Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I noticed the pre Black Friday sale has the soda package at $8.99/day.  Jack doesn't drink soda and since I usually have 3-4 per day on a cruise, it sounds like a good deal.  I hope they offer caffeine free diet soda at the machines.  I doubt they have it at the bars.

Do both of us have to buy the soda package and how long does this sale last?

Dining package dropped in price, but we're 2 people who feel the MDR food is sufficient.

You would be fine with purchasing soda pkg for one person.    When we cruised with our Son Chris and his Wife Donna we bought the soda pkg for Chris only as Donna doesn't drink soda.   No issues at all. 

Maybe you want to book a lunch at a specialty restaurant.   Basically same menus and much cheaper.  Just a thought😊

• Like 2

I just finished my weekly Zoom Parkinsons Support Group session.

We always discuss our illness but nothing of a personal nature.

I began today by relating my morning phone call that I posted about earlier.

Much to my surprise one of the regulars went to a HS very close to where I lived and another person grew up four blocks from where I did,

• Like 4

Some prices are a bit crazy.  Are people really paying that much for Coco beach club? 

Today I bought a couple of pairs of shoes that I need to break in for Australia and all the walking we plan on doing.  I felt guilty for spending $150 for 2 pair of slip on sneakers that I’ll probably wear for the next 10 years.  Compared to a day at Coco Cay I guess I’ll get my moneys worth. 

Tonight I’ll buy some water packages (still crazy prices but don’t want to lug them on board) and discuss with DH a couple of excursions that are actually reduced in price.  

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And here I was hoping to see some sale prices for our August cruise, when we are taking the grandkids along. 

IMG_9301.thumb.jpeg.cc36ade3686421a8b4c0ed611351de81.jpeg

IMG_9302.thumb.jpeg.38ff379cf84ebb08efddadbd73767e05.jpeg

Somehow, I don’t think those are good sale prices.  

On the sale thread someone posted a screenshot for the water park of $38.99.  At that price I might try it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just finished my weekly Zoom Parkinsons Support Group session.

We always discuss our illness but nothing of a personal nature.

I began today by relating my morning phone call that I posted about earlier.

Much to my surprise one of the regulars went to a HS very close to where I lived and another person grew up four blocks from where I did,

This doesn’t surprise me at all. You have connections everywhere Lenny

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You would be fine with purchasing soda pkg for one person.    When we cruised with our Son Chris and his Wife Donna we bought the soda pkg for Chris only as Donna doesn't drink soda.   No issues at all. 

Maybe you want to book a lunch at a specialty restaurant.   Basically same menus and much cheaper.  Just a thought😊

Thanks for the info, Debbie. We tend to eat light lunches, especially on a cruise.  I used to like the Tutti salad in the MDR.  I assume they aren't back?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the info, Debbie. We tend to eat light lunches, especially on a cruise.  I used to like the Tutti salad in the MDR.  I assume they aren't back?

Sadly no Tutti salad in the MDR.  Ships that have a Park Cafe make a scaled down version.  I’m resorting to WJ make your own with what you can find. I like iceberg so it’s the burger bar area for a small portion of lettuce, then chicken salad with a small slice of cheese from the soup area, then over to the salad area for toppings.  Sometimes they have ham in the salad area but I haven’t seen tuna or chicken.

• Like 2

No deals for us in today’s fake sale LOL. I’m hoping maybe there will be a real sale on actual Black Friday, but not holding my breath.  

I’ve been recipe testing today. We’re going out to dinner Saturday night with newish friends then having them back to our house for dessert.  I made an Olive Oil Pumpkin Cake which I had several weeks ago at a girlfriends house. Sounds strange but it was delicious. The other recipe I tried is a Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie.  So bottom line is Andy and I have a couple of desserts to test tonight after dinner.  The leftovers will go to my neighbor who doesn’t bake but loves sweets.  I sure don’t want them here along with the leftover Halloween candy!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I fully understand.    We usually stop by WJ or Cafe for a salad and try not to look at any other food until dinner😂    Unfortunately, Tutti salad has not returned.    Magic 8-ball says Outlook not good for Tutti

• Like 3

Last game of the football season. Temperature was 40F and sunny. 3 wins this season, 3 more than what the SRs had in 8 years. 

IMG_9887.thumb.jpeg.93e05a605d88f3569f6e4349975255d3.jpeg

IMG_9922.thumb.jpeg.5b9e2d59d6ca12ad993e047c73371f02.jpeg

Read the plaque. LOL, it was made by the school board. It’s the consolation round, not the consultation round. 

IMG_9899.thumb.jpeg.1f4935da89071fc60f9233a75aae7eb3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

No deals for us in today’s fake sale LOL. I’m hoping maybe there will be a real sale on actual Black Friday, but not holding my breath.  

I’ve been recipe testing today. We’re going out to dinner Saturday night with newish friends then having them back to our house for dessert.  I made an Olive Oil Pumpkin Cake which I had several weeks ago at a girlfriends house. Sounds strange but it was delicious. The other recipe I tried is a Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie.  So bottom line is Andy and I have a couple of desserts to test tonight after dinner.  The leftovers will go to my neighbor who doesn’t bake but loves sweets.  I sure don’t want them here along with the leftover Halloween candy!

I saw nothing for my Harmony cruise in a few weeks. Hoping one of my royal up bids are good , but have a grand suite on deck 8 with UDP 😁

• Like 3

Good morning.

It is 41°F and sunny here this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Prayers 🙏 for Dani @dani negreanu for her and her family and friends safety.

I hope everyone else on here is well too especially Greg @Sea Dog after his knee replacement surgery.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Good morning ,all.

The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is on its’ way to NYC. It was found in BinghamtonNY (Upstate ) and is eighty feet tall.

The tree arrives tomorrow and soon it will be strewn with lights.

Maybe Greg or Jimbo would like to lend a hand in decorating the tree?

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And here I was hoping to see some sale prices for our August cruise, when we are taking the grandkids along. 

IMG_9301.thumb.jpeg.cc36ade3686421a8b4c0ed611351de81.jpeg

IMG_9302.thumb.jpeg.38ff379cf84ebb08efddadbd73767e05.jpeg

Somehow, I don’t think those are good sale prices.  

Which sailing?
We are on the Wonder Aug 25 and that has $148 for Coco Beach Club. When checked yesterday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I fully understand.    We usually stop by WJ or Cafe for a salad and try not to look at any other food until dinner😂    Unfortunately, Tutti salad has not returned.    Magic 8-ball says Outlook not good for Tutti

I used to love that too! 😁

• Like 2

I checked our Celebrity sailings for BF sales....zilch in cruise planner.

Sailings are 75% off second person, but with cruise prices raised from $200 up on our sailings. So "fake" sale 😝.🤣  .We have a couple cruises where we did not do AI. I called to get a quote wifi and Zero Proof with Elite+ discount and got a better rate, so booked that on one. Perhaps the CP things will go on sale later, so will keep checking. I am looking for dining pkgs on Beyond since I am interested in eating at a couple restaurants there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The Baileys sounds delicious. Are you still going to make Chocolate Martinis?

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Last game of the football season. Temperature was 40F and sunny. 3 wins this season, 3 more than what the SRs had in 8 years. 

IMG_9887.thumb.jpeg.93e05a605d88f3569f6e4349975255d3.jpeg

IMG_9922.thumb.jpeg.5b9e2d59d6ca12ad993e047c73371f02.jpeg

Read the plaque. LOL, it was made by the school board. It’s the consolation round, not the consultation round. 

IMG_9899.thumb.jpeg.1f4935da89071fc60f9233a75aae7eb3.jpeg

Congratulations to Owen and the team. Bravo!

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 41°F and sunny here this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Prayers 🙏 for Dani @dani negreanu for her and her family and friends safety.

I hope everyone else on here is well too especially Greg @Sea Dog after his knee replacement surgery.

Thanks Graham. Things are a lot better today.

• Like 12