Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We finally received our daughter’s professional photos from her July wedding.  Over 350+proofs to narrow down.  I’m posting one of the finalist picture that might be the one we place in our foyer. 

5B0CC2EC-4608-448F-A8C8-1B753A471353.jpeg

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

Wrapping up the Utah trip…

we left Moab around 9:30am Monday and began what was to be a long travel day back home.

2E17491B-2284-4B26-9B0B-226C458B296E.thumb.jpeg.a0b254bfa74bcbfcd7e399e44e3be944.jpeg

2B49FD29-DFB9-419D-8F7E-CAF967926D4A.thumb.jpeg.f2addae7c03962aae2197dff58d6260d.jpeg

There is nothing quite like homegrown produce, especially tomatoes. 

Glad you made it home safely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Garden is still hanging on. Still a few more tomatoes to pick,corn is done.But now the peppers are picking up,I think they like the cooler temps at night.

Get some onions and cilantro and it's salsa time. Don't forget the cold cerveza or margaritas or the tequila shots or all.   

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

@John&LaLa was going to get me a recipe about 2 weeks ago, not sure if he ever posted it back then or not.  I missed it if he did because I was a bad boy. Did anyone see it if he posted it?

If you've never made salsa or Pico de Gallo google it. Simple to make and oh so good. Especially with fresh vine ripened tomatoes. 

• Like 1

My dad decided his project for this winter was to clean out his shed.  It was always neat & tidy but he had accumulated a lot of stuff over the decades as one does.  He took it slowly and it gave him a lot of pleasure discovering stuff from many many years ago including the programs for all the dragon boat races he had competed in over the years in many different countries.   The big find was a tube containing a handwritten family tree dating back to 1750.  He is from the UK with European ancestry.

1FEF7F4B-E215-42AF-B148-FDC9E679F6D8.jpeg

• Like 14

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie was born at 10:04 AM a year ago today. We were just sent her one year old birthday pictures.  Hope you don’t mind so many pics but it’s hard to pick just one. They plan to come visit us at noon.
image.thumb.jpeg.3361f6a6f2e783a7fda2f25d8357dd7e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.174b13265c380fd22871d7f898e0a5b3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cdd623f30c85cd6a03180599666437ef.jpeg

image.jpeg

These pictures made my day! Hugs to Kenzie!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My dad decided his project for this winter was to clean out his shed.  It was always neat & tidy but he had accumulated a lot of stuff over the decades as one does.  He took it slowly and it gave him a lot of pleasure discovering stuff from many many years ago including the programs for all the dragon boat races he had competed in over the years in many different countries.   The big find was a tube containing a handwritten family tree dating back to 1750.  He is from the UK with European ancestry.

That is a very extensive Family Tree! :classic_biggrin: I'll bet it is really interesting! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

We stopped in well known Palisade, CO for some peaches. As we drove in I remembered the winery I had tried at the wine festival I went to last weekend. I had really enjoyed their peach wine and thought mom would too. 
Did someone say wine?! 😉

2E17491B-2284-4B26-9B0B-226C458B296E.thumb.jpeg.a0b254bfa74bcbfcd7e399e44e3be944.jpeg

we did a tasting: 3 for $5

54D1BC20-0B58-4DC8-A442-22784BD380B6.thumb.jpeg.5ebae684f766c37ee15d8229f901ff69.jpeg

mom’s selections:

4564E6F8-19B6-48C0-A6CD-815F323DAA01.thumb.jpeg.97018ebb0f2f8d2c05478aea10b1e4c8.jpeg

mine:

F2B28FA3-793D-43ED-A23B-2C39EB3BE628.thumb.jpeg.e5c6806acfee9bb92cd1ec6b6b2a1047.jpeg

If you like peach wine and sweet wine try this: Barefoot Peach Fruitscato

Barefoot Peach Fruitscato  750ML image number 1

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@John&LaLa was going to get me a recipe about 2 weeks ago, not sure if he ever posted it back then or not.  I missed it if he did because I was a bad boy. Did anyone see it if he posted it?

I'd like a look at that recipe too.

I just wing mine. I use a food processor. Dump in tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno. Add some fresh lime juice at the end for some pop. Sometimes I add in other peppers. Simple to make. I don't measure and it turns out different every time.

If you use a food processor you will need to let it rest for a while. It does create quite a bit of froth. But during that time the flavors will blend.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Additional info
  • Like 3

Dinner out tonight was at the Grand Resort in Warren Ohio.  We never tried this place, but since they market it to be like being on a cruise ship, why not give it a try. 

We ate poolside to enjoy some live music. 

One thing I can say is that the chocolate molten lava cake was excellent. 

EB095E56-F296-4C07-9B44-3AD6F94130ED.thumb.jpeg.f02224c6a06db222a8ac251e4dab773f.jpeg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Garden is still hanging on. Still a few more tomatoes to pick,corn is done.But now the peppers are picking up,I think they like the cooler temps at night.

20210910_172703.jpg

20210910_172628.jpg

Beautiful peppers.  I'm down to probably last picking of tomatoes this coming week, peppers are doing good for me too, eggplant is probably on last batch, spaghetti squash and zucchini probably come to an end in a week or two.

I need to dry more herbs this weekend as well as catnip for the babies to survive the winter.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

1FEF7F4B-E215-42AF-B148-FDC9E679F6D8.jpeg

Wow that is an amazing find.  I love that kind of stuff.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

😱 how do you do this?

It is a really old Better Homes & Gardens family recipe. But we all really like it. 

Modifications: 1) We have a fondue pot that sits on an electric heater, so we make it in the fondue pot on the stove and then transfer pot to warmer. 2) We really like garlic, so I actually press about 4 good sized cloves or add some minced garlic directly in to the wine before adding the cheese. 3) Substitute Barefoot Moscato wine for Sauterne. 4) Big fan of Swiss cheese, so I add maybe an ounce or more extra. 5) Round loaf of sourdough is best, (more crust area) and slightly stale or dry. 

We love it, and look forward to it once a month or so, during fall & winter. :classic_biggrin: Gruyere is available at our local supermarket (Safeway) in the specialty cheese area.  We just buy the smallest block we can find and freeze the little leftovers for future meals. 

Classic Cheese Fondue.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

I had fondue at a friend's house back in the 70's. I came home and told my mom about how wonderful it was. Since we already had a fondue pot and the cookbook...we have been enjoying it ever since. Mom is gone now. But Bill & I really like it, except for the calories. 

Fondue Pot.jpg

Photo of Fondue.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I had fondue at a friend's house back in the 70's. I came home and told my mom about how wonderful it was. Since we already had a fondue pot and the cookbook...we have been enjoying it ever since. Mom is gone now. But Bill & I really like it, except for the calories. 

Fondue Pot.jpg

Photo of Fondue.jpg

John isn't that fond of cheese so I don't think I could get him too interested in this one.

We do have the other fondue on occasion. It's nice to put on some music, wine and a leisurely dinner.

I don't use oil though. I use broth or stock which makes the meal quite a bit lighter.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

John isn't that fond of cheese so I don't think I could get him too interested in this one.

We do have the other fondue on occasion. It's nice to put on some music, wine and a leisurely dinner.

I don't use oil though. I use broth or stock which makes the meal quite a bit lighter.

We love cheese!  But I am just sharing it in case anyone is interested. I really don't like cooking. Mostly because I dislike coming up with , "What to eat for dinner?". So I appreciate different recipes and meal ideas that have been posted on this thread. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

When we did our Pacific Coastal Cruise, we had a stop in Seattle. We bought a huge bouquet of flowers from Pikes Market and took them on the ship. The flowers lasted like 7 days until we got off the ship in Vancouver. They are so beautiful and fresh it's amazing.

Then we had to hunt down a vase on the ship. That was an exciting adventure obtaining one. 🙂

I love Pikes Market. We had to do the same. I asked the room steward if he had anything and he brought back a large plastic champagne/wine cooler container. Worked great. Most of our flowers lasted longer, but I had them make me a bouquet with lots of the large lilies. They last longer than most of the other flowers do. I picked out the other ones as they died. On another cruise I asked the room steward for the same container and he said they didn’t have any. We were in a GS the first time so maybe that made a difference.

If someone has allergies do not buy the big lilies or other flowers with a lot of pollen. Mike kept sneezing and we thought it was dust in the room. Finally figured out what it was so I cut the stamens off. It worked so I didn’t have to throw them away. 😁

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1