Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ended up getting everything I wanted. Had to move my Izumi lunch to another day because of a private lunch. Shows were challenging because all the times I had researched were not the same. After about 30 minutes of juggling go most of the show’s scheduled.

We had to juggle our UDP times a few times because of entertainment, but since we are in a suite we just let the concierge do it , she was in suite lounge , so we could get another drink or two while she worked at that . We are also diamond plus so we didn’t need drink package, we spent a couple of hours most nights in suite lounge . We almost always drink wine with dinner and UDP gives you a 40 percent discount on wine under a hundred, we were happy with that . Curious have you done Giovanni’s in the past ? If so how would you compare that to Jamie’s , next year we will do harmony which has Jamie’s. 

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did you make lunch reservations too?  Glad all is going well.  How are you enjoying Symphony?

Yes got everything I wanted.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I may have missed this but what did you end up doing for lunch the first day?

Chops was closed so we had to eat the Chops lunch for the Key in the MDR level 4. It was good and tasted like Chops quality.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Your walks are wonderfully scenic.  You really should produce a book with walking routes and pictures 

Thanks for the compliment Sue but the reason we do the walks is because of the books we have bought.   Last summer I bought the latest edition of this one and we proceeded to do most of them.E08BB044-C6E0-4C6D-942C-4EB4A5B19781.thumb.jpeg.d61ac798ccaa9a79e8a433d0ce65f850.jpeg

Then at the end of summer, DH bought this one for the relatively new Bondi to Manly walk - basically a combination of all the coastal walks we had done in segments to date.  

80EC2E95-DEB0-40B8-8898-7A9D438A76C7.thumb.jpeg.da633678ee4e532c6fee9eb9c8bccd28.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Had a great afternoon/evening hosting a "meet Theo" party for our side of the family plus his other grandparents. 

Extended afternoon tea with Pimms and bubbles 

Lovely for Isaac to meet up with his cousin again 

Takes two grandads to feed a baby 👶 

IMG-20220917-WA0019.thumb.jpg.36b55869d9e16ed05c067192ff529755.jpg

What a gorgeous photo.  Theo is fortunate to have two grandads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Andrew as well in the Falklands war

Thanks for the correction!  Ironic then that neither he nor Harry were allowed to wear their military uniforms in the procession behind her coffin, but at least they corrected that mistake yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Thanks for the correction!  Ironic then that neither he nor Harry were allowed to wear their military uniforms in the procession behind her coffin, but at least they corrected that mistake yesterday.

No mistake, it was because they are no longer working Royals and not entitled to wear uniform, King Charles gave special dispensation for them yesterday.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO, they served in the military and should be permitted to wear their uniforms without special permission needed.    

I agree Debbie.  My Dad was a career Army officer, retired in 1973.  He wore his “dress blues”  uniform for my wedding and was also buried in it.  No special permission needed.  Must be different rules either for foreign military or royals. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

No mistake, it was because they are no longer working Royals and not entitled to wear uniform, King Charles gave special dispensation for them yesterday.

Oh yes, I’m very aware it was deliberate and not a “mistake”  hence the irony of the insult from a man who never earned a medal.  But good on him for his correction on the error of his ways and the generosity of his special dispensation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

And in Andrew’s case, it was also because he was stripped of his military honors by the Queen due to the Epstein situation. It is good that Harry was allowed to wear his uniform, though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

And in Andrew’s case, it was also because he was stripped of his military honors by the Queen due to the Epstein situation. It is good that Harry was allowed to wear his uniform, though.

I agree a!though Harry did chose to step away from Royal duty and so lost his military titles which he was unhappy about.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Reason given was they are not working Royals 🤷‍♀️

Exception made for the lying in state 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We just got off Equinox in Port Everglades this morning.  This was my favorite cruise photo…the last photo I took!!  (That’s Celebrity Infinity and Allure.)

34727710-EB5F-40F9-90DE-4CD1A78B38EF.jpeg

Welcome back.

How was the cruise? Were you in your angled balcony on deck 8? Is Captain Matt onboard? Pete?
We are going in October.

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Takes two grandads to feed a baby 👶 

IMG-20220917-WA0019.thumb.jpg.36b55869d9e16ed05c067192ff529755.jpg

Adorable picture!

The other grandpa is not letting go of Baba! He seems to be saying "mine! mine! mine!" 😁
I love the name Theo, but Baba "sounds" so at home. It is an endearment we used in our family and in some cases, they kept being called Baba long after they became grandfathers!!!!

• Like 2