Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, it would take a pretty cold guy to not be moved by that.

Well, since I am a crier,  I wanted to make sure he would get a little emotional,  it worked,  

Later he told me he did not need any help from  me, he got teary eyed when they opened the doors for him to walk her down the aisle before he saw her runner.

Stay healthy

• Like 3

In September 2001 I had an interview scheduled for a job at 2 World Trade Center on 9/11 at 9:30 AM.It was arranged by my friend Barry ,Director of Security for the company he worked for.Barry had suggested that I come early and meet him for coffee and he would bring me up to the HR Dept.

A few days prior my interview was rescheduled for the following week.I suggested that I meet Barry anyway but he laughed and said we will do that on my interview day.

Barry had been a highly decorated NYC Police Detective before taking his last job.His wife and family knew that he would never have attempted to leave the building until he got as many people as possible out.

23 people owe their lives to him.He is and will always be my hero.

My wife and I have been to 911 memorials all over the US to tell people about Barry .

If anyone is interested in reading about him and or reading the posts made by his friends and relatives Google:Howard Barry Kirschbaum

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

On our 1st ever cruise (Jewel OTS out of Miami, February 2010), there was a cart, I think on the 5th floor, vending flowers.

Not seen since then.

Guess we will never see that again. It was a nice touch for formal night buying my wife some flowers before going to dinner...Guess those days are over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Longer cruises might be fun when I no longer work. However, right now I tend to find that after an 8 day cruise I rather look forward to getting back to a normal routine. I also like getting back to my normal eating habits. 

Maybe after trying a longer cruise I'll find that I like them. I do find that I really like the extra day of an 8 night cruise over a 7. I have no interest in short 3-4 night cruises. I would definitely need to adjust my eating, and even my drinking, on a longer cruise though. I know that I don't eat in a healthy way on a ship and I feel it at the end of the cruise.

We definitely drink and eat too much on a cruise but somehow Eric always has the best blood work results after we do b2bs or longer.  His transplant doc used to always tell us whatever you are doing on a cruise do at home too.  That's impossible😉

• Like 5

Very sad day for many families.  

My family was very lucky that we didnt lose my Brother or Eric.

My Brother frequently travels for business and was in Boston with a work group preparing a big presentation for a company in CA.  He was booked to be on AA flight 11 but in the taxi on his way to the airport he realized he left a very important portfolio in his hotel room and asked taxi driver to go back to hotel.  While in taxi he called AA and switched his flight out.  Thank god he forgot his portfolio!  Which Btw is something he never does.  

Eric left our house early that morning to drive up to NYC to meet a client for coffee at 9:30 am and go over his loan documents with him but traffic was horrible and he was running a bit late.

I was at home getting ready for work when my girlfriend from work called telling me to put tv on and I immediately called Eric and told him what was going on then I didnt hear from him for hours as cell phone lines were jammed up.

Another girlfriend who worked in center city Philadelphia called my home asking if I could pick her children up from school as the train was shutdown and she had no way to get home.  So I picked them up along with my 2 boys and the 6 children spent the day playing and me trying my best to stop them from watching the tv all day.   I had no clue what to tell the children was going on.

God bless Everyone!

• Like 15

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Give it a try.

I went with Celebrity to Galapagos, since RC wasn't in the game. Top notch experience.

Since then, I alternate, depending mainly on the itinerary, and then, on the ship.

For example, Allure was in Europe in 2015, and wanted to experience the biggest cruise ship, even if the itinerary was not so interesting.

Now, I try to be on their newest class, the Edge, but Covid keeps interfering....

Personally - the food is better in X, the entertainment better in RC.

Totally agree rccl has the best entertainment, celebrity has slightly better food and way better suite perks.

• Like 3

On 9/11/01, I was in NY at work, approx. 35 mins from the twin towers,  and my boss rushed in to say that a plane crashed into one of the twin towers.  When the 2nd plane hit  we were horrified and couldn't make sense of anything.

Remember how strange it was to be outside and not hear any planes in the aftermath?

My friend's sister worked in the North tower on a top floor and would have become a statistic if not for her young daughter's fever which saved her life.  Monica spent an extra few minutes with her child making her miss her usual train which would have gotten her into work at 8am.  First plane hit 8:36am.  

On a happy note, @Lionesssthose wedding pictures are beautiful and brightened up a very sad day.  You all look wonderful!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, mets07 said:

On 9/11, I would like to remember all those who were killed.  In my case, I would like to especially remember the dad of a boy at my sons' school. The boy, an only child, was in 6th grade.  And a woman who died that I had previously worked with, who was a sweet lady who gave me tips on making lasagna. They both worked in the towers. 

Today weather-wise is a beautiful day here, reminiscent of the actual day 20 years ago. 

❤️🤍💙 

Since you are a METS fan I assume you will be watching the 911 memorial program at 7 PM prior to the METS game.

I saw a very interesting 9/11 story on Twitter, that the Denver Post has published to give it a broader view.  A daughter is looking for 7 strangers that her father drove from Omaha to Denver on 9/11.  Their flight to Denver did an emergency landing in Omaha when the towers were hit.  He rented a van knowing that others would need a ride, and drive the first 7 people that he could find.  He died of brain cancer in 2016 and his daughter is trying to find the 7 strangers.  Here's the Denver Post story:

Did a man give you a ride to Denver from the Omaha airport on 9/11? His daughter is looking for you. – The Denver Post

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Just a few more wedding pictures. The first one is of me and Rick. Parents of the bride. The rest speak for themselves. 

8AA2AD17-3873-431D-A846-CF42AEF8BDE8.jpeg

E3B0EEAE-B9E1-44F8-9630-DBA8A3AD1F53.jpeg

13D52001-9293-477C-9EFF-EAACAECF35D5.jpeg

48F75E1F-D9CA-4D18-807C-4B7548BD2626.jpeg

61EB534E-E893-45B0-898B-37E9BB02EA37.jpeg

8E40778B-CE03-4270-AA53-6C15696DA90D.jpeg

What a beautiful bride! And a handsome groom that plays the piano. That’s a skill that makes everyone happy!

Windedfulphotos!

• Like 2

It’s hard to believe that it’s been 20 years since that awful day.  I remember I was driving to a new clients house, Mrs. Gilmartin.  I was working for a kitchen design company.  As I was driving there, I was listening to “The Bob and Sherri Show” on a local Charlotte radio station when Sherri said a plane just hit one of the Twin Towers.  It was eerie listening to it on what is typically a very comedic morning radio show.  Hopefully we will never have to live through anything like that again.

TSOTD #1 for the gym this morning: Never Forget

58E93329-62A2-4590-851D-A3B3AC3571BE.jpeg.bc3b8f33dd3bf921b68587dc2f33c887.jpeg
TSOTD #2 after showering…. AMERICA 

778EEEFB-1DC8-4134-8AC4-C86CD3C262A0.jpeg.1bbc5180ad60c66199c3cc7fb780f199.jpeg

• Like 5

I think this is a pretty awesome video if anyone would like to spend 12 minutes of their lives watching it...

My niece’s husband was captain if a tugboat in New York Harbor. They pulled up to Battery Park and loaded as many people as they could safely. 
Those people had to stand jammed together to the Jersey shore. 
Tony said not one of them spoke, all the way. They just stood there in shock. 
He lost count of the round trips, 

but they went back and forth till there was no one left. 
Tony said he cried himself to sleep that night. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Rick seems to really have enjoy his Celebrity cruise in Greece.  He posted some great photos on Instagram.  Has me thinking of Celebrity in the future.

I agree, his photos of Greece were gorgeous.  A Med and/or Greek Isles cruise is at the top of my bucket list.  
We have our first Celebrity cruise coming up in March 2022 with some new to us Caribbean islands. Really hoping the island protocols improve by then. 

• Like 2

Well, it would take a pretty cold guy to not be moved by that.

Being the dad of 3 married daughters,  I totally agree.  Memories that will always be with us.  Remembering the first wedding I thought I would try hard to hold back the emotions the 2nd.  About 2 steps down the aisle, boom!  The 3rd I just excepted it was going to happen.

• Like 6

On 9/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie was born at 10:04 AM a year ago today. We were just sent her one year old birthday pictures.  Hope you don’t mind so many pics but it’s hard to pick just one. They plan to come visit us at noon.
image.thumb.jpeg.3361f6a6f2e783a7fda2f25d8357dd7e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.174b13265c380fd22871d7f898e0a5b3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cdd623f30c85cd6a03180599666437ef.jpeg

image.jpeg

Happy Birthday Kenzie Jo!!  Not only beautiful, but extremely photogenic!❤️

• Like 3