Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I would like to add our "Happy Holiday Wishes" to everyone.  

We have a busy few days coming up.  Today I'm finishing up the wrapping and the groceries.

Tomorrow, we have a fun event planned (that we were just surprised with).  Apparently during the summer, the company my son works for had a golf outing with a charity auction.  He bid on the one of the prizes and won it.   So, several family and friends are invited to attend a performance of Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Little Cesars Arena (where the Detroit Red Wings play).  He won a suite, so we will all enjoy the show from a great vantage point.  I'm really looking forward to it.

On Sunday morning the kids will all come over for brunch and presents.  Then on Monday we'll all head to my brother's house for a visit with extended family and dinner.

May you all have a joyous season!

Val & Doug

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

I would like to add our "Happy Holiday Wishes" to everyone.  

We have a busy few days coming up.  Today I'm finishing up the wrapping and the groceries.

Tomorrow, we have a fun event planned (that we were just surprised with).  Apparently during the summer, the company my son works for had a golf outing with a charity auction.  He bid on the one of the prizes and won it.   So, several family and friends are invited to attend a performance of Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Little Cesars Arena (where the Detroit Red Wings play).  He won a suite, so we will all enjoy the show from a great vantage point.  I'm really looking forward to it.

On Sunday morning the kids will all come over for brunch and presents.  Then on Monday we'll all head to my brother's house for a visit with extended family and dinner.

May you all have a joyous season!

Val & Doug

I love Trans Siberian Orchestra. Have been to quite a few performances, although I am not at all a "concert" person.

May you, Doug and family have a wonderful season! We are looking forward to seeing you both on Bella 2 and telling Doug that I recognize him from the CC picture! LOL!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Omigosh, this is just the cutest photo I've seen all holiday season!  What an awesome memory for years to come!

Thank you, I am blessed. Currently babysitting the youngest overnight whilst mum n dad enjoy a night out on the town 

• Like 6

I want to wish all a happy holiday, and thank all of you who offered prayers and support in my battle with throat cancer. Today, my oncology doctor tells me I have no signs of the cancer. I now move into the next stage, follow up visits with an ENT who will monitor and watch for any signs of it coming back.

It'as been 20 years since I last smoked, but the pre treatment  diagnosis seems to point st that as the cause.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I want to wish all a happy holiday, and thank all of you who offered prayers and support in my battle with throat cancer. Today, my oncology doctor tells me I have no signs of the cancer. I now move into the next stage, follow up visits with an ENT who will monitor and watch for any signs of it coming back.

It'as been 20 years since I last smoked, but the pre treatment  diagnosis seems to point st that as the cause.

Excellent news your throat cancer has gone.

Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Fantastic news , Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season from the Sapphire Princess, currently off the coast of Puenta Arenas, Chile.

Tomorrow is a penguin tour, so hopefully pictures to post.

@Sea Dog Please wish Linda a HB from me.  Positive thoughts being sent for her surgery.

@mo&fran Fantastic news!

Everyone, please stay safe and healthy over the Holidays.

Thank you again @dani negreanu for starting this thread.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

My first job in high school was the "Gift Wrap Girl" at our local department store for $1.25 per hour. 😄

Happiest of birthdays to Linda!

So wonderful when we discover that we did good as parents.  What a nice memory you shared. 

Thank you Valerie! I’ll let her know.

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

Before everyone gets busy.  Merry Christmas!  Have a safe, happy time celebrating or not celebrating, cruising or staying home.  Hugs to all.

Thank you so much!

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

@Sea Dog Please wish Linda a happy birthday from Andi and me!  Merry Christmas to all of you as well, I know you'll enjoy the long weekend!

Thank you Larry! All the best this holiday season wished to you and Andi. We miss you and can’t wait to sail with you again.

• Like 3

Went to Hollywood Beach and rented the Surrey bike to ride around the Broadwalk (they call it Broadwalk instead of Boardwalk) with lots of other tourists.

Highly recommend visiti Hollywood Beach for anyone with an extra day pre cruise.

1000039217.thumb.jpg.2c5862a17c679b21a0e299ce8dfee765.jpg

1000039232.thumb.jpg.cf4c1b405a9183b71b513b7e81fe8993.jpg

1000039247.thumb.jpg.8862d87f7e8ef449a0bf84ad5e78aba0.jpg

1000039268.thumb.jpg.df16be0290d4d78b7cb1f84753b39f24.jpg

1000039265.thumb.jpg.569b84f45ca73a8a5409189a5120c263.jpg

1000039264.thumb.jpg.e3f7a4ce24d63bc3b065c3a608c3bb9a.jpg

1000039285.thumb.jpg.4bb4a2df7fea015b7006dd24984a61d4.jpg

1000039284.thumb.jpg.9bf5c3e70d411c62a04c3f1bbce83306.jpg

1000039270.thumb.jpg.b33722394a30c24a5b10c587852a5abc.jpg

• Like 16

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

While not a Hallmark Christmas movie, I recently watched "Last Christmas" on Amazon Prime and found it pleasantly enjoyable. It does start off as a typical rom-com but there is some Christmas magic towards the end that elevates it into Christmas movie status. Plus, I really like Emilia Clarke - aka Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones - so it was interesting to see her in this role. 

Also, lots of George Micheal & Wham songs in the movie since it's supposedly based on the song "Last Christmas"

We saw this one at the cinema.  Whilst I loved Emilia in GOT, it was Henry Golden from the movie Crazy Rich Asians that made the movie for us & the soundtrack.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter is something else!IMG_7851.thumb.jpeg.161de0263602a967d9df45e1d43d1f1a.jpeg

Marietta, I had a little trouble trying to read this to Jim as I tried so hard not to cry.  God Bless your granddaughter, your grandson, and your DD.  What a beautiful and loving family you and Charlie have been Blessed with.  ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Excellent news!  Congratulations😍