Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

OK, my NY friends.  Where is this beach?  Hint, it's in NY:

image.png.f6d4bd4e11aa8ec2afb551ef2d5178ae.png

image.png.61cb3723f02f64017ac397402b53047a.png

I give up. Doesn't look like an ocean beach so I'm guessing somewhere in the Catskills?   *** cue up Dirty Dancing music ***

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

And look who joined me. 

IMG_0946.thumb.jpeg.0b914c89450aee6129d1145274d039c0.jpeg

Reminding myself not to wiggle my toes near her. 

IMG_0947.thumb.jpeg.7931cb35a65494e343c4ce3942b2b17a.jpeg

Is Lucy a lap cat? 

Leonard is not. Hates laps & will tolerate being held for maybe a minute.

However,  he's always within a few feet of a human waiting for petting.  If fact, first thing in the morning he will sit on the arm of my chair & nudge and head butt me until I acknowledge him with petting. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Is Lucy a lap cat? 

She is not. In fact I had to lift her up onto the lounger. 

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

You can lift her up and into your arms while being rubbed but Just as long as she wishes. 

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

However,  he's always within a few feet of a human waiting for petting.  If fact, first thing in the morning he will sit on the arm of my chair & nudge and head butt me until I acknowledge him with petting. 

She will rub up against your legs when we are outside. Sounds similar to Leonard. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It will be both Mike and I. Our cruising separately days are most likely over with. I booked a bunch of double points and cheap cruises before the promo ended. Some were b2b - b4b. We knew he wouldn’t be able to take that many per month without using vacation time. He keeps that for our longer cruises. Can’t wait to be back on a ship. 🛳️🍹. I know I’ve said we don’t drink that much when it’s just the 2 of us. This time I can blame it on @seatoshiningsea and @bmblob. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. 😆😆😆

Excellent!   I am sure you will have awesome cruise(s) on Jewel.    I love both those itineraries.  I guess you will have to buy some beautiful flowers (maybe tulips) in Amsterdam before you board.

ENJOY😄   

• Like 5

I received news yesterday that one of my best neighbors is not doing well.    I spoke with her last week to let her know that roofers would be coming early one day soon and apologized in advanced they would wake her up as I know she sleeps in until 9 or 10 am most days.     She sounded horrible and was catching her breath with every word she spoke.    She said she was going to the doctors the next day as she hasn't felt good for weeks and kept blaming it on the heat and humidity.

I saw her Daughter stop by to check on her Mom's house and when she saw me outside she informed me that her Mom went to the Doctor's and they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.     She was told all her arteries completely clogged and she is too old for open heart surgery.   She turned 91 earlier this month.    Her Mom wants to come home to do hospice but her Daughter feels she would be better off going to a facility to have round the clock care.    So very sad.   

I have known this family since I was a little girl.   (I grew up in the same neighborhood where we live now.)    She has been on mind since Saturday.   I plan on visiting her this week once I find out where they are moving her to (or back home).  I pray that she is not in any pain and is surrounded by her loving family.  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

@Sunshine3601  Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear this about your 91 year old neighbor.  So sad.  We visited our dear friend Lois on Tuesday down in Avalon.  She will be 92 in November.  She looks good, but has really slowed down with bad circulation..her legs are affected by this.  I'm so glad that we went to see her.    (((hugs, Debbie)))❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I give up. Doesn't look like an ocean beach so I'm guessing somewhere in the Catskills?   *** cue up Dirty Dancing music ***

Not even close.  Believe it or not, Orchard Beach, in The Bronx is a man made (artificial beach).  Honest!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I received news yesterday that one of my best neighbors is not doing well.    I spoke with her last week to let her know that roofers would be coming early one day soon and apologized in advanced they would wake her up as I know she sleeps in until 9 or 10 am most days.     She sounded horrible and was catching her breath with every word she spoke.    She said she was going to the doctors the next day as she hasn't felt good for weeks and kept blaming it on the heat and humidity.

I saw her Daughter stop by to check on her Mom's house and when she saw me outside she informed me that her Mom went to the Doctor's and they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital.     She was told all her arteries completely clogged and she is too old for open heart surgery.   She turned 91 earlier this month.    Her Mom wants to come home to do hospice but her Daughter feels she would be better off going to a facility to have round the clock care.    So very sad.   

I have known this family since I was a little girl.   (I grew up in the same neighborhood where we live now.)    She has been on mind since Saturday.   I plan on visiting her this week once I find out where they are moving her to (or back home).  I pray that she is not in any pain and is surrounded by her loving family.  

Debbie, I am so sorry to read this.  I hope she is kept comfortable with friends and family close by.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a very good friend who is 94.  She lives where we used to live.  I talk to her frequently.  She’s so funny, dry sense of humor…and extremely good with advice (if solicited.)  She sees a battery of doctors although she’s in good health for her age…still living alone (albeit her son lives next door.)  She just refers to the doctors as Dr. Retina, Dr. Dermis, etc which I think is hilarious.  Older friends are such a treasure.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Is Lucy a lap cat? 

In Marcel's old age he has mellowed and become very much of a lap cat. He even enjoys being cradled in Andy's arms like a baby. He would never tolerate that when he was younger. 

20230731_202234.thumb.jpg.4cd8590e05b8a9016befd07d2e9289ff.jpg

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!   I am sure you will have awesome cruise(s) on Jewel.    I love both those itineraries.  I guess you will have to buy some beautiful flowers (maybe tulips) in Amsterdam before you board.

ENJOY😄   

I hope to. I need to see if it’s allowed over there.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It will be both Mike and I. Our cruising separately days are most likely over with. I booked a bunch of double points and cheap cruises before the promo ended. Some were b2b - b4b. We knew he wouldn’t be able to take that many per month without using vacation time. He keeps that for our longer cruises. Can’t wait to be back on a ship. 🛳️🍹. I know I’ve said we don’t drink that much when it’s just the 2 of us. This time I can blame it on @seatoshiningsea and @bmblob. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. 😆😆😆

Don't look at me. I'm a lightweight in the alcohol department. 😆  🍹  But I like to try different drinks.  I will bring @John&LaLa's Drink List with me.  Can't wait to see you guys!  

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Not even close.  Believe it or not, Orchard Beach, in The Bronx is a man made (artificial beach).  Honest!

I believe it. I made a horrible guess.  The Catskills....shesh!  There is'nt even a hint of a mountain, hill, knoll or incline of any sort in the picture. Let's just pretend I never made that guess.

I've driven past Orchard Beach many times but never have been. I thought those buildings might have been a resort of some kind.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, derorim said:

In Marcel's old age he has mellowed and become very much of a lap cat. He even enjoys being cradled in Andy's arms like a baby. He would never tolerate that when he was younger. 

20230731_202234.thumb.jpg.4cd8590e05b8a9016befd07d2e9289ff.jpg

Once is while when Leonard is sitting on the arm of whatever chair I'm sitting in, he slowly slides off so his back is resting up against one of my legs. Not on purpose, he's blissfully unaware as he's in heaven while I'm petting him. After a few minutes, he'll suddenly get a startled look on his face as he realized he's half on/half-off my lap, leap off & run out of the room in shame! LOL

But not for long, he comes back.  He needs to always be in the same room as someone.  Sometimes when I'm going up and down the stairs a lot, he'll wait on the landing with a look on his face that says "Will you make up your mind already!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

47 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Don't look at me. I'm a lightweight in the alcohol department. 😆  🍹  But I like to try different drinks.  I will bring @John&LaLa's Drink List with me.  Can't wait to see you guys!  

31 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oh no! Is that a challenge? 🤣  I should also print one up and mark them off as we go. Could you email me a copy please? 

Careful, I've seen the list. It's not to be trifled with.  It's quite extensive & while I know you have a 28+ day B2B coming up, there will be some days you'll need to consume 3 drinks. Choose wisely as some can pack quite a punch. 😇😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4