Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am so excited. Ended up offsetting the increased cost of the charter boat today with a sale with our Southwest Airlines tickets. The reduced fare saved us $500. Woot woot!

The knee is rebelling today after the injection. So sore and painful I can barely walk. Research shows this is common for the first 48 hours. Took a hydrocodone last night and it did nothing for the pain.

My toe is rebelling too, I had my toenail removed on Monday.....not fun! I have to limp everywhere!

• Like 7

Just now, broadwaybaby123 said:

My toe is rebelling too, I had my toenail removed on Monday.....not fun! I have to limp everywhere!

Ouch that is not fun as it’s happened to me. Hang in there and I hope it gets better soon.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Speaking of pain meds, last night I watched several episodes of Painkiller - a drama series on Netflix about OxyContin.

@Sea Dog hope you start to feel the positive effects of the injection asap.

I thought we were about to enter into a drinking conversation. I got all excited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought we were about to enter into a drinking conversation. I got all excited.

Don’t lose that sense of excitement because they will not be charging for pizza .  You must be so pleased. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Don’t lose that sense of excitement because they will not be charging for pizza .  You must be so pleased. 

I see their mindset and the direction they are looking to go. I also would not have expected Mr. Bayley to say anything different at this point. So, no, I don't see any major victory here.

• Like 3

Bill took some photos of the new floors. It is difficult to capture the color correctly. They are really kind of gray, depending on the light. But in any case, they are just a neutral color. 

NewfloorLR.thumb.JPG.285a5e68b5dcb32264f049dad24c29ab.JPG

New Floor kitchen.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 24

Today we reached a new record 109 degrees, definitely need to stay in a/c . Went to a new restaurant in my suburb, was intrigued that they had 5 different old fashions on drink menu and have music for there Saturday brunch, what was really unusual is there open to 2am every day, not aware of any place opened past midnight. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Bill took some photos of the new floors. It is difficult to capture the color correctly. They are really kind of gray, depending on the light. But in any case, they are just a neutral color. 

NewfloorLR.thumb.JPG.285a5e68b5dcb32264f049dad24c29ab.JPG

New Floor kitchen.JPG

Problem with colors and pictures and where you are looking at them.  There is a program I receive both on my TV and I stream on my laptop. Picture on tv is totally different color from laptop. And it is a picture of a car with a commentator saying the color and it doesn't sounds correct on either device.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Speaking of pain meds, last night I watched several episodes of Painkiller - a drama series on Netflix about OxyContin.

My stepdaughter watched all of the  episodes the other night & said I need to add it to my watch list & watch it as soon as possible so she can talk to me about it.

Should I be concerned? 😧   

(not really concerned) 😃

• Like 7

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

@Ocean Boy I saw this a while ago and realized Jade doesn’t need feline backup if you sneeze. 
She can take care of it by herself. 

IMG_3181.jpeg

Every time I sneeze, Leonard races out of the room faster than Ricochet Rabbit,  ***ping, ping, ping ***

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

Today we reached a new record 109 degrees, definitely need to stay in a/c . 

Yesterday we had a break and it only got to about 94.  It was a wonderful respite.  We used the hot tub, first time in a while.  Tomorrow back up to 108.  Not going to lie, this summers been really hot, even for me.  We don’t go out after noon unless we have to.  No beak in temps seen in the 7 day forecast. We haven’t had many days under 100 since June.  

It’s still better than winter in the north. 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

One of our cats,Cody the one eyed bandit. My Wife says he thinks he is invisible when he sits behind the opening to downstairs.

20230817_203212.jpg

I love the little cat door.  

I'm sure my kitties would love to have one for our basement door. 

Was this is a kit or did your kitchen contractor make it for you?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday was our Unbirthday celebration for our grandson from California.  He will turn 11, a week from Friday, but he will be back in California by then.  

Our party size grew at the last minute, when my sister said her kids were going to be in town with their kids, so we added five more to our list and went to buy more steak and chicken.  That was one of my tasks, to grill all the meat.  

This was a first to grill for that many people.  Filled the grill twice to get it all cooked, but everything turned out perfect. 

IMG_8683.thumb.jpeg.85887f07b7d37df85f288ebfc943efb3.jpeg

I think I mentioned that this year’s theme would be Harry Potter.    I understand they do have Harry Potter bounce houses, but none are available for rent in our area, so we had a regular one. 

IMG_8664.thumb.jpeg.feebbe3025224b6ca013bdf94fe1941d.jpeg

The kids all had a blast on it. 

IMG_8670.thumb.jpeg.bb1cf943dd81930182a29d01b6f2816d.jpeg

We had a talking, sorting hat.  Our granddaughter had fun with it, finding everyone’s house. 

What would the party be without butter beer

IMG_8628.thumb.jpeg.73b9d0b541ee0f7d30f71fd62f622c6b.jpeg

And fishy green ale

IMG_8671.thumb.jpeg.bd4651b267feba0ab37127e5a6096a42.jpeg

We had our favorite bakery make some Potter cookies for the party

IMG_8681.thumb.jpeg.36aea8cc5265d4950ca352f175b013eb.jpeg

And our cake lady made a nice Potter theme cake. 

IMG_8680.thumb.jpeg.6795136805aec6ad313b5067c8955e31.jpeg

And finally, we had an Owlery, and all the kids at the party got to adopt an owl to take home.  

IMG_8675.thumb.jpeg.5614a57d4fc5f1c841da4ee65afffe7d.jpeg

I will say, even I still enjoy bouncing and sliding, and hope I never get too old for it. 

IMG_8674.thumb.jpeg.0c05b4f1f0abf86c1c2ef95eed431c35.jpeg

Susan did a fantastic job with all the other food prep for the party.  I think I will keep her around.  Sorry Tracy. 🤣

What a wonderful party. You provide the best summer fun for your grandkids. It's a nice mix between maximum fun and learning experiences. Nice job!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I am so excited. Ended up offsetting the increased cost of the charter boat today with a sale with our Southwest Airlines tickets. The reduced fare saved us $500. Woot woot!

The knee is rebelling today after the injection. So sore and painful I can barely walk. Research shows this is common for the first 48 hours. Took a hydrocodone last night and it did nothing for the pain.

Saving money sure takes the sting out of the trouble you went through on that cancelled excursion.

Hope the knee feels better tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bailey & Sophie said:

Saving money sure takes the sting out of the trouble you went through on that cancelled excursion.

Hope the knee feels better tomorrow. 

Yes I feel better about it but the knee is still painful tonight. Going to stay off of it as much as possible to let the injection do it’s thing.

• Like 8

Just now, broadwaybaby123 said:

Thanks! My choices were to hobble around at home or hobble around my next cruise in October.....guess which one I chose!

That is exactly my mindset. Even if my knee gets worse I’ll just chill more. Good news is that I can eat and drink sitting down.😜😆😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

36 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Yesterday we had a break and it only got to about 94.  It was a wonderful respite.  We used the hot tub, first time in a while.  Tomorrow back up to 108.  Not going to lie, this summers been really hot, even for me.  We don’t go out after noon unless we have to.  No beak in temps seen in the 7 day forecast. We haven’t had many days under 100 since June.  

It’s still better than winter in the north. 

We had 21 days of over 100 then three lovely days under a hundred, now forecast for next week is well over a hundred. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love the little cat door.  

I'm sure my kitties would love to have one for our basement door. 

Was this is a kit or did your kitchen contractor make it for you?

It's a kit, we have another one downstairs on the storage/utility room where the cat boxes are.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=purrfect+portal+cat+door&hvadid=590007511601&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1027260&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=4271837217545839565&hvtargid=kwd-660252174431&hydadcr=10667_13501544&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_4ydybfve9i_e

You are correct though we had our contractors cut both doors. The cut is a little  tricky since the top of the door is round.

I probably could have done it myself but those guys were here, took them like 5 minutes to do both doors. You need a jig saw to make the rounds cuts.

One of our cats hates those flapping doors, so this one works best, you can also close the door and put it in the lock position to keep the cats downstairs if we want.

We keep the cats downstairs at night otherwise they would be waking us up at 5am for food, during the day they roam upstairs and downstairs freely.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1