Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

LOL.  I had the wrong ship for March.  I think she might just deserve an extra cruise!

I’m don’t even care which ship I sail on, just want a cruise!

I first booked Harmony for March 20, then ‘21, then ‘22! I’m going to make it this time no matter what. 
I booked Allure for August because it was the longest cruise round trip out of Florida…8 measly days. 
I am so looking forward to getting this big bump in my road taken care of and being able to anticipate getting out on the ocean!

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My surgeon does intend to operate after an ok from my heart doctor. 
Anyway, I just want to get it done. 

And get it done, you will, Mimi!  Prayers and positive healing thoughts coming your way.❤️🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We got our reminder from CVS for our COVID tests tomorrow morning, so that is a good sign.  And thankfully, we are still symptom free from our time with the grandkids last Sunday.  

Maybe time for some more preventative maintenance.😂😂

You're almost there!!  Three more days!😊

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I will also be praying and positive thoughts for Mighty Kennedy.    I cannot imagine having your baby at the hospital for 8 months.    Hoping he will be home very soon🥰

Thank you, Debbie.  Kennedy's mom sends out informative emails every couple of months on the baby's progress.  It's been such a long haul for them.  I felt a little funny putting this out there, but this group is so very supportive, I was hoping it would be okay.❤️

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

+2

Thank you Marietta and Mimi❤️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was needing something different so I made this up. Toast with pesto and chopped roasted tomatoes, bacon and eggs.  Is 4 pieces of bacon too much?
00A8C17A-23A4-4C48-A7F1-DF1568E8D7F9.thumb.jpeg.0117f28229a7f9af9b3d926e7f9b9dbc.jpeg

Never to much Bacon....also it goes with every food group 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory’s favorite food is Macaroni and Cheese.

Mine too but with Lobster added. Yum.

48 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Anyway, I just want to get it done. 

I don't blame you Mimi. I'll be thinking of you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Mine too but with Lobster added. Yum.

As I was trying to eat some lobster each day on Symphony,  I tried the M&C with lobster.  They really didn’t put enough lobster in it to taste it.  Now Isumi was a different story.  The sushi with chucks of lobster on it was good!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They really didn’t put enough lobster in it to taste it.

If want some amazing Lobster Mac-n-Cheese go to "Goldbelly" and get Hancock's famous Lobster Mac-n-Cheese. She beat Bobby Flay in a "Throwdown." 

https://www.goldbelly.com/hancock-gourmet-lobster-co/15141-lobster-mac-and-cheese-casserole

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was needing something different so I made this up. Toast with pesto and chopped roasted tomatoes, bacon and eggs.  Is 4 pieces of bacon too much?
00A8C17A-23A4-4C48-A7F1-DF1568E8D7F9.thumb.jpeg.0117f28229a7f9af9b3d926e7f9b9dbc.jpeg

Yummy!   

When I have bacon 3 or 4 slices is perfect.     I hate when you go out to eat and they give 2 pieces - that's a tease IMO.   

Are your tomatoes still growing?    Mine stopped end of September and I pulled the plants out of ground before we came to the shore house.     My peppers and eggplant are still going (per my neighbor).    

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How lucky for your baby girl ( now a momma herself) to have been sent to two loving parents.  What a beautiful and loving story she has grown up with .❤️

Jim's aunt adopted MaryJane, from Korea, back in the 70's.  MaryJane was 4 years old when she was adopted, and adapted very quickly to her loving family.  Jim's cousin, after growing up with MaryJane, went on to adopt two beautiful girls from China.

Maryann, thank you so much!

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I just wanted to put this out there.  I've been praying for little "Mighty" Kennedy Ganz since reading about and supporting the Ganz family on a GoFund me on my FB thread.  The Ganz family live in my township.    Baby Kennedy was born way too early;  a Micro-Preemie, Kennedy weighed 800 grams and was a tiny 31.5 centimeters long,  He has gone through so many procedures and is scheduled for major surgery tomorrow,  Kennedy is now 8 months old and has been living in CHOPS since his birth.  The family is hoping that if successful, Kennedy could be going home for the first time, and join his two older sisters,.  Prayers and positive vibes and healing energy would be appreciated for this child.  Tomorrow will be a life changing day for Kennedy and his family.  Thank you.🙏

Best wishes for Sweet little Kennedy's surgery to be a success and to come home soon to his family where he belongs.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bonnie, I too hesitated a lot before "submit your reply" -- thinking may be my attempt at a bit of humor [since, as @George C mentioned, we have some sad health stories lately],  to lighten the mood, will not be understood as such.

Your adoption story is very moving, and I'm so happy that both "parties" lucked out 🥰

Dani, your comment was received with smiles and thank you for your kind words.

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It was a misunderstanding in one Texas school district of a new state law. They have clarified and apologized. Obviously, there should be no debate over the horrific event of the holocaust.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/15/us/holocaust-texas-school.html

I apologize to the good people on this thread for what I am about to say.  Comments about cruising are so much more delightful, however.....

I might be super sensitive and I didn't want to drag this issue out in here but I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the superintendent apologized on behalf of the official who told teachers to present both sides of the Holocaust.   Strange how the official singled out the Holocaust as an example, new state law or not.  Just sayin'.

We now return to our regular scheduled program.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yummy!   

When I have bacon 3 or 4 slices is perfect.     I hate when you go out to eat and they give 2 pieces - that's a tease IMO.   

Are your tomatoes still growing?    Mine stopped end of September and I pulled the plants out of ground before we came to the shore house.     My peppers and eggplant are still going (per my neighbor).    

Since getting back I’ve harvested over 100 cherry tomatoes, a dozen Amish paste, and few each of other variety.  I was a bit sad to find about a dozen rotten ones.  I tell my neighbors to pick, don’t let them go to waste while I’m gone.  One neighbor picked some and tossed some other bad ones.  Yesterday a neighbor friend that enjoys the tomatoes assured me that next season she will not let them go to waste.  
We probably have two more weeks.  I picked about 20 Delicious tomatoes today but they only grew about 1/4 the normal size.  Still taste good.  Several of the ones I picked today have some ripening to do.

I have a few peppers still going but I did not have as many grow this year.  

I plan to start the garlic soon.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Back from my marathon session with the dentist this morning.  If I knew all he was going to do today, I would have postponed till after the cruise. 

We got our reminder from CVS for our COVID tests tomorrow morning, so that is a good sign.  And thankfully, we are still symptom free from our time with the grandkids last Sunday.  

Maybe time for some more preventative maintenance.😂😂

Preventative maintenance should be done regularly, even if you don’t have a cruise coming up. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I just wanted to put this out there.  I've been praying for little "Mighty" Kennedy Ganz since reading about and supporting the Ganz family on a GoFund me on my FB thread.  The Ganz family live in my township.    Baby Kennedy was born way too early;  a Micro-Preemie, Kennedy weighed 800 grams and was a tiny 31.5 centimeters long,  He has gone through so many procedures and is scheduled for major surgery tomorrow,  Kennedy is now 8 months old and has been living in CHOPS since his birth.  The family is hoping that if successful, Kennedy could be going home for the first time, and join his two older sisters,.  Prayers and positive vibes and healing energy would be appreciated for this child.  Tomorrow will be a life changing day for Kennedy and his family.  Thank you.🙏

🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

These are Amish Paste tomatos.  I quartered them, lightly sprinkled with sugar, kosher salt, ground pepper, drizzled on olive oil and added minced garlic. Baked in the convection oven over an hour on 350.

The concentrated taste is so good. I originally thought to use them with the bread I made before the cruise.  This taste so good I might put some on a pizza.  They taste great by themselves but real strong. 20211020_152607_001.thumb.jpg.9f3d1e2c1202509dcf43528c6dd9c427.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

These are Amish Paste tomatos.  I quartered them, lightly sprinkled with sugar, kosher salt, ground pepper, drizzled on olive oil and added minced garlic. Baked in the convection oven over an hour on 350.

The concentrated taste is so good. I originally thought to use them with the bread I made before the cruise.  This taste so good I might put some on a pizza.  They taste great by themselves but real strong. 20211020_152607_001.thumb.jpg.9f3d1e2c1202509dcf43528c6dd9c427.jpg

Yum!  I don't believe I've ever heard of Amish Paste Tomatoes.  Rushing over to google pictures!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I like lobster and I like Mac n Cheese. But not mixed together. Just like I like fried chicken and I like waffles. But not on the same plate. Syrup on fried chicken, no thanks. 

I’m with you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1