Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Don't show her the snake picture, she might scream and hurt her throat!

Haha.  I debated picking it up and bringing it to her.  She loves snakes.  This is her at her brother’s birthday party a couple years ago. 
CE11670B-BF3A-4432-A33B-5813BEC0388D.thumb.jpeg.14a1ff97ed56e4eb3d7e7fff333d3a5f.jpeg

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, George C said:

I can’t believe the idiotic state I live in, the state passes a rule saying you need to show both responses to all issues , including the holocaust. There was a news story on this on national news. I love this thread but so many sad health stories, my nice and godchild just had another brain surgery, she had 40 or so surgeries in her 40 or so years . 

So sorry for your niece/godchild and family. 

Having lost family members in the Holocaust, or Shoah as some call it, I don't know what the "other side" is??

Do we now have to hear responses from the other side regarding 911?  

I agree about us living in an idiotic state.  I, however, would use a stronger word than idiotic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Haha.  I debated picking it up and bringing it to her.  She loves snakes.  This is her at her brother’s birthday party a couple years ago. 
CE11670B-BF3A-4432-A33B-5813BEC0388D.thumb.jpeg.14a1ff97ed56e4eb3d7e7fff333d3a5f.jpeg

I'll forgive you that picture since my eyes are drawn to your sweet granddaughter who is fearless and NOT WHAT SHE HAS AROUND HER SHOULDERS!  

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I debated mentioning the following but this thread does make it easy to open up.  

She's adopted since she was just a few days old AND she really does have Jack's good looks and my brain, sometimes!.   Good guess on Dani's part! 

When she was little, a toddler, she loved to hear the story of when we brought her home from out of state on a plane.  She was 5 days old on her first plane ride!  She also loves when I tell her not only did I carry her in my heart before she was born but that a part of her will always remain there.  Our car service driver was told we would be coming back with an infant and to bring us home in style, he picked us up in a very long white stretch limo.  Like true rock stars.  Oh the looks we got!

I have friends that don't know she's adopted. It isn't a secret, just never came up in any discussion. 

I debated awhile until I decided to click Submit Reply to this post........................

Beautiful story of a beautiful little girl that is very lucky to be part of your loving family.

I grew up with a very good friend that was adopted as a young toddler.  He always loved telling people he was adopted and how his family picked him.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I like Captain Lee too!  Should be interesting to see if Rachel is still crazy.

Judging from the promo looks like she is still the same ole Rachel. Should be interesting.

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can find it online and stream it though.  Not sure if WWHL is On Demand or not.

I missed recording WWHL and was able to download the Bravo app onto my Apple TV and watched it. Worked really well.

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have friends that don't know she's adopted.

Thank you for adopting. Every child deserves to be loved by a loving parent.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great news😍

Mallory update:

Her sonogram will be Thursday at 10 AM.Thursday night we will be celebrating my daughters birthday.We were originally planning to order in food from her favorite LI restaurant but decided to have Mallory’s favorite food and dessert will be my daughters favorites.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Sheal said:

@jagsfanI'm sorry to hear your news.  The waiting must have been difficult these past few weeks. Add me to the group wishing you a speedy recovery!

@lenquixote66 Toby must have been so relieved to hear the good news.  I'm glad to hear she felt well enough to take part in some shopping therapy.  Way more fun that physical therapy, for sure!

It is so sad to hear how much stress that insurance company is putting upon the shoulders of your entire family, especially Mallory.  Seems pretty heartless to even think about how they book, then cancel, then point fingers, then come up with more hurdles to jump.  My mother went through something similar when trying to get an MRI last year.  The facility called to make an appointment, she pointed out she needed to go somewhere else (due to her pacemaker) and they put it down as patient refusal and she was back to square one with her doctor having to go through approval process all over again.  It took months for the test to actually get done. 

The sonogram will be in a hospital at 10 AM Thursday and hopefully the results will be sent to the doctor and MRI facility by Friday or possibly even Thursday .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I get my meat from a small, family owned supermarket and they notified people over the weekend that they are not able to get any fresh turkeys this year for Thanksgiving!

I recommend you sacrifice a Canadian goose. They are class one A wholes.😉

This one will even ride home with you and they are tasty.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have read about there being a chip shortage that is affecting cars!!

My wife was just at Walmart and sent me this picture.  Now this chip shortage is getting serious. 

C36124F7-0A65-4E38-8285-2F5DC25CDAC6.thumb.jpeg.13793f4cc8dc3eeecf86570b900628f2.jpeg

We made chili this week.  That’s when we found out that there is a shortage of Fritos.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful story of a beautiful little girl that is very lucky to be part of your loving family.

I grew up with a very good friend that was adopted as a young toddler.  He always loved telling people he was adopted and how his family picked him.

Debbie, thank you so much.  I appreciate it very much.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for adopting. Every child deserves to be loved by a loving parent.

I could not agree more!!

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

She was really interested in this big one, but it was too heavy for her to hold. 
6F9F40BE-F43E-4D89-9C45-F1702818459B.thumb.jpeg.3d3e31cbf16d32a885fd71bc2bf1c6c3.jpeg

I DIDN'T SEE THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s been a couple of months since I have found caffeine free coke in a can and rare to find it in a 2 liter bottle.

Even if not on the shelves, ask the store manager if he can start stocking your favorite soda.

I kept badgering the store manager near me to stock caffeine free diet Pepsi and now I see a few cartons each time I shop. I haven't found it elsewhere.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Even if not on the shelves, ask the store manager if he can start stocking your favorite soda.

I kept badgering the store manager near me to stock caffeine free diet Pepsi and now I see a few cartons each time I shop. I haven't found it elsewhere.

Last week while in Walmart the coke delivery man’ was stocking the shelves.  I talked to him about it.  He said all the coke products for our area comes from Memphis.  He said that every time he orders he orders caffeine free coke and can not get it.  He even checked while we were talking and none were in stock at Memphis at that time then he showed me that he was ordering it again.  My daughter in Little Rock can not get it either. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory update:

Her sonogram will be Thursday at 10 AM.Thursday night we will be celebrating my daughters birthday.We were originally planning to order in food from her favorite LI restaurant but decided to have Mallory’s favorite food and dessert will be my daughters favorites.

Terrific!  Sounds like a wonderful plan.  Happy Birthday to your Daughter🥰

I have to ask.  What is Mallorys favorite food and Daughters favorite desert?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I recommend you sacrifice a Canadian goose. They are class one A wholes.😉

This one will even ride home with you and they are tasty.

Build a net!  - Ron White

I won't post a link because some may find it offensive but if you're OK with a lot of F bombs and sometimes cringe worthy comedy, do a search for "Ron White radical terrorist Canadian geese" to see where this is from.

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have read about there being a chip shortage that is affecting cars!!

My wife was just at Walmart and sent me this picture.  Now this chip shortage is getting serious. 

C36124F7-0A65-4E38-8285-2F5DC25CDAC6.thumb.jpeg.13793f4cc8dc3eeecf86570b900628f2.jpeg

Same thing at all the Walmarts here in the Florida Panhandle as we travel from place to place.  The tourists are cleaning the shelves very quickly of chips, snacks, water, beer, and hot dogs.  All the food requirements I guess.  😉 

• Like 4

Good morning

Two shortages I have noticed in the Youngstown area.  I cannot find liquid cascade and frozen breakfast waffles are slim pickens.

Plenty of TP, and paper towels (generic, not bounty at Sams).

Tons of potato chips and chippy products at Sams.

Now the newlyweds have complained when they lived in Kentucky they could not find BUFFALO TRACE bourbon.  Well it was fully stocked on the Symphony of the Seas, probably been there the whole time the ship was not sailing. Bought them two bottles for Christmas.

But, when at Sams the shelves were rearranged more than usual, so if something was missing I did not notice it yet if I did not need it.

OMG, tons of Laundry detergent but the price of All has gone up by $3 and the size of the container has shrunken.

Marketing at its finast.

Take care 

• Like 4

Clear sunny morning here at LBI.  Bit windy in low 60s.  Ocean temp is 68.  Eric left a bit ago to surf fish.  Hoping he catches more king fish.  They were delicious the other week.   

I'm doing some work online.  Approved mortgages for 2 first time buyers so they should be happy campers.

I'm going to drive over to lowes in manahawkin to buy some new blinds for a couple windows.  Hopefully they have the cellular ones in stock.  Will stop at liquor store and restock too.

Have a Great day everyone🤩

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last week while in Walmart the coke delivery man’ was stocking the shelves.  I talked to him about it.  He said all the coke products for our area comes from Memphis.  He said that every time he orders he orders caffeine free coke and can not get it.  He even checked while we were talking and none were in stock at Memphis at that time then he showed me that he was ordering it again.  My daughter in Little Rock can not get it either. 

Have you tried other stores?  

I never buy soda in Walmart.  I find prices are usually higher than other stores. 

Interesting Coca-Cola fact:

Coca-Cola was invented in 1885 by John Pemberton, a pharmacist from Atlanta, Georgia, who concocted the original formula in his backyard. Pemberton’s recipe contained cocaine—in the form of an extract of the coca leaf, which inspired the “Coca” part of the beverage’s name. The “Cola” in the name comes from the kola nut, which contains caffeine, another stimulant.

At the time of Coca-Cola’s invention, cocaine was legal and a common ingredient in medicines. It was thought not to be harmful in small doses.

Caffeine was removed in 1929.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3