Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is all a matter of taste.We know people who will only cruise on Carnival.

My wife and I have been on 6 cruise lines .

I didn't say anything bad about Carnival. It just isn't for me. I am happy Carnival exists and fills a need. Without them there would probably be more demand for the RCI cabin that I want and a higher price that I'd have to pay for it.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't say anything bad about Carnival. It just isn't for me. I am happy Carnival exists and fills a need. Without them there would probably be more demand for the RCI cabin that I want and a higher price that I'd have to pay for it.

I can only have a Handicapped cabin and they are always in great demand .

We have been on two Carnival cruises.  The first one, July 2008, my youngest sister was getting married for the second time, and was going on her very first cruise.  She has 5 children, and had 2 grandchildren at the time.  She wanted as many of us who could, accompany them on the Honeymoon Cruise. My two other sisters and their husbands, two of my brothers and their wives, and Jim and I joined in.  Several nieces and nephews and spouses also joined us.  It was on Carnival Miracle out of NY.    It really wasn't a bad cruise;  crowded around the pool, but it wasn't too bad.  A nice time was had by all.  Then, in Sept or Oct. 2009, we went on our second Carnival cruise, from Hawaii to San Diego, a Repo.  It turned out to be a great cruise to all of the Islands.  The price was unbelievable for a 12 day cruise.  It was the same price we had paid for the 7 day cruise on the Miracle the year before.  It wasn't until I was passing by the pool bar, when I heard two guys talking about this great Repo we were on.  Oh, so that was why it was so cheap!  It was our very first Repo.  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, singinalot said:

3 of our cruises have been on Carnival: Breeze, Glory, Vista. I don’t think we’d take a Carnival cruise again unless it was an itinerary we couldn’t pass up 

Crystal where are we going next?

Ooops 😁I mean where and when is your next trip? I love going with you virtually! Your pictures are amazing and at times I scroll back to see them again.

• Like 4

Very good friends of ours sailed carnival out of baltimore and told us story about activities that occurred while on their balcony.  2 guys were smoking a joint on night one on their balcony.  The next day these same guys were back with another joint and got a string from wherever and were passing the joint back and forth between a balcony below them.  They saw this happen everyday and it was a 10 or 12 night cruise.    No idea how they got enough pot onboard.   

This was pre covid 2019.

23 minutes ago, singinalot said:

🤣🤣🤣

thank you. Seriously. I love documenting our trips.

no cruises on the horizon but 2 weeks in Greece starting October 4! I’m going to start a semi live on Monday on the Greece forum of cc.

after that is a weekend in Daytona in December and a week in Playa Del

Carmen in February.

Do you guys ever work?😉

29 minutes ago, singinalot said:

🤣🤣🤣

thank you. Seriously. I love documenting our trips.

no cruises on the horizon but 2 weeks in Greece starting October 4! I’m going to start a semi live on Monday on the Greece forum of cc.

after that is a weekend in Daytona in December and a week in Playa Del

Carmen in February.

Thanks. Calender marked. And hubby is asking really where are we going......I said these are just my (virtual) trips.

• Haha 1

We have  been  on a couple Carnival Ships, Triumph and Miracle, ever since we saw this in the Dining Room on Miracle we promised each other never again.

They had Pepto Bismol Tablets all over the ceiling of the Dining room, made us sick !!

Bacchus Dining Room Carnival Miracle by Sharon De Vore | ArtWanted.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We have  been  on a couple Carnival Ships, Triumph and Miracle, ever since we saw this in the Dining Room on Miracle we promised each other never again.

They had Pepto Bismol Tablets all over the ceiling of the Dining room, made us sick !!

How convenient....just in case you needed one, you could have pulled it off the ceiling. Would have saved the trip to the over expensive ship store!😁

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

OMG...😯

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That hurts my eyes and it’s only a photo. Can’t imagine it in person. 

• Like 2

I bought a foam cannon from Amazon and did some washing. Foam and let sit.  I’d give it a rinse and reform. 

95792E20-283C-4FD7-86E4-507DB5D23375.thumb.jpeg.681186ecee01c9f9a922e1d50323509d.jpeg

Then scrub with a telescopic brush. 

B8BEF9AD-4D3E-45E8-AE21-8A617467F433.thumb.jpeg.e3091d963e9d3ab5d874f1e1948e4f48.jpeg

Power wash for the finished product. They haven’t looked this clean in a while. Done in 2.5 hours from start up to clean up. 

76EB0CDA-CACA-4A02-99D7-9228BB72912D.thumb.jpeg.be032826f3d27519a6b5d9afd68cb24c.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

We did bid on the iconic suite in July , we had to settle for the penthouse suite 😁😁.

Bet you weren't disappointed!

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

TSOTD....

20210912_150344.thumb.jpg.60b3e463e7c2e28d879aa5cfdc7ae398.jpg

That's where we had dinner this evening.  Restaurant called North Italia...in Texas

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

OMG...😯

Exactly!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I bought a foam cannon from Amazon and did some washing. Foam and let sit.  I’d give it a rinse and reform. 

95792E20-283C-4FD7-86E4-507DB5D23375.thumb.jpeg.681186ecee01c9f9a922e1d50323509d.jpeg

Then scrub with a telescopic brush. 

B8BEF9AD-4D3E-45E8-AE21-8A617467F433.thumb.jpeg.e3091d963e9d3ab5d874f1e1948e4f48.jpeg

Power wash for the finished product. They haven’t looked this clean in a while. Done in 2.5 hours from start up to clean up. 

76EB0CDA-CACA-4A02-99D7-9228BB72912D.thumb.jpeg.be032826f3d27519a6b5d9afd68cb24c.jpeg

Awwwww…… I was looking for the video of the foam canon in action. 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

How convenient....just in case you needed one, you could have pulled it off the ceiling. Would have saved the trip to the over expensive ship store!😁

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

OMG...😯

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That hurts my eyes and it’s only a photo. Can’t imagine it in person. 

Oh it was even worse in person, left dinner with a headache more then once !! It was like a glow in dark shade of purple pink.

Makes you wonder what drug the designer was on when he thought up this look, Can't believe that dining room is still like that today. I would think after a dry dock or 2 they would have fixed that?

This was many, many years ago when we sailed on Miracle.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is all a matter of taste.We know people who will only cruise on Carnival.

My wife and I have been on 6 cruise lines .

I did my 6th cruise line decades ago , did at least a dozen, many no longer sail like Home, Italian and Renascence.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Oh it was even worse in person, left dinner with a headache more then once !! It was like a glow in dark shade of purple pink.

Makes you wonder what drug the designer was on when he thought up this look, Can't believe that dining room is still like that today. I would think after a dry dock or 2 they would have fixed that?

This was many, many years ago when we sailed on Miracle.

It's a "miracle" you could even eat. Now I know what taking acid makes things look like. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Well, since today seems to be cat show and tell day, this is Lila. She is a Platinum Tonkenese....

20200817_211550.thumb.jpg.0fe552291e69caa757df127276c6a928.jpg20200503_070918.thumb.jpg.7f2972519e07895347bac9501a98393b.jpg20191109_131937.thumb.jpg.c1f21c3db006bc3a94d57eb2d16cea7d.jpg

Still playing "catch up", but had to jump in here to say that this cat is beautiful.  I am a cat lover and most of mine have been Siamese.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Still playing "catch up", but had to jump in here to say that this cat is beautiful.  I am a cat lover and most of mine have been Siamese.  

Love Siamese we now have a ragdoll which we told was a Siamese, but great cat.

• Like 1