Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

This is for the furry kids who lost someone on 911...

FB_IMG_1631398784029.jpg.20c5acc1cd5f8ed860b04852124e2fa1.jpg

If I passed before my dog, I would ask for permission to return just to say goodbye; to let my dog know that God called me, and that I didn't abandon him.

I would tell him I want him to take care of himself, and that in the meantime, I'll be waiting for him.

I would give him one last kiss, one last hug, and tell him that he's the best thing that has ever happened to me. That he is the one I've loved the most.

If I pass first, give me permission to tell him that. And especially to tell him that when we finally meet again, it will be forever.

- Anonymous

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Beautiful. I love flowers. I might stop at Bj’s Monday morning to pick some up. It just depends how much time I’ll have before check in. It will be on our way from the paver company down to Miami. Yup, we are stopping at a paver company to sign the paperwork before we leave. 🤣

How  many square feet of pavers are you having put in, my wife now wants one of those firepit kits that Lowes sells. I believe I can do it myself, shouldn't take much. Just clear an area in the grass, put down a base, the 36 landscape blocks rounded , 3 layers and then the top metal ring...........Thank god she doesn't want pavers around it, just have the current grass around the blocks.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If I passed before my dog, I would ask for permission to return just to say goodbye; to let my dog know that God called me, and that I didn't abandon him.

I would tell him I want him to take care of himself, and that in the meantime, I'll be waiting for him.

I would give him one last kiss, one last hug, and tell him that he's the best thing that has ever happened to me. That he is the one I've loved the most.

If I pass first, give me permission to tell him that. And especially to tell him that when we finally meet again, it will be forever.

- Anonymous

Wiping tears and blowing nose.

So much sadness in one day.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think this is a pretty awesome video if anyone would like to spend 12 minutes of their lives watching it...

I watch this video every year. It hits me hard. 

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

My niece’s husband was captain if a tugboat in New York Harbor. They pulled up to Battery Park and loaded as many people as they could safely. 
Those people had to stand jammed together to the Jersey shore. 
Tony said not one of them spoke, all the way. They just stood there in shock. 
He lost count of the round trips, 

but they went back and forth till there was no one left. 
Tony said he cried himself to sleep that night. 

Thank you for sharing.  He and his crew helped these people more than they would ever know. The same for all of those that helped in this mission. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have not seen Ken @Ourusualbeach on any threads.   I hope is ok.    

Monopoly?

He should be back soon. He is helping with Elections Canada, as we have an election September 20th.  Advanced polls opened Friday and close Monday. Lisa and I actually voted this afternoon. 

I suspect we will be seeing him back here around the 21st. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He should be back soon. He is helping with Elections Canada, as we have an election September 20th.  Advanced polls opened Friday and close Monday. Lisa and I actually voted this afternoon. 

I suspect we will be seeing him back here around the 21st. 

Happy to hear all is well and he is helping out with elections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

- Anonymous

That's a tear jerker...😢

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

How  many square feet of pavers are you having put in, my wife now wants one of those firepit kits that Lowes sells. I believe I can do it myself, shouldn't take much. Just clear an area in the grass, put down a base, the 36 landscape blocks rounded , 3 layers and then the top metal ring...........Thank god she doesn't want pavers around it, just have the current grass around the blocks.

You know one thing leads to another😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure how many square feet, but I could ask Mike. We are having U. S. Brick &  Block do it. We are having them put around the pool and will also have the driveway done. Monday it’s just for the pool deck since I’m not 100% sure exactly what we want on the driveway. Hopefully we will get that decided shortly after we get back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure how many square feet, but I could ask Mike. We are having U. S. Brick &  Block do it. We are having them put around the pool and will also have the driveway done. Monday it’s just for the pool deck since I’m not 100% sure exactly what we want on the driveway. Hopefully we will get that decided shortly after we get back.

I would like to do a paver driveway but it is 70 ft long. It also widenes to 3 cars as it approaches the garage. No idea what it would cost.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think this is a pretty awesome video if anyone would like to spend 12 minutes of their lives watching it...

“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” –

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you for posting this, I never knew about the boat evacuation.  Very moving . Shows the best of humanity in times of need

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would like to do a paver driveway but it is 70 ft long. It also widenes to 3 cars as it approaches the garage. No idea what it would cost.

We are having our driveway repaved, it is 85ft long and 25 ft wide.  I have had estimates from $8k to almost $10k.  I can't even imagine what pavers would cost.  I like the look but not sure how well they would do with snow plowing and snow blowing.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We are having our driveway repaved, it is 85ft long and 25 ft wide.  I have had estimates from $8k to almost $10k.  I can't even imagine what pavers would cost.  I like the look but not sure how well they would do with snow plowing and snow blowing.

I always figured they would shift out of place with the ground expanding/contracting with temperature changes, ice, snow, etc.      I do have a neighbor on my street that had 3 or 4 feet  of pavers installed on each side and top and bottom of their driveway this summer as a decorative feature.     It looks beautiful now but will be interesting to see how good it looks after a couple of winters.   

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The pavers around our pool plus the walkway from the pool to the back deck are 1500 sq ft.  Total cost was $23,000.  $7k in materials and $16k in labor (which included a LOT of fill brought in plus a lot of grading).  

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I always figured they would shift out of place with the ground expanding/contracting with temperature changes, ice, snow, etc.      I do have a neighbor on my street that had 3 or 4 feet  of pavers installed on each side and top and bottom of their driveway this summer as a decorative feature.     It looks beautiful now but will be interesting to see how good it looks after a couple of winters.   

Frost heaving is one of the issues with my current driveway. plus age, it is around 30 years old.  Our driveway is a curved hill up to a flat pad in front of the garage.  Pavers just wouldn't work with the grade.  We currently have to snow blow the driveway and then shovel everything that is left in all the uneven areas.  Way too much work.  I don't want another winter doing that.

We signed a contract about a month ago and had to go with our second choice as our first choice can't guarantee he can get it done before the end of the paving season (ends around Thanksgiving),  As it is, our estimate date is around Halloween with the company we are going with.  Just hope the other work we are having done gets finished or we will have to delay the driveway.  Getting anyone scheduled these days is a nightmare.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

The pavers around our pool plus the walkway from the pool to the back deck are 1500 sq ft.  Total cost was $23,000.  $7k in materials and $16k in labor (which included a LOT of fill brought in plus a lot of grading).  

Thanks. I think pavers are not going to do it. I don't want to put a ton of  money into a driveway and I don't foresee the snow blower and pavers working well together.

I had the front walkway done in stamped concrete and I really like the look but, again, not snow blower user friendly. Fortunately, we don't use the front door as the main entrance to the house so I just leave it snow covered.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

9/11

Watching NBC Morning News while on the phone, I saw the first plane hit the Tower; I said to my friend, I can't believe a plane just hit the World Trade Center!  While still watching, I then saw the second plane hit.  

Fighter jets then flew over our house, heading to Manhattan.

My friend called back and asked my daughter and myself to pick up her daughters from their schools.  

When I got to the one school, it was just starting to get a little crazy, as students were being called from their classrooms, not knowing what was going on.   

We then lost phone service.

Jim had retired from FDNY in 1999, but had all of his fire gear;  his boots, his turnout coat, and his helmet.

Jim and his fellow retired friends headed to Manhattan the next day, and went for a total of 6 days, helping with the search and rescue.  

The funerals then began for us.

Several of the firemen Jim worked with lost their sons.

We only went to one wake, since only one of the bodies had been recovered.

One of the girls I worked with lost her husband.  

I could go on, but won't.

I cannot believe it's been 20 years.

My friend Frank Tepedino was a Major League Baseball player for 10 years.

After he retired he became a NYC fireman and was at the WTC on 9/11.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@lenquixote..Lenny, sorry about your good friend Barry.

@Lioness..Beautiful pictures, gorgeous gown!

@singinalot...your videos are amazing!!!

Thank you.I never knew anyone who had a bad word to say about Barry.He was one of the nicest human beings I ever knew.

In 2016 I was in the right place to save a persons life but that cannot compare to saving 23 lives.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Try getting a price on doing that size driveway with just plain concrete, it would probably be twice what you are paying just to repave your current driveway.

• Like 1