Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Slowly catching up...

Happy belated birthdays to Patti, aka @Coralc and Debbie, aka @Sunshine3601

@Sea Dog, @h20skibum and @FromSea2ShiningSea - hope Linda and you'll all be better soon.

@helen haywood - Minnie -- get well and best wishes for a negative result 

@Lionesss -- Zoey is a doll, and me thinks she takes after Brandon's colors 😉

@Jimbo -- your renovation was well worth the long delay. Simply beautiful.

@singinalot -- thanks for sharing your wonderful WE and pics. Glad to see you posting again, and sharing Norris's review too.

@Ozark_Kid -- Glad you're surrounded by a very supporting family and community. Priceless.

@aussielozzie18 -- Thank you for sharing all those amazing pictures and videos. Always a feast to the eyes.

@bobmacliberty - Happy belated birthday to your oldest daughter. Hang in there until Micheline is back 😉

@Momof3gurlz -- enjoy your time with the "visiting" family and look at the half full glass 😘

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

I casually slipped that into my post and wondered if anyone read it earlier today.🤗  

Even with less than perfect weather I've had a nice day.  Nice dinner at Black Whale with oysters and scallops then we tried new homemade ice cream place (yummy).   Ending the night with a pitcher of mojitos watching final season of Succession. 

Happy belated birthday Debbie! It sounds like you had a very nice day, even if the weather wasn’t great.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

I casually slipped that into my post and wondered if anyone read it earlier today.🤗  

Even with less than perfect weather I've had a nice day.  Nice dinner at Black Whale with oysters and scallops then we tried new homemade ice cream place (yummy).   Ending the night with a pitcher of mojitos watching final season of Succession. 

Adding my belated wishes for a very happy birthday 🎉🥂

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

Happy belated birthday Debbie! I hope you are enjoying Succession. We did.

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had a bad experience attempting to take an MRI for back pain.  Before I was "wheeled in" I questioned how small the tube looked.  This was not my first MRI and I thought I was familiar with what size it should be.  The tech told me it was fine so against my better judgement I agreed.  I was wheeled totally in and all of a sudden, I felt a breeze blowing on my face and it seemed that my face was almost touching the top of the tube.  I felt trapped which I never felt before when I took previous MRIs.  I quickly hit the panic button and when I was wheeled out, I was told that the "regular" MRI was out of order.  I'm sure I was placed in  a child's MRI if there is such a thing.  

After that experience I found a place that had sitting MRIs.  I sat with the mechanism surrounding me.  I had a choice of what tv programs to watch and chose Judge Judy which I couldn't hear since I had to remove my hearing aids.  I later was told by my back doctor that those sitting MRIs have been known to not be very accurate.  I was lucky.  He was able to determine my problem. Not serious at all.

The open air sounds so much better than that tube. I don’t know why they have to be so small.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, helen haywood said:

On a much less important subject, picked Minnie up from her surgery to remove the lump on her head.  Got her home and she seemed normal…friendly as always…nudging everything in sight.  

However then she went to the water dish and just immersed first one leg then the other to where she was standing with her front legs totally in the water.  Like puppies sometimes do in their food bowl.  Instead of drinking she started throwing water all over everywhere (thank goodness for porcelain tile floors!)  Then she’d track wet paw prints all over…. I mopped and mopped and finally put a bath towel under the water….

Finally we gave up and took the water dish up.  She’s had wet food so some moisture there…. I’m assuming this is some weird druggy effect.  Hopefully she’ll nap and reboot.  Otherwise call the vet in the morning!

Aww that sounds cute. She must be feeling well enough to splash water and play? Wishing her a fast recovery.

When are you going back on the Equinox? I remember reading it was one of your favorite ships. We will be on in October on the EQ and November on the Sillhouette. I would love to meet you if you are on either of those sailings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Thanks!  St. Augustine was wonderful!  I definitely want to go back. Upcoming travel plans: Turkey & Italy in August, NYC for work in September, and a potential girls trip to Boston in October.

If you have time in NYC go to the famous Sunken Harbor Tiki Bar in Brooklyn.. it’s fantastic.

https://www.gageandtollner.com/sunken-harbor-club/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Another Gemini!  ☺️ Congratulations and Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a nice one. ☺️Edit: I guess we've moved on to the next astrological sign of Cancer. Happy Birthday! 

Thanks Patty, I have always considered myself a Gemini.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you❣️

Happy belated birthday.

I just finished re-watching Season 2 of Succession as it's been 4 years since I last watched it and forgot a lot of what happened. Unfortunately, i did see a spoiler or two about what happens in Season 4 but I'll still wach all the episodes as i think the acting is fantastic and the writing is very creative and witty.

So the finale of Season 2 featured this beauty as the star of the show.

https://www.charterworld.com/news/solandge-yacht-succession

Their private super-yacht a.k.a. mini-cruise ship in the Mediterranean. At a $1,000,000 USD (2019 plus expenses for food, fuel, etc.) for a week, could this be used for Bella 3?  Too bad it only sleeps 12. Might need to kick off some of the 29 crew members. 😀

EDIT: I might need to start watching Below Deck if this is the type of yachts they feature.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

https://www.charterworld.com/news/solandge-yacht-succession

Their private super-yacht a.k.a. mini-cruise ship in the Mediterranean. At a $1,000,000 USD (2019 plus expenses for food, fuel, etc.) for a week, could this be used for Bella 3?  Too bad it only sleeps 12. Might need to kick off some of the 29 crew members. 😀

EDIT: I might need to start watching Below Deck if this is the type of yachts they feature.

Im down for it if I win the lottery. The super yachts on Below Deck are nice. You should check the show out. 

• Like 4

Report on Minnie.  At least today there’s no standing in the water bowl or aquatic shenanigans.  However, she just rubs her head against the water bowl…doesn’t drink.  Sigh.  The vet’s instruction sheet said to contact them if she refused to drink water for more than a day.  I gave both girls a treat of some canned tuna and put extra water in Minnie’s dish.  She lapped it all up…and I added more water twice.  So she’s getting some hydration.  Maybe I should patent tuna flavored water…. She’s not yet back to getting on the bed or sofa…must have been some powerful drugs!!

@Arzeena We’ll be on Equinox in September (can’t wait to check out the new MDR dinner hamburger…😜) and Apex in November.  Sorry we won’t be sailing at the same time; I’d love to meet any of Dani’s “family!”

• Like 18

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 65°F in our back garden at 10.54am.

We are expecting a high in the mid 70s this afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a fantastic day.

Good afternoon, Graham!  It is drizzling and breezy here in NJ.  We are expected to have rainy weather here for the next several days.  Enjoy your beautiful weather, and have a great weekend!!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

If you have time in NYC go to the famous Sunken Harbor Tiki Bar in Brooklyn.. it’s fantastic.

https://www.gageandtollner.com/sunken-harbor-club/

The bar looks interesting, Greg.  Is that an aquarium behind the glass at the bar?  It reminds me somewhat of the Marlin Beach Hotel on A1A in Ft. Lauderdale.  The club downstairs from the hotel was called "The She",  with the hotel pool behind it.  Before my time there (late 60's) there would be "mermaids" swimming in the pool behind the glass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

ugh these boards sometimes...probably part of the reason I've gotten so quiet on here.

I'm sorry, Greg.  I'm sure you're beyond frustrated/done with knee issues! Fingers, toes crossed for a good outcome. 

Thanks!  St. Augustine was wonderful!  I definitely want to go back. Upcoming travel plans: Turkey & Italy in August, NYC for work in September, and a potential girls trip to Boston in October.

I agree with you Crystal.

I usually only post on Dani's thread,HAL fleet reports and sometimes the P&O daily.

The rare occasion I post on anything else there is always someone who wants to try to cause an argument so I stop.

It is still 66°F and sunny here in our back garden in North East England at 17.20pm.

IMG_20230622_171443.jpg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good afternoon, Graham!  It is drizzling and breezy here in NJ.  We are expected to have rainy weather here for the next several days.  Enjoy your beautiful weather, and have a great weekend!!

The bar looks interesting, Greg.  Is that an aquarium behind the glass at the bar?  It reminds me somewhat of the Marlin Beach Hotel on A1A in Ft. Lauderdale.  The club downstairs from the hotel was called "The She",  with the hotel pool behind it.  Before my time there (late 60's) there would be "mermaids" swimming in the pool behind the glass. 

Thank you Maryann.

I hope you still have a wonderful weekend.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes it is. The place in Fort Lauderdale sounds like the Wreck Bar at B Ocean Resort. Could this be the same one with new owners?

IMG_1697.thumb.webp.ef71415cd3ffb82b327a9a17191563f1.webp

• Like 6