Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Why do u want to postpone this one? In those time, I wouldn't postpone anything....

We were supposed to cruise with my cousin and her DH this Saturday. I've mentioned last week that during a routine check-up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. Further tests negated TB, infection, funghi or spores. A lung CT assumes that 99% the "spot" is cancerous....

So, instead of cruising, my cousin will undergo an op (4-5 hours) to remove it, this Wednesday. Being in full penalty, we'll go on with the cruise, but our heart will not be in it.

My prayers 🙏 are sent to your cousin Dani for a successful operation and full recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thanks.  My chemo is about over, but still have a lot of Radiation to go.  It is getting a lot more difficult to swallow. We are basically one day at a time.

They will do a cat scan day after Labor day to measure the progress of the treatment.

Sending you my prayers 🙏 and sincerest good wishes for you to be better.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

One day at a time. You are doing great!

When I wake up, I wonder if i will be able to swallow today.  I take my morning meds, I can swallow. Today is a success. I figure I am good for the day.

• Like 20

Just now, mo&fran said:

When I wake up, I wonder if i will be able to swallow today.  I take my morning meds, I can swallow. Today is a success. I figure I am good for the day.

As my buddy who went through it said. "Even as hard as it is to swallow if you can tolerate milkshakes and protein shakes that is better than using the feeding tube."

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As my buddy who went through it said. "Even as hard as it is to swallow if you can tolerate milkshakes and protein shakes that is better than using the feeding tube."

Ice cream is good.

My mouth is very dry.  I have a speccial mouthwash for that.  DW flushes the feeding tube twice a day with water, I am not dehydrated. For years, she has said drink more water. Now, she just pours it into the tube.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Ice cream is good.

He found that Culver's Peanut Butter Shake tasted good to him and would get one everyday. They always recognized him at the drive through and took really good care of him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Why do u want to postpone this one? In those time, I wouldn't postpone anything....

We were supposed to cruise with my cousin and her DH this Saturday. I've mentioned last week that during a routine check-up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. Further tests negated TB, infection, funghi or spores. A lung CT assumes that 99% the "spot" is cancerous....

So, instead of cruising, my cousin will undergo an op (4-5 hours) to remove it, this Wednesday. Being in full penalty, we'll go on with the cruise, but our heart will not be in it.

My Wife just doesn't want to go, said 2 long cruises  within 8 months is to much.

Greenland cruise starts on September 14th.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, how is your elderly neighbor who had her surgery recently?

Hi Maryann, thank you for asking.   She was home for almost a week then the visiting nurse stopped in one day and couldn't find a pulse.  So back to hospital and found she had developed a blood clot in her arm.

Thankful the clot didn't travel to her heart.

They had her on heparin thru an IV and had her doing rehab at the hospital.   Clot dissolved and now she is at a rehab facility so they can better monitor her.

I visited her Friday night and she is very feisty and cannot wait to get back home.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Applesauce cab help with meds when taking them  with water gets tough,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo

Hi, it's easier for me to reply here --

I wouldn't change your unique and amazing Jewel cruise for a "pseudo-fjord" cruise --

You're "hitting" the best fjords there -- Geiranger and Flaam, and the Arctic Circle, and you're leaving from Amsterdam, a much nicer city than Hamburg. You have a jack pot here!!! Jewel is the best ship to do this itinerary.

12 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Amsterdam, Geiranger, Tromso, Honningsvag, Arctic Circle, Alesund, Flaam, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: May 30 2024

versus this -- 

13 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

MSC Cruises • MSC Preziosa
Hamburg, Bergen, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, Maloy, Vik, Stavanger, Oslo, Hamburg
1 departure dates: Sep 01 2025

Myself I've never been on MSC, but I've heard enough from people whom I value their opinion, so that for free I wouldn't sail with them. Every announcement in at least 6 languages? Not for me, thank you.

@dani negreanu I’m looking into the jewel one as I do want to stop in Geiranger  and flam.  I didn’t think Amsterdam were allowing cruise ships anymore?  Perhaps I misunderstood.

Edited by maggieq

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We’re having a sad week and weekend. 
our daughter’s cat, Cooper, had developed diabetes, and Lisa spent 4 weeks giving him a special diet twice a day and keeping him away from Jasmine’s (their black cat) food. She gave him insulin injections every day, but his sugar never went down, and he was losing weight. 
last Sunday Lisa took Cooper to the emergency vet because he was obviously in distress. They gave him an iv, and ran blood tests. 
Cooper was diagnosed with acromegaly, which causes insulin resistance and other problems. 
She picked him up Thursday to let him have one more day and night at home. 
He spent the entire time in her lap. 
Friday morning she took him back and sat with him till it was over. 
Lisa is devastated and we’re all horribly sad. 
Cooper was one of a kind, mellow but frisky at the same time. Cats are intelligent, but most of them, if they understand what you’re saying, they don’t let on. Cooper was more like a dog, responding to words like go for a ride (which always meant to the vet or kennel), came running when you called him, just a super cat. 
We’ll all miss him so much!

My granddaughter Hannah posted the first two photos on Facebook. I had never seen either of them. 
The third one Lisa took on Cooper’s last day at home. 

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

Oh my heart is breaking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

DH is dearly missing the grandsons...

So he's "unraveling" old videos of them. This one is 2 years old, or how eat grandma's chocolate cake cut on small pieces 😁.

Very impressive. He didn't drop a crumb.

The cake looks delish!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I don’t love the drive as much as I love saving $$, avoiding the unpleasant airport experience, and not having to pack as carefully!

That too!

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We’re having a sad week and weekend. 
our daughter’s cat, Cooper, had developed diabetes, and Lisa spent 4 weeks giving him a special diet twice a day and keeping him away from Jasmine’s (their black cat) food. She gave him insulin injections every day, but his sugar never went down, and he was losing weight. 
last Sunday Lisa took Cooper to the emergency vet because he was obviously in distress. They gave him an iv, and ran blood tests. 
Cooper was diagnosed with acromegaly, which causes insulin resistance and other problems. 
She picked him up Thursday to let him have one more day and night at home. 
He spent the entire time in her lap. 
Friday morning she took him back and sat with him till it was over. 
Lisa is devastated and we’re all horribly sad. 
Cooper was one of a kind, mellow but frisky at the same time. Cats are intelligent, but most of them, if they understand what you’re saying, they don’t let on. Cooper was more like a dog, responding to words like go for a ride (which always meant to the vet or kennel), came running when you called him, just a super cat. 
We’ll all miss him so much!

My granddaughter Hannah posted the first two photos on Facebook. I had never seen either of them. 
The third one Lisa took on Cooper’s last day at home. 

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

So sorry for your family's loss.  What a sweet kitty!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Refuah Shlema to your cousin, a swift full recovery.

Hopefully, you'll be able to have some enjoyable moments on your cruise even though it won't be as you planned.

I understand totally the feeling of having grandkids far from you that were once close by.  I'm sure they are settled in and enjoying new adventures. I know you're anticipating your visit with them soon.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love mushy peas with fish n chips.

I think I missed a post what sailing are you thinking about postponing?

The Jewel / Equinox combo ................ thinking of Cancel 2024 to 2025