  really not ready to have her lose her zest for life. 
Please send up a prayer that she won’t lose her quality of life and can heal from this. 
Mimi

• Like 18

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

This morning I was very sick.I thought I was having a heart attack.I had chest pain and had trouble breathing.Along with all my other medical issues I also have had heart problems and it was really scary.We were at the local ER for most of the morning.

I hope you are home and feeling better now.   

The air quality in this heat is horrible.    I couldn't believe I saw a jogger go by our house about 1 hr ago.     Shouldn't they wait until cooler in the evening or first thing in the morning ?     

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My EKG was normal so additional tests were not done.I have an appointment with my Cardiologist for early Monday morning.The diagnosis was basically just the symptoms.Sunday is my birthday and my family is having a party with 79 people who will be celebrating my 79th. birthday .

My daughter and husband who live in upstate NY are coming here Saturday morning to spend the day,sleep over and take my wife and I to the party.

Please keep us posted.    Hopefully all is good with the test results your cardiologist will review with you.   

Sunday sounds like it will be an amazing day.    Is the party indoors?     

They are calling for Sunday to be worst heat than what we have now.     

Does it really make a difference if it is 102 or 105?   

• Like 2