Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Feel better.  Why do cruises make you sick????🤪

I know, we were talking about that too!!  At least I can report on all the medical facilities though lol. I really wonder if it is the fogging setting me off. When I was sick on the Anthem cruise we met you guys on, they were fogging for noro and our cabin was in the thick of the outbreak. I heard the fogging last night in the hallway. I know there is influenza on this ship from the chatter in medical. Who knows…..

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Medical on Oasis is so much better than Quantum. I am now in isolation on Oasis for 24 hours. Testing negative for Covid but need another negative tomorrow to be set free. Had a nebulizer treatment and  Covid test and left with a few medications all in less than an hour. Have already heard from guest services. Never got the promised call on Quantum. Free room service, free bottled water and free pay per view movies. Guess I won’t make our Cats reservation this afternoon. 

Ugh, seems like so many are sick, think it's going to be a long winter.  Hope you are feeling better soon and your covid tests remain negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been catnapping on and off.  Good time to catch up on all my recordings on my dvr but I fall asleep everytime I put something on.

Had a nice long steam shower and that really helped with my congestion.

Eric made me some scrambled eggs, toast with cinnamon and tea with honey.  

No loss of taste.

I've been taking tylenol every 4 or 5 hrs and I took a Claritin D this morning.  Eric left a bunch of bottled waters and powerade zero outside my door.   

I know he's probably already been exposed to it but I want to keep my distance from him while I still have mild fever.

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes.❤

I am worried about Maryann @Luckynana Has anyone heard from her since her cruise on Adventure?

I missed your original post. Hope you are better soon.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Medical on Oasis is so much better than Quantum. I am now in isolation on Oasis for 24 hours. Testing negative for Covid but need another negative tomorrow to be set free. Had a nebulizer treatment and  Covid test and left with a few medications all in less than an hour. Have already heard from guest services. Never got the promised call on Quantum. Free room service, free bottled water and free pay per view movies. Guess I won’t make our Cats reservation this afternoon. 

Between the plumbing problems and now this.... Hope you are better soon and released from jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Sunshine3601 I hope you have a quick recovery 💐.

@ReneeFLL You are on a remarkable journey- a trip of a lifetime for sure !

Enjoy your travels. By any chance,are you plannng to meet up with the poster from Australia that shares the beautiful photos from there ? I cannot recall her CC name at the moment.

Wishing everyone who is home today or enjoying some traveling, a very pleasant day !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been catnapping on and off.  Good time to catch up on all my recordings on my dvr but I fall asleep everytime I put something on.

Had a nice long steam shower and that really helped with my congestion.

Eric made me some scrambled eggs, toast with cinnamon and tea with honey.  

No loss of taste.

I've been taking tylenol every 4 or 5 hrs and I took a Claritin D this morning.  Eric left a bunch of bottled waters and powerade zero outside my door.   

I know he's probably already been exposed to it but I want to keep my distance from him while I still have mild fever.

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes.❤

I am worried about Maryann @Luckynana Has anyone heard from her since her cruise on Adventure?

Flonase worked great for me.  Also our ENT friend helped us out with using a nebulizer.   Remember,  lots of water! 💧 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hope you feel better soon.  A nebulizer can really help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Beautiful!

Also beautiful!

My aids have a built in microphone.  I can hear people clearly and they hear me as well.

Mimi, my hearing aids are also Phonak.  I have a phone app that manages settings but I rarely use it.  Mine are 11 months old.  I have no idea how it works since my Audiologist programmed bluetooth for my phone and computer audio.  My previous hearing aids were not compatible for bluetooth technology.

Mine are 6 years old. And I didn’t get the cheapest, or the most expensive. 
Kind of like picking out a casket. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Hope you are feeling better soon and your Covid tests remain negative.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Between the plumbing problems and now this.... Hope you are better soon and released from jail.

@reallyitsmema

+ 3 🌷

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@ReneeFLL You are on a remarkable journey- a trip of a lifetime for sure !

Enjoy your travels. By any chance, are you planning to meet up with the poster from Australia that shares the beautiful photos from there ? I cannot recall her CC name at the moment.

Her CC name is @aussielozzie18 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Fingers and toes crossed you remain negative.

I have free bottled water, internet, food and movies here too😁

@ArzeenaMy personal Chef, Eric, has already asked what I want for dinner.   Told him ahh it is little too early to think about it.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here, first time no pain after the flu shot. Moreover, usually I got sick with flu-like symptoms after the shot.

This time -- nada.

Grateful.

We're eligible for the 3rd booster... Since I've had Covid less than 4 months ago, not in a hurry this time. Neither is DH, even though he was not sick.

Somehow, here, Covid stopped being an "issue".....

My oncologist told me not to get the next booster till at least 3 months after the onset of my COVID. 
Last week the New York Times said the same thing. 
I haven’t read it on the internet, but 2 out of 3 have convinced me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bad news, I had a miserable night with fever, chills, annoying cough and congestion.

Just tested and I am positive for Covid.    

I have avoided it for 2.5 yrs guess I was due to get it.

I'm staying in spare bedroom to avoid Eric.   So far he feels fine.

We came off our cruise with and by the time we got home we felt miserable. 
But we were ever so glad we waited till August to get COVID. 
Our breathing wasn’t affected and we weren’t in fear of hospitalization. 
Oops! I forgot to say I hope you get over it quickly and start feeling better even quicker. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Fingers and toes crossed you remain negative.

I have free bottled water, internet, food and movies here too😁

@ArzeenaMy personal Chef, Eric, has already asked what I want for dinner.   Told him ahh it is little too early to think about it.   

Thanks, I hope you feel better soon. My DH can go out and about, so he is foraging for food. I told him he should still go to dinner tonight for lobster night. He can get my dinner to go. Not lobster though, don’t want cabin smelling fishy. 

Get lots of rest and drink lots of water. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jagsfan said:

We came off our cruise with and by the time we got home we felt miserable. 
But we were ever so glad we waited till August to get COVID. 
Our breathing wasn’t affected and we weren’t in fear of hospitalization. 

I was going to get my booster this weekend.   Guess I will wait too.

I basically feel like a miserable cold today.  I spoke with one of the girls at work and there are 3 others that tested positive today.  So 5 people so far.  It sounded like a TB ward with everyone coughing this week.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bad news, I had a miserable night with fever, chills, annoying cough and congestion.

Hope you start to fell better really soon. 

• Thanks 1

Slowly recovering from covid following our recent RCL cruise. I'm near the end of the 5-day round of Paxlovid. Other than the lingering bad taste (way exaggerated however by many reviewers), the stuff also makes me feel really drowsy and lightheaded. Still testing positive nearly a week out. 

Sunshine...please take care of yourself and feel better soon. Don't push yourself too much.  I can appreciate what you're going through. I had all those same symptoms.

I agree - we managed to avoid it ever since the pandemic started, but it finally came around. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear this,Debbie.I hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sorry to hear, Debbie.  You are always the one to be encouraging everyone here.  I hope you will get better very soon.  Take care!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Slowly recovering from covid following our recent RCL cruise. I'm near the end of the 5-day round of Paxlovid. Other than the lingering bad taste (way exaggerated however by many reviewers), the stuff also makes me feel really drowsy and lightheaded. Still testing positive nearly a week out. 

Sunshine...please take care of yourself and feel better soon. Don't push yourself too much.  I can appreciate what you're going through. I had all those same symptoms.

I agree - we managed to avoid it ever since the pandemic started, but it finally came around. 

Hope you completely recover soon.

• Thanks 1

It was a long flight, didn’t get much sleep on the plane but we made it to Rome.  From there we took the train to Florence.  Checked into our hotel- Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo, right near the Florence cathedral.   

DD0BF17A-542C-4388-82BC-60601A6559EC.thumb.jpeg.1d661ea0bae0e48c9b15b983ef1da892.jpeg

We had to rest a bit since Merv was not very happy from all that sitting on the plane and then all walking we had to do.  We ventured out and found a cute little place near the hotel to grab something to eat.

ED0BBB85-73E9-4F83-9310-51CF1CB74F2F.thumb.jpeg.0666d5c897ee4441d31eed60c83ddbb8.jpeg

Spaghetti alla Carbonara with Bacon & Eggs

BE4AA680-0A99-4C96-8B17-554F8E3010DE.thumb.jpeg.c30539a769847af537de0cea1807b69a.jpeg

Pappardelle al Cinghiale- Pappardelle with Wild Boar Meat Sauce

9F2D77AD-3E23-4DE1-85EC-80E41179BF44.thumb.jpeg.c823cf1822189d5f646db8e94989b2a3.jpeg

Ossobucco di Vitelli alla Fiorentina- Marrow Bone Fiorentina recipe.  It was all excellent.

76562A82-B45C-425B-8180-1817B5DD8CA6.thumb.jpeg.53fc7010df1015685b1424197263d090.jpeg

• Like 12