Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We have done Hollywood pre cruise before and rented a surrey.  That night they had a free concert on the beach/ square area.  Great memories.

Yeah. The surrey bike rental shops are raking in money at the Broadwalk. 

You see a surrey bike with a family of tourists st least once every 3 minutes. It was tiring though as the 2 row bike was very heavy to pedal. My legs were tired after the one hour pedaling it. Can't imagine doing it for two hours.

20231222_123146.thumb.jpg.1cc9ccfc0693e2e3581bf29d763732e5.jpg

20231222_144558.thumb.jpg.ed3968381c72eeaa4072d3c9b57bfe5c.jpg

I did check the free concert schedule awhile but they didn't have any performances yesterday. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Just finished doing the last of grocery shopping.  5 stores to get everything I hope we need for the next 6 days. If not, someone else will be going. 

Tomorrow afternoon all 3 of our DDs, 6 grands and a couple of SILs will arrive.  It will be a crazy, busy, messy, noisy time but will be wonderful!  I have multiple crafts ready to go, of course games and a 1000 piece puzzle, a cupcake tree decorating contest planned and new this year headed up by a daughter a “ who makes the best Christmas drink” competition, after the kids are in bed of course. 

Sounds like the drinks will be earned at the end of the day. You will have an amazing time. 

16 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I want to wish all a happy holiday, and thank all of you who offered prayers and support in my battle with throat cancer. Today, my oncology doctor tells me I have no signs of the cancer. I now move into the next stage, follow up visits with an ENT who will monitor and watch for any signs of it coming back.

It'as been 20 years since I last smoked, but the pre treatment  diagnosis seems to point st that as the cause.

This is fantastic news!  Congratulations!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Husky 1987-Thanks for your reply.

My problems started around 2017-18.

I noticed my hands getting weak. But just put down as aging & my father had problems with his hands.

We went to Disney in Dec 2019 and I walked 8-9 miles a day with some leg and hip pain and had to rest often, but I did it.

Then the bowel problems started. In Feb 2020 I had an accident @ work. I went home, cleaned up, and went to the ER. I thought I had had a stroke.

After MRI's & Cat scans including being checked for cauda it was determined I had an impinged spinal cord @ C3-4. By the time of my decompression surgery in March 2020 my hands had turned into useless claws and I could no longer walk.

I regained most of my hand functions but they are still weak. I can walk again short distances with a cane and I use a walker for long distances- 100 yards @ most before my left leg goes numb except for extreme throbbing in my left knee. The knee was examined twice xrays, cat scans, mri's and it was determined the pain was neurological. More lumbar cat scans, xrays & mri's and I need L-3 to S1 decompression & fusion.

I go under the knife on Thursday. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Stefan Batory said:

I noticed my hands getting weak. But just put down as aging & my father had problems with his hands.

We went to Disney in Dec 2019 and I walked 8-9 miles a day with some leg and hip pain and had to rest often, but I did it.

Then the bowel problems started. In Feb 2020 I had an accident @ work. I went home, cleaned up, and went to the ER. I thought I had had a stroke.

After MRI's & Cat scans including being checked for cauda it was determined I had an impinged spinal cord @ C3-4. By the time of my decompression surgery in March 2020 my hands had turned into useless claws and I could no longer walk.

I regained most of my hand functions but they are still weak. I can walk again short distances with a cane and I use a walker for long distances- 100 yards @ most before my left leg goes numb except for extreme throbbing in my left knee. The knee was examined twice xrays, cat scans, mri's and it was determined the pain was neurological. More lumbar cat scans, xrays & mri's and I need L-3 to S1 decompression & fusion.

Wow, Don't know what to say other then good luck on Thursday and hope everything goes well.

I surely don't want to like your post. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

@Husky1987 what a wonderful story Larry. Truly the spirit of Christmas in what you all did for Cindy and her family.  

@mo&fran excellent news!  

@Sea Dog please extend belated birthday wishes to Linda from Andy and I.  

I want to add my wishes for everyone here to have a very Merry Christmas however you spend the holiday 🎄🤶!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Spirit of Christmas time...

This lady and her husband came into our shop yesterday about 2:00.  There's a direct door into my (shared) office, so she walked in and asked if we could make a roasting pan.  She had a little piece of paper with dimensions and all that.  She had someone lined up to make one but it fell through, and she went to a couple other places close by and they gave her the "we don't have the time" brush off.  I asked her when she needed it by...she looked down and kinda shyly said "Saturday??"

Being the Thursday before Christmas, we had plenty of people out early, and more not working today to make a longer weekend.  So I sent her over to our sales and production office, gave our salesman Mike a heads up that a very sweet lady was coming around with a huge ask and said to him if there's any way we can do something to make a good Christmas, let's make it happen.  I walked over to the other side of the shop and saw her talking to Mike.  Our folks were already on it.  Our programmer was drawing something up, our production supervisor was looking for a scrap piece of material we could make her pan out of, and our brake press operator was getting his brake set up.  Cindy (the lady) was tearing up....she told us that her husband was in stage 4 cancer, and this pan was for roasting a pig for a big party Sunday for his mom.  She asked how much it was going to cost, and we told her it won't cost you anything....Merry Christmas.  She cried some happy tears.  We told her we'd call her in the morning when it was done.  

So this morning one of our welders welded it up, put some handles on it.  She and her husband came in to pick it up....she brought cake for the gang. 

There are plenty of days in my job that really suck.  In the 21+ years I've been working here, this may be the best day I've ever had. 

That's gonna be some pig.

When you get a chance to make someone's Christmas...just do it 🙂  

IMG_4546.jpg.b8fa8129955e1d727ce7ac81357cd6de.jpg

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing it as well as for what you did. You never know what someone else is going through and how you can touch their lives.

• Like 13

There are 8 cruise ships in port today with 23,000+ passegettung off and 23,000+ folks like us trying to get on.

The transfer companies and share ride drivers will have a busy (yet profitable) day transporting all the passengers to/from the cruise terminnals. 

We will be in line to board the Odyssey along with several thousand of my new BFFs in couple of hours.

Screenshot_20231223_073325_Chrome.thumb.jpg.54d8f0854594208b050be66412d1f494.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Stefan Batory said:

All I can say is I've been there.  Before my herniation/surgery, I was running 7 miles a day, 6 days a week.  Afterwards, I measured my progress by how many times I could walk up and down the hallway of my house before my legs were to weak to keep going.  

Best of luck to you on Thursday, I hope you find some relief.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

There are 8 cruise ships in port today with 23,000+ passegettung off and 23,000+ folks like us trying to get on.

The transfer companies and share ride drivers will have a busy (yet profitable) day transporting all the passengers to/from the cruise terminnals. 

We will be in line to board the Odyssey along with several thousand of my new BFFs in couple of hours.

Screenshot_20231223_073325_Chrome.thumb.jpg.54d8f0854594208b050be66412d1f494.jpg

Have a great cruise. I will be reuniting with Odyssey in February.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have a great cruise. I will be reuniting with Odyssey in February.

Thanks. I'll make sure there's at least one working bar stool for you after our crazy parties...

Oh, wait, I was thinking of the Carnival cruise parties and fights. Never mind...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stefan Batory said:

Good luck with your surgery

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ocean Boy We had a pre-Christmas visitor tonight from your favourite Australian spider.  He appeared as I went to close the blinds.  Sadly DH extinguished him with the Mortein spray before I could re-locate the Huntsman back outside (he had scuttled behind one of DH’s framed cricket photos) and there was a risk of the glass frame breaking whilst I tried to catch him.

I just had to google that one.  Shuddering.  That might be worse than the 5 inch garden snake we found in our house a couple of years ago.  The neighbors had dug up their yard and one found its way in. Luckily our little dog alerted us it was there before it surprised me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

just had to google that one.  Shuddering.

Agreed. I used an incognito browser just to prevent any weird things popping up on my FB or anything.

A large part of me would love to visit Australia some day, but then I see the pictures of all the creepy crawlies that are there and I start questioning that! LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sitting here chilling with my new BFFs.

As others have posted, Port Everglades doesn't ask when is your official check in time as terminal 18 is humongous to seat thousands of people. Unlike San Pedro which has less than 200 seats so they have to be very strict on the check in time.

20231223_103255.thumb.jpg.10bba0f680cc20d6a14c4641a1cae489.jpg

20231223_104451.thumb.jpg.9534dbf580aaf51bb515376776b7260b.jpg

20231223_104355.thumb.jpg.a3326f19cddf7790b34568b63c253ce5.jpg

20231223_105018.thumb.jpg.f291f74e5382a5851837ed1480c796e8.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Spirit of Christmas time...

This lady and her husband came into our shop yesterday about 2:00.  There's a direct door into my (shared) office, so she walked in and asked if we could make a roasting pan.  She had a little piece of paper with dimensions and all that.  She had someone lined up to make one but it fell through, and she went to a couple other places close by and they gave her the "we don't have the time" brush off.  I asked her when she needed it by...she looked down and kinda shyly said "Saturday??"

Being the Thursday before Christmas, we had plenty of people out early, and more not working today to make a longer weekend.  So I sent her over to our sales and production office, gave our salesman Mike a heads up that a very sweet lady was coming around with a huge ask and said to him if there's any way we can do something to make a good Christmas, let's make it happen.  I walked over to the other side of the shop and saw her talking to Mike.  Our folks were already on it.  Our programmer was drawing something up, our production supervisor was looking for a scrap piece of material we could make her pan out of, and our brake press operator was getting his brake set up.  Cindy (the lady) was tearing up....she told us that her husband was in stage 4 cancer, and this pan was for roasting a pig for a big party Sunday for his mom.  She asked how much it was going to cost, and we told her it won't cost you anything....Merry Christmas.  She cried some happy tears.  We told her we'd call her in the morning when it was done.  

So this morning one of our welders welded it up, put some handles on it.  She and her husband came in to pick it up....she brought cake for the gang. 

There are plenty of days in my job that really suck.  In the 21+ years I've been working here, this may be the best day I've ever had. 

That's gonna be some pig.

When you get a chance to make someone's Christmas...just do it 🙂  

IMG_4546.jpg.b8fa8129955e1d727ce7ac81357cd6de.jpg

This was a great post to start my day!  So uplifting!  You and the crew are such  a blessing. I had to share the story with Sharon and she loved it.  I wish you, the crew and all our Dani thread family a Merry Christmas!

• Like 9