Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I want to thank all of our beautiful friends on here for your thoughtful and sincere condolences on reading of our dear Lois' passing this past Friday. 

@Luckynana

Maryann,

So sorry. I've kind of been "lost in translation", misunderstanding your post.😢 😢 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Luckynana

Maryann,

So sorry. I've kind of been "lost in translation", misunderstanding your post.😢 😢 😢

Maryann , my condolences on the loss of your dearest friend. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy fourth anniversary to us.   Once again thank you Dani for a safe and happy place for us all to come!❤️

Happy Anniversary Marietta and Charlie! Cheers to you on your special day.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy fourth anniversary to us.   Once again thank you Dani for a safe and happy place for us all to come!❤️

I know what that means... time to clean my refrigerator!

• Haha 20

54 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not our anniversary.  The anniversary of this thread😁

Just celebrate everything, whether it is or it is on another date. 🥰

So cheers to all things to celebrate! 🥂

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@firefly333

Jane how you doing today? I was thinking about you yesterday and hoping all went well.

Well it was a bit of a zoo. My bil was my ride. Last friday a 18 wheeler rear ended them and smashed the back of their car. He said he was stopped, maybe at a light, not  oving so the trucks fault. I think police called and truck driver either accidentally or on purpose gave fake insurance for the truck. So he was calling to get a rental car, which was to be delivered to their house at 3 pm, my surgery at 2 pm. 

So he calls me at 11:30 saying I could just drop him off at the rental car place. What about my car, how do I get it home? Hmmm. I'm also supposed to check in at 12:30. So he says ok just come get him and he will figure out the rental car. We didnt get a block from their house my sister is calling him, "I'm hungry". Miss spoiled. He told her she would have to wait until he got back and take her to eat in my car. Yikes. 

This is his 3rd accident in a short while. Hes not a good driver though this wasnt his fault. I didnt see a choice. I cant see a uber driver signing for my release.  So anyway he lined up their neighbor to drive me home but I said I can drive fine, I just needed someone to sign for my release. 

I talked to the doctor this morning. I said I dont understand their policy that they wouldnt answer any questions until I have someone with me. I'd asked for instance when I can remove the eye patch. They said cant answer until your ride is here. He said he does very mild sedation. Other surgeons put patients to sleep and heavier sedation than he does so the policy is for all. Seems a bit dumb to me they refuse to answer questions, my bil with a terrible memory has to be present.

I said I'm also concerned I can barely read stuff  now. What I type here is blurry. He said be patient, the eyes need to work together. I could see close in just fine but not distances. Now I see distances, but close up like this is blurry and a bit double. He assures me I am seeing at least 20 20, maybe 20 25. Doesnt seem like it to me.

I go back next Wednesday for a check up. He says great results ... wish I could see close up like before .. I do hope it's coming. I could do wifi better before the surgery. I havent tried to read a book. Surgery done and I made it hime ... amid some confusion. We dont yet know if my bil car is totalled, it's pretty new so maybe not. 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Not going to find out this year (btw, Welcome to the BigTen)

Looks like it's going to be Paige vs. Caitlin.

Why not this year ? It may be Iowa vs.SC 

One of my granddaughters friends is on a team that nearly defeated SC last week.They can be beaten.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't count out UConn just yet!

I am not counting out UConn.Caitlin wanted to play for UConn but they never wanted her

She is dating the son of the Iowa Men’s Basketball team.She will be a starter on Indiana in the WNBA team next year .Pluses for choosing to play at Iowa.

Edited by lenquixote66

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dang, I forgot to buy everyone a card.  I guess one of these will need to do.

HA2US.png.5f85298546ce488e834e99e57182e8b2.png

anniversary-happy-anniversary.gif.04809175435b748f6a86aeea60f95a9e.gif

hugs-cats.gif.0f724dd602a507e29f6a5fcbd2f8c78a.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

+1  @dani negreanu & friends

Since the traditional gift for a 4th year anniversary is fruit or flowers... 

I chose a couple of cards with flowers for us. 💞

th-911488926.jpeg.a6439dcad1274c45c5477f94c7ec7940.jpeg

th-3416241340.jpeg.60d5ce7fcc27595a9a18deaac76d737d.jpeg

Happy 4th Anniversary to us along with wishes for many more years of caring and sharing!

💞Sue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why not this year ? It may be Iowa vs.SC 

Because in your original post, you said:

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you expect Iowa to beat USC ?

USC is pretty much universally understood to mean "University of Southern California". (which is why I added "Welcome to the BigTen"). Obviously USC lost to UConn, so we would have no idea who would win as they won't play each other this year.

Now it seems that you are referring to South Carolina, which is the "University of South Carolina", which arguably could also could go by USC, but if they do, it would have to be a very localized or regional thing.

So with that, "expect", no. But I will be rooting for them assuming they beat UConn.

I think the odds are saying:

SC vs IA in the final with SC winning.

They also suggest that SC, IA, or UConn all have a reasonable possible of winning, with NC State being the clear long shot.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

Because in your original post, you said:

USC is pretty much universally understood to mean "University of Southern California". (which is why I added "Welcome to the BigTen"). Obviously USC lost to UConn, so we would have no idea who would win as they won't play each other this year.

Now it seems that you are referring to South Carolina, which is the "University of South Carolina", which arguably could also could go by USC, but if they do, it would have to be a very localized or regional thing.

So with that, "expect", no. But I will be rooting for them assuming they beat UConn.

I think the odds are saying:

SC vs IA in the final with SC winning.

They also suggest that SC, IA, or UConn all have a reasonable possible of winning, with NC State being the clear long shot.

University of South Carolina has been called USC by NY media.I believe that South Carolina could lose no matter who they play in the finals because Indiana nearly beat them last Friday.I am biased but in my opinion the refs made several bad calls in the game.

Next Fall all the Indiana fans who rooted against Caitlin will be rooting for her because she will be on the Indiana WNBA team.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Thread-iversary everyone!  

And a very special thank you to @dani negreanu Dani for deciding to clean out her refrigerator that day.  

LOL Deb, we could sing like they do on the cruise "Happy Versary to you"!🤣

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not counting out UConn.Caitlin wanted to play for UConn but they never wanted her

She is dating the son of the Iowa Men’s Basketball team.She will be a starter on Indiana in the WNBA team next year .Pluses for choosing to play at Iowa.

Hope she can put on some weight  before starting in the pros. She looked so frail. She might not be so successful in the pros.

Edited by Jimbo