Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, George C said:

I like the garlic butter more than the escarole, but it’s one of my wife’s favorite dishes. I remember my dad talking me to a French restaurant in Manhattan when I was in my teens and trying that , they served them in the shell and it was delicious. 

First time I tried escargot I was scared. The garlic and butter hooked me. Yes you have to get used to the texture. It’s one of my favorite dishes.

3 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Family reunion (wife’s fam) weekend in Lincoln City, OR.  Pains me to say, but the Oregon coast is so much better than the Washington coast.  Staying at a campground a couple minute walk away from the family AirBnB.  35ish people (wife is one of seven kids).  Just finished peeling, dicing, baking potatoes for tomorrow morning’s corned beef hash.

One highlight in the midst of family fun…finding a bourbon in an Oregon liquor store that is rarely on the shelves in Washington.  Any more screaming kids and I may have to crack this tonight 🤣🤣

IMG_4117.thumb.jpeg.8956b60b9f1bd1f25fab13649ab07a21.jpeg

IMG_0784.thumb.jpeg.ee165505cb2564cfc95165aca668826a.jpeg

Yes!!! Old Grand Dad 114 is one of my favorites and you can’t beat the price. I’m a big fan of OGD bottled in bond. I wish they had it on board. I know you and I would be drinking a lot of that. Can’t wait to hook up. I know you and Linda will have some good war stories of UMKC law school.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

First time I tried escargot I was scared. The garlic and butter hooked me. Yes you have to get used to the texture. It’s one of my favorite dishes.

Yes!!! Old Grand Dad 114 is one of my favorites and you can’t beat the price. I’m a big fan of OGD bottled in bond. I wish they had it on board. I know you and I would be drinking a lot of that. Can’t wait to hook up. I know you and Linda will have some good war stories of UMKC law school.

Greg, I remember you saying you like the OGD 114 and I thought of you when I saw it!  I never see it on the shelves at home.

Cant wait to share some old war stories with Linda!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 11.50am 57°F and it has been raining for several hours and it is forecast to rain all day today and tomorrow.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to the weekend and 100k posts on Dani's @dani negreanu excellent thread.

Good day to all. It is 71 degrees F and beautiful weather in Northern New Jersey.  I am looking at this clear blue sky..

20230722_075844.thumb.jpg.7b30e1eec4ff54785a80f3bc40fb6d7e.jpg

• Like 15

It is 60° here this morning, sunny, and a high of 80 forecast.  

Some of the blueberries we picked the other day, made their way into a cinnamon topped coffee cake I made this morning. 

IMG_8250.thumb.jpeg.8421657cad6950470dbd79b9f018e6de.jpeg

I can confirm that it is very tasty, and Susan seconds that opinion. 

IMG_8251.thumb.jpeg.a787366ffef86d9575321121d228633e.jpeg

Maybe a festival later today, after we get our grandson up for a walk. Susan is feeling better, and she had the faintest of lines yesterday.  She is anxious to get back out and do something.  

Hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

It is already 81 this morning.  Later today it is supposed to rain and will cool off a bit.  The kids and I did an escape room last night and had so much fun.  We got out with 7 minutes to spare.  We also had a meeting with the wedding planner and I think most items are on track.  I have 15 more rows on the wedding shawl.

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Some of the blueberries we picked the other day, made their way into a cinnamon topped coffee cake I made this morning. 

Maybe a festival later today, after we get our grandson up for a walk. Susan is feeling better, and she had the faintest of lines yesterday.  She is anxious to get back out and do something.  

That looks so good.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

New additions to the tiki patio.

IMG_1848.thumb.jpeg.2d5c5411c93b49fe181fc10a20e0fff6.jpeg

IMG_1849.thumb.jpeg.59846388434b58bf088ad18e9ef2f734.jpeg

IMG_1851.thumb.jpeg.aafb655cf050b49352e6e02c8b4ab1fb.jpeg

IMG_1855.thumb.jpeg.d5e150455ba9abd1f83e20b3c91eb162.jpeg

Looks great!

Are you bothered by bugs and pests outside? Frogs, geckos, mosquito, garden snake, etc etc? I am freaked out in my yard and we are getting the patio screened.

• Like 3

We should have a fun night we have good tickets to see Boz Scaggs tonight it’s downtown Dallas only a 40 min drive but there is a new hotel across the street with live music so we will check in there and have dinner while listening to music then go across the street to the concert, we had seen him a few years ago on one of our music cruises and he was great. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Coffee cake looks delicious!

Happy to hear that Susan is feeling better. Having been blessed with all the grand kids and activities which we love hearing about, you must feel quite bored when they all go back to school or you take is as rest and recuperation  time?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Andrew tried the escargot tonight and liked it! He ate them all. 

Proud of Andrew for giving them a go.  

This Andrew doesn’t mind them either, much to the surprise of many here.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

It is already 81 this morning.  Later today it is supposed to rain and will cool off a bit.  The kids and I did an escape room last night and had so much fun.  We got out with 7 minutes to spare.  We also had a meeting with the wedding planner and I think most items are on track.  I have 15 more rows on the wedding shawl.

Would love to see the pictures of the shawl when finished. I have always wanted to learn to crochet, but no talent at that.......two left hands? (like they say two left feet?🤣).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Would love to see the pictures of the shawl when finished. I have always wanted to learn to crochet, but no talent at that.......two left hands? (like they say two left feet?🤣).

I will post pictures as soon as it is finished.  The rows are long and in between I am working on a tee for me so it may be another month.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:17 PM, Jimbo said:

Not sure but the weight limit is there more for the baggage handlers lifting that one bag which is over weight.....not so much about the total weight the airplane can carry. If the entire plane's passengers thought like that, might end up with a plane full of over weight bags. Putting more stress on the crew lifting those bags on and off the planes.

So they charge you or ask you to redistribute to other bags to even out the weight.

Exactly right Jimbo. My airline had quite a generous allowance of 30kg, but BA, who hubby worked for, is more strict with 23kg for economy. 

I think fuel costs also comes into it though.  The heavier the plane the more fuel it burns.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Coffee cake looks delicious!

Happy to hear that Susan is feeling better. Having been blessed with all the grand kids and activities which we love hearing about, you must feel quite bored when they all go back to school or you take is as rest and recuperation  time?

With all that has gone on recently, we haven’t had time to be bored.   It will just be a little quieter once our grandson goes home.  Hopefully, things will go well and our daughter will be back to work full time.  Then we will concentrate on Susan’s surgery this fall, and finish planning our winter cruise and bringing the family together for our winter holiday in Florida.

Add in fall football, cheerleading, etc. and we will be busy.

• Like 14

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Monday July 24 will be my 80th.birthday.My daughters are making me a party on Sunday and have invited close to 100 people.Friends from my childhood,every school that I attended,several work friends,neighbors who became close friends,my nieces and families,nephews and families and many cousins.

The reason that I am posting this today rather than tomorrow or Sunday is that several people are coming from long distances and they will be coming to my house today,tonight and tomorrow and I am not sure specifically when they will be here.

The reason for such a large gathering is that 5 years ago I was critically Ill 

land my family made me a Celebration of Life Party.

Somehow I am still around ,something totally unexpected in July 2018.

My daughters have been planning my birthday party since January of this year to make sure that my long time close friends will be able to come.

How absolutely lovely. What great daughters and family you have.  Wishing you a wonderful party tomorrow and a Very Happy 80th birthday 🎂 

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That looks as good as it probably tastes. Yummm!

54 minutes ago, George C said:

We should have a fun night we have good tickets to see Boz Scaggs tonight it’s downtown Dallas only a 40 min drive but there is a new hotel across the street with live music so we will check in there and have dinner while listening to music then go across the street to the concert, we had seen him a few years ago on one of our music cruises and he was great. 

Love Boz! When I played professionally in a band “Lowdown” was always a popular song we played. I don’t know that people know that Boz was credited with putting the band Toto together as he hired most of those musicians to help record his Silk Degrees album. 

• Like 4

Cake looks amazing. Made with freshly picked blueberries too, yum 😋 

I love hearing about all the great things you do with your grandchildren. 

We're going up to two days a week grandchild duties for the summer holidays. But he's only two so we're a little more limited and he still has a nap midday.  Yesterday we had a very busy day with Isaac, so much energy, so much fun

• Like 6

I love the look on his face it’s like, “ I’m not sure about this.” Glad he liked it . One of my favorite dishes plus you can dip your bread in the garlic butter sauce. Yummmmm!

If it weren’t for cruises, I never would have tried escargot. I guarantee it!

Only  the fact that I could send them back and get something else convinces me to try them. 

I’m sure I had the same look on my face as Andrew did that first time. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Looks great!

Are you bothered by bugs and pests outside? Frogs, geckos, mosquito, garden snake, etc etc? I am freaked out in my yard and we are getting the patio screened.

We have gotten used to the critters. The mosquitoes can be a problem but we have added a mosquito repellent machine. It works ok. When we have guests over I put out a fan. It not only keeps us cool but keeps the bugs away as they are lousy fliers. We do have some mice occasionally but our huge 4 foot long black snake takes care of them. It’s unnerving when you see him but I’ve only seen him twice. We also have a family of chipmunks that live under the patio. Charlie goes crazy when he sees them but luckily has never caught one. We have a lot of deer that come through but they always stay behind our retaining wall. We have become used to life living with a wooded backyard. Good times.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Good for Andrew!  Nothing like lots of butter and garlic!  I love escargot.  He is such a cutie!!!!

Thank you!

I love the look on his face it’s like, “ I’m not sure about this.” Glad he liked it . One of my favorite dishes plus you can dip your bread in the garlic butter sauce. Yummmmm!

He shared some of the butter with me, I agree!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Proud of Andrew for giving them a go.  

This Andrew doesn’t mind them either, much to the surprise of many here.

Wow, I am surprised that you like it, too! We were a little shocked when our Andrew ordered it and even more so when he actually ate it all.

• Like 5

I was going to do the same today.  Make Blueberry Buckle Cake.  

Glad Susan is feeling better.

Congratulations, Dani @dani negreanu for reaching Page 4000!  🎉

Happy Birthday to Lenny @lenquixote66 on Monday.  It is my brother’s birthday also that day.

My epidural injection appointment has moved up to this coming Tuesday.  I face that big, long, fat needle again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2