Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  We are headed to my younger daughter's sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving dinner later today.  My daughter married into a great family...very caring and giving people who we get along with well.  Her SIL has a fairly large house with a big open kitchen and living room area, so it's perfect for a large gathering of people.  She does Thanksgiving buffet style, which also works out great for large groups where everyone can bring something.  Since we can't cook much while living in my older daughter's house (who is also invited so my whole family can be there), we'll just bring a few bottles of wine. 

First, we'll squeeze in a few more hours of work painting the second coat on the bedroom.  My older daughter chose some bold colors, which I guess is appropriate for a Victorian house??  I don't know...I'm the tech guy, not the designer. For her living room, she went with Mellow Mauve and for her bedroom, she went with Gale Force. I'll post some pictures when we're done. 

Those are bold colors but I really like them.  Plus it is just paint.  I keep rethinking the color we have in the main part of the house.  If we redo the kitchen like I want we may repaint too.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie!  Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to lunch at Wally's in LBI next Tuesday with my Mahjongg friends.  Is that anywhere near your house?

Wally's is Surf City which is about 10 to 15 min drive from our house.   To get to Wallys you turn left once on the island.  To get to our house you turn right.   We are a couple blocks from Terrace Tavern.

Wally's has good food.  I'm sure you will enjoy😊

• Thanks 1

CnB-Thanksgiving23.pdfToday we are going to a local restaurant.  The ***** n Bull for their harvest buffet.  They have fabulous food with large selection of everything.  

https://peddlersvillage.com/portfolio-items/*****-n-bull-restaurant/

Then Friday or Saturday I will cook a turkey at home.

I am Thankful for all my family and friends and of course everyone on Dani's thread.   I hope everyone has a blessed day.❤️

After posting I see the name of the restaurant isn't permitted 🤣  Coc* and Bull

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bella 3.0 itineraries were posted in the other place that not everyone follows.  
1/24/26 Oasis 8 night Southern Caribbean from FLL.
2/1/26 Oasis 6 night Western Caribbean from FLL.

Two options to join the fun or you could book as a B2B.  The prices seem good especially considering they’re refundable deposits.  We’ll probably book the 8 nighter.  

I hope everyone has a great day and safe travels to those not staying home.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

We were talking about this at work today... my ex has two turkeys and a spiral ham, and it's just him, me, our son (23), and his girlfriend (24)!  I'm envisioning a lot of turkey and sammiches in my future!!!

GAH, I was posting at work and didn't notice this typo... my son's GF is 22, not 24. 

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but the perfectionist side of me is twitching right now because I can't go back and edit it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well and prayers for Dani @dani negreanu and her family for their safety and well being.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1c96876722900ae7c9fe389d789cd5dc.gif

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of our friends here on Dani’s thread.  I hope everyone enjoys their day.

59 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Happy Thanksgiving....

https://bmacards.com/VT5sq2

39 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today we are in St Marten.

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

image.thumb.png.d7025bae2bb0dd9fb30ca19e4cc3788f.png

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bella 3.0 itineraries were posted in the other place that not everyone follows.  
1/24/26 Oasis 8 night Southern Caribbean from FLL.
2/1/26 Oasis 6 night Western Caribbean from FLL.

Two options to join the fun or you could book as a B2B.  The prices seem good especially considering they’re refundable deposits.  We’ll probably book the 8 nighter.  

I hope everyone has a great day and safe travels to those not staying home.  

9 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone !

Just now, akcruz said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our lovely friends here on Dani's thread.  Thankful to have all of you here, may your day bring you joy however you celebrate.

This Sea Dog wishes you all a very happy Thanksgiving with love from my family to yours. I am extremely thankful for Dani and everyone here who had been a good friend and supportive of me. You are some of the most important people in my life. I’ve been extremely lucky to cruise with some of you and it’s been incredible the friendship that has developed. I look forward to hopefully cruising with more of you in the future. Enjoy this day, eat well and know that all of us here are blessed.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our lovely friends here on Dani's thread.  Thankful to have all of you here, may your day bring you joy however you celebrate.

+ 1  🙏

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday would have been my mother’s 95th birthday.  She never did like the fact that she had to celebrate on the day that JFK was assassinated.   Our newspapers had quite a few stories to mark 60 years since that event.  I was in 6th grade, and am old enough to remember where I was when it happened.

Same here... 12 years old. My mom woke me up with the news. We then followed everything, and were mostly impressed with Mrs. Kennedy's dignity through the funeral.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. 

For those of us watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade……what a disappointment. 
The first 30 min. Just talk, showed broadway shows, wind update….. then finally showed the parade. 

Now, interview time. 
Getting ready to “watch the news” as Radio would say. 

I want to see the  parade!!!!!

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. 

For those of us watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade……what a disappointment. 
The first 30 min. Just talk, showed broadway shows, wind update….. then finally showed the parade. 

Now, interview time. 
Getting ready to “watch the news” as Radio would say. 

I want to see the  parade!!!!!

Be safe. 

I'm recording it so then I  can only watch the parade parts

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone cooking a turkey today ever "Spatchcock their Turkey" ?

I prefer the old fashioned way as I like to stuff the bird with stuffing. Also I have a hard time believing that a baking sheet with one inch sides would keep all the the juices in without spilling. When we cook a Turkey we get over an inch of juices which make a great gravy.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I prefer the old fashioned way as I like to stuff the bird with stuffing. Also I have a hard time believing that a baking sheet with one inch sides would keep all the the juices in without spilling. When we cook a Turkey we get over an inch of juices which make a great gravy.

Not sure, never done it like this before either, might try it sometime with a chicken roaster first.

Maybe the meat retains the most of the juices because it is done quicker. I would use 2 sheet pans. One for legs and wings and other sheet pan for both of the breast pieces.

We have one of those 22 quart Oster Roaster Ovens we are cooking our 10 lb turkey in for just my Wife and I. Works really well.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday would have been my mother’s 95th birthday.  She never did like the fact that she had to celebrate on the day that JFK was assassinated.   Our newspapers had quite a few stories to mark 60 years since that event.  I was in 6th grade, and am old enough to remember where I was when it happened.

I was in college and still remember that day vividly.I had a part time job that time and when I arrived there everyone was in shock.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, but the perfectionist side of me is twitching right now because I can't go back and edit it!

It’s a good thing there’s an edit button here. I’d go crazy if I couldn’t fix the minor little errors in my posts. 

• Like 1